“This hotel is a GREAT value for the $” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Sandy, Utah
“This hotel is a GREAT value for the $”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

A modern and fairly new hotel. It is immaculate inside and out. It has a large pool, 2 whirlpool tubs and a fitness room. The complimentary continental breakfast has something for everyone. And the pillows will put you to sleep quick. All for under $85 / night! I have stayed there 3 times now in the past 9 months and will return every time I am in St George for business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Finnish first
destin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had reservations for 4 nights and actually checked out early to find somewhere better. The beds are terrible, the rooms are dingy and rundown, the tv is from 1990. You could hear people talking in the rooms above and beside. We heard tvs all night long. Our room had a view of the parking lot, and the cars were so close to our window that we couldn't open our blinds without everyone seeing into our room. The a/c runs and runs and you either freeze or burn up. The hallway a/c doesn't work.. it must be about 110 degrees in the hallways. The drink machines were sold out on all the drinks. We went to the pool one night.. and there were no pool towels.. so I went to the front desk to ask for pool towels. The front desk clerk told me that the hotel was so full of guests that they ran out of pool towels and would not be bringing any more out that day. I asked her if we were just supposed to freeze when we got out of the pool with no towel, and she said, "yes, I guess you will have to" . I had a baby already in the pool with my husband and no way to cover him up when he got out. The breakfast was "ok".. it wasn't well stocked... and the milk we poured on our cereal turned out to be rotten.. Our family travels all the time and we have stayed in tons of hotels, this was one of the worst. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

A fair price for a clean comfortable room. The only downside is the noise coming from the pool area. Oh, and the walls for next door are a bit thin, too. This is the second time I have stayed there and would stay again. Just get a room farther from the pool.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

To be fair, I cancelled my reservation before staying at this property. It may be very lovely. My issue is that I made a reservation, which I had to cancel. The staff was very nice, they cancelled it no problem at all. Surprise, surprise though, when I got my credit card bill, I had been billed for a one night stay. When I called, they said they had already issued a credit and would send a copy to my email. The person was very polite and kind. The copy was received within 2 minutes, so again, great service. However, I have two issues. First, I was never told they were going to charge in advance for the first night. The agent said that it was clearly stated, but I didn't see this anywhere, and went back to review the confirmation they sent me, and it isn't anywhere on that either. Second, the refund was not issued until 7 days after the cancellation was made. (I notice they were able to bill me the very day that I made the reservation, but it took a week to issue the refund.) I am disappointed that the fact that the charge would be made was not disclosed more clearly. I would not have reserved the room, since I knew there was a good chance I would need to cancel. The only reason I reserved in the first place was because all of the hotels were selling out very quickly. However, I would have chosen to make my reservation somewhere else that didn't charge in advance.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hemet, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

When we travel north to Montana from southern California the Comfort Inn at Convention Center is always our best lodging experience of the trip. So much so that we have recommended it to many of our friends who always return to thank us. The rooms are well kept and the staff is friendly and acomodating. We enjoy the hot breakfast each morning in the spacious common room. You will not regret staying here.

• Stayed June 2012
Vista, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed last night,Thanksgiving 2012, at this hotel. .Thee are alot of hotels in the 15 frwy/ Bluff area of St. George. About half of them are low-budget crummy inns along Bluff St, but there are a few big-name hotels sprinkled around town. The Best Western was sold out, so I went with a hunch and found Comfort Inn at the Dixie Convention Center.
Found it clean, and the front desk people were friendly. The fitness room had 1 each of a treadmill, reclining bike, stationary bike and weight machine. Vending machines and ice on each of the 3 floors with elevators clean and working. The pool area was very nice and well-maintained. The bedding and bed were good quality, the pillows light and fluffy with a down coverlet...
Bathroom had granite counters and granite tub surrounds, as well as a microwave, frig and coffeemaker. Rooms are quite large with a foldout sofa too. All around good value, will recommend to anyone. . Price under a Benjamin.
Breakfast free but just OK...

Room Tip: Third floor room is good.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
St. George, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed almost 2 weeks. Rooms are.a very nice size. The windows open for fresh air. Staff was pleasant & accommodating. Very nice laundry, pool. & fitness facilities. Breakfast was ok. Could be improved. The tv is mediocre & limited stations. No KBYU. Unheard of not have the Utah PBS station. I don't think we could have found nicer accommodations for the $$ we spent. Close to restaurants & freeway .

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Comfort Inn at Convention Center? Share your experiences!