“Wonderful hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Laredo, Texas
“Wonderful hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was our firtst visit to St. George and we enjoyed our overnigth stay there. While the hotel may be aging a bit, it is still well kept and clean, nothing musty or old. Our rooms were big and comfortable with a little refregerator for our traveling refreshments. While most hotels have small dining rooms, this one had two big areas so there was plenty of room for all of us to sit and enjoy our great breakfast. Clerks were courteous and welcoming. Only complaint - wish the vanity was separate from the commode and shower.

Room Tip: This is a convention hotel so it is very big. Ask for a room near the lobby or elevator if you have...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Finnish first
South Jordan, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was our first time staying at this Comfort Inn in St. George. We had been disappointed in our normal hotels, they had continually declined in the last few years. New management had let them run down until they were filthy and full of cockroaches. This Comfort Inn was extremely clean, the staff was helpful and friendly, breakfast was great, and our room was very spacious. I will definitely stay there on my next trip to St. George.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DFW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

To me, this is the perfect place. the rooms are updated and clean INCLUDING the bathroom. On my recent road trip, I came across motels boasting remodeled rooms, but found out that it was only the room, not the bathroom. To me, the most important place is the bathroom--where I can wash off the road feeling comfortable in my bare feet, etc.

The bed was very comfortable. So much so that, considering replacing my own bed, I strip it a bit to jot down the make and model. I also did this with another Choice Hotels property that seemed to have the same bed. It was wonderful and I got a great night's sleep. Call me quirky, but I also liked this place because I could have the AC on, and the fan would remain on even when it cycled. I have to have "white noise" to sleep and most places the AC goes off and on, waking me up.

But the best thing, out of 7 motels in 7 days, is they still had real pay-per-view movies. Yes, they are always pricey, but I travel alone and enjoy starting a movie when I'm ready and snuggling in for the night. This stop, I was able to rent "Hyde Park on the Hudson."

In the end, the bathroom was as updated as the rest of the room. Worth noting is that the hot water is REALLY hot. There is even a sign on the vanity warning as much. I presume this is because guests will use less which means there is more for everyone. This should be a caution to travelers with small children--there is danger of scalding if not supervised. The only ding on this stay is that they have not updated the TVs. Still the old CRT, which meant my movie was in letterbox and slightly difficult to see.

Funny anecdote: I was given room 123, which I misread as 128. There isn't a room 128. At least not that I ever found. Another traveler helped me look and I felt like such an idiot when I looked at my key folder again. I did finally find my room, but I even though the room numbers go up into the 130s and beyond, I still do not believe there is a 128.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
slc, ut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have ONE question...has the owner or manager EVER stayed in the King Suite room overnight?? The furniture arrangement of this room is POOR ! The bed is two feet from the air conditioner, which has NO option of changing air flow direction. The air conditioner is noisy and blows directly at the bed...resulting in freezing air blowing at you while resting or trying to sleep...and requiring the use of the down comforter.

The TV volume up has to be turned WAY high to hear the TV while the air conditioner is on. We can't imagine how this may have penetrated to the room next door?!

This situation could be remedied rather easily...MOVE the couch to the side of the room with the air conditioner and MOVE the bed to the middle of the room - place the TV where it can be seen from both the the bed and couch. This simple change would have made our trip 200% better.

Overall the conditions of this hotel are AVERAGE - the room was spacious & clean.

Breakfast was okay, same options both days - the hotel was VERY busy so there was a waiting line and finding an available table was a waiting game.

Because of the setup of the room WE WILL NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN.

Room Tip: Check the layout of the rooms you wish to reserve - STAY AWAY from those with bed next to air condit...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

St George Utah is a great place to stay if you're headed to Zion Park or Bryce Canyon for a day. The hotels in Springdale UT, which is the small town right outside of Zion National Park, can be pricey. St George Utah is only about 45 minutes away and offers many nice hotels at reasonable rates. (Springdale may be a better choice if you''ll be spending several days at Zion or Bryce.)
This Comfort Inn is in a convenient location, it is clean and the rooms are updated and spacious. They also have a free breakfast with eggs, waffles, toast, english muffins, cereal, juice, coffee, yogurt, bananas and apples. The lady at the counter, (Lesa?) was very helpful and offered some suggestions about the area when I asked. Great place to stay. Counter rates will be just under $99/night but you can book in advance for under $78/night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sandy, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is the third time I've stayed at this property. My previous visit was horrible. I was surprised they were still a Comfort Inn. The building was fantastic. The room was huge and the atmosphere pleasing. However, I got the feeling that the hotel is not well run or maintained. The room was clean except for the carpet, which left my feet black. The staff was polite, but not trained in smiling or desiring to offer good service. The manager, who is the owner, seemed to be nice, but disengaged. Attention to detail and great customer service would make this place a winner. However, it seemed only average.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Western U.S.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

What we really liked about this hotel was it's convenient location - right off the 15 and easy navigation to the rest of town. Room was clean, spacious and quiet. Bathroom was small, but newly upgraded with granite and kept clean and well stocked. We also had a small fridge, closet space, coffee/tea and coffee maker too. Beds were o.k., halls were quiet, room was cool in the heat of summer. Yes, the TV was from the 90s, some of the furniture and linens were older, but for the price we paid (under 80), I'm not complaining! Plenty of parking, easy check in/out w/ friendly staff, free Wi-Fi, and free small breakfast too. Husband and son used the pool/spa and had a good time! Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again! P.S. If you're sensitive to outside noises (parking lot, people next door, TVs, etc...) and don't mind "white noise" just use the wall temp.unit to run the window fan - blocks all outside noises and keeps your room cool.

Room Tip: We had a room facing parking lot on ground floor and it was fine. Just keep your curtain closed, un...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn at Convention Center? Share your experiences!