“Stranded in a Good Place” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in St. George
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Stranded in a Good Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I had already booked this motel for an overnight when my transmission failed 21 miles from the exit in a mountain gorge. I had to extend my stay for two additional nights while waiting for the new one to arrive and be installed. The front desk gave me the same price for the extra days, a very reasonable rate of $63 plus tax. They also extended the checkout time when I didn't know if I would need to stay another night. Not to mention the generous number of TV stations which suddenly become important when it's over 100 degrees out and you have no car. The free hot breakfast saved me from having to walk elsewhere and was quite good: fluffy, perfectly seasoned scrambled eggs, sausage, English muffins, bagels, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. I would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking for good service and good value.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
West Jordan, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We always stay at this particular motel because of the ratings I have given on the survey. I have begun making our reservations through Best Western so we can use the rewards program. We appreciate the servic4e & good food offered.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Alta Loma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

From the minute we checked in until we checked out the staff was extremely helpful. Receptionist told us about a nice pasta restaurant and it was very good. The room was perfect for our family. 3 beds - my husband and I, my daughter, and my grandson. Very clean and restful.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This hotel was very nice, quite, clean& comfortable. The room had 3 beds a small in table two chairs nice T.V closet was behind a nice mirror. Small bathroom but the big room made up for that. Pool was nice and clean, hot tub was great after a long drive. Friendly staff. But most of all the breakfast was great. Definitely worth the stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Hotel is newly updated with clean, comfortable interiors and a lovely pool deck. No problem booking for a larger family in one room, as so many locations have. Very impressed, definitely the nicest hotel on our trip, and the best price as well!

Las Vegas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just went for an overnight stay, the front desk person was very polite and helpful. The room had a very small bathroom but it wasn't a problem, The bed was a bit too soft for us but it was comfortable.

Peoria, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Notes on best western travel inn in St George Utah
First thing I saw walking into the lobby were two waffle machines. That’s what I like to see. Check in experience was very good, friendly. The TV is awesome big, like 37 inches, and there are so many channels. (I don’t have cable or satellite at home, so this was nice.) There was a coffee pot in room with all the fixings. We were in room #27, and oddly enough, we were in the room for 2 days before we figure out that the closet was behind the floor to ceiling mirror. We thought there were no stands for a suitcase, but there were actually two in the hidden closet. The ceilings were very low. I’m only 5’7” and I could touch the ceiling. Out the window there’s pretty much no view of anything, even though the LDS Temple is right near the back of the hotel.
The room was not big, not a lot of floor space with three beds, but it was clean, and our bathroom had a bathtub,which my wife loves. It had a nice desk and office chair with a place to plug in a laptop. wifi was easy to get on. It dropped out on us several times and we had to re-sign on. it’s because they use HTML redirect, which is fussy about its browsers. Use Internet Explorer. The floor to ceiling mirror was nice, just be aware there’s a closet behind it. The room looked and smelled clean. 4 pillows on each bed. That’s nice.
I was offered bottled water at check in b/c I’ve got status with Best Western. There’s a nice little parking area down by lower level rooms around back. There’s a small but nice pool. very warm. Small hot tub but very nice. (Timer doesn’t stay on long enough for the bubbles.) Pool towels are available at the front desk and handed out with a smile.
Breakfast was eggs, sausages, toast, bagels, english muffins, coffee, hot cocoa, two sizes of waffles, cereal, milk, two kinds of juice, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, they had a good breakfast. The lobby where you get breakfast is sort of small, but there’s a room behind the lobby with more breakfast seating and a TV. Restaurants are right next door, and I recommend the asian buffet two doors down, if you like that sort of thing.
There was plenty of parking.
The maid staff was super friendly and accomodating, providing us with extra towels without us asking, and an extra blanket when we asked.
We stayed for 4 nights while hiking in the area. I would stay here again in a second. It was extremely good value for the money, especially with the full hot breakfast each day.

Room Tip: If you get one of the rooms on the lower level, be aware that there's a closet behind the floor...