“not so clean” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 42 Hotels in St. George
belgium
“not so clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed here in april 2014 on our way back to Las Vegas. Turned out to be the most expensive hotel stay of our vacation and it was the worst. Just barely good enough to sleep. Room looked like it was falling apart and could use some renovation. Size of room and breakfast were reasonable. Nothing more to say.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
SLC, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have NEVER been treated as poorly - anywhere! The desk staff, including manager, we're rude and underhanded. After canceling a second night due to a filthy room and two police arrests in the parking lot the night we did stay, I find that my credit card was hit for the second night anyway. Believing an oversight, I called to have the money refunded, only to be told that it was now "my problem and I would need to call my bank to solve the issue." What criminals! Do NOT stay here. If you don't get some disease from the room or pool, or you're not caught up in some wild police activity, then you are likely to be taken advantage of by a turban-wearing petty thief charging your bank card for services you never received.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

When we planned out Utah trip there was little avail at St George for the day we were passing through. Hence, the Sands Motel. The exterior seems neat enough, but the rooms are a disaster. It is a family owned hotel, and for some reason or other have fallen behind on maintenance and upgrades. For $114 for one night we got a room that had no coffee maker, two filthy, ragged cushioned chairs, no chair suitable for sitting in to do computer work (had to request one from the office), drapes that were seriously stained with either vomit or wine, beds with non fitted sheets that did not tuck in properly, and a "breakfast" next door at the Coronado motel (must be affiliated w Sands) that was the chintziest spread we have seen these past ten days. The town was pretty well booked out or we would not have stayed; but the price was probably double what this trashy room was worth.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sedgefield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed there for one night during August 2013. The rooms are very clean and the linen is crisp and fresh. Beds are very comfortable. There is enough pillows. There is a pool and an excellent breakfast included for under $30 a night during the week. I can highly recommend this motel. The a/c is not blowing over the beds.

Room Tip: Any room according to your needs.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Home
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

DO NOT stay here and if you do... do not use the pool. A child threw up Friday in and on the side of the pool and today (Sept 23. 2012... three days later) it is still there. The rooms stink, the beds are uncomfortable, there was black mold all over in the bathroom, the front desk was not helpful. This place is HORRIBLE.. BUYER BEWARE

Room Tip: RUUUN. I wish I would have stayed next door at the Coronada.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My friend and I stayed at this motel as we were passing through St George on our way to Zion. For $30 (so $15 each) it was a good value, plus we got the free breakfast. Everything was basic, but again, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Carefree
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

In my exhaustion, thinking I would save some money since I was only sleeping for a few hours, I made the grave MISTAKE of stopping at the Sands Motel in St. George on a very brief business overnight. Upon reserving a room, I couldn't find my business credit card, so I just paid cash, BEFORE I checked the room. TRAVEL TIP: DON'T EVER pay before doing a BED BUG and mattress CHECK!!!! After arriving in this TOTAL DUMP of a room, I still had the presence of mind to check the room and of course, I found BED BUGS! The mattress was so stained and filthy that the UTAH Health Dept. needs to DO THEIR JOB and PROTECT the PUBLIC by condemning dirty dumps like this one!!!!! I was so tired and disgusted I got out of there as quickly as possible. It was late, and no one responded when I went back to the office. I was so upset that I just left and drove all night to my next destination, which with NO SLEEP, was extremely DANGEROUS! I wrote to the Sands Motel to request a refund, but have not heard back from them - big SURPRISE!!!! Thank GOD I didn't unpack my suitcase and potentially have to destroy all of my belongings b/c of BED BUG INFESTATION!!!! Stay as far away from this foreign owned filthy dump on St. George Blvd!!!!!

Room Tip: BEWARE!!!! STAY AWAY!!!! BED BUGS & the filthiest room I have ever seen in 50 years of travel...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sands Motel? Share your experiences!