“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Tacoma, WA
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

this was our last place before heading home after a week at the National parks. I was looking for a spa-like stay and this is it! The rooms exude a modern spa like vibe, are very comfortable and quiet and there is no spa (which I never go to anyway) so it costs a lot less! They opened the pool the morning after we got there ( I really hoped it would be open on our arriva in 104 degree heat) and there's a great view of the city from the pool too. The restaurant was very attractive as well, food was good. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend it

Room Tip: all about the same is my guess!
Thomas H, Owner at Inn on the Cliff, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your review on our overall property. We're glad we were able to serve you folks. Just so you know, it's even more amazing a view to enjoy the pool/jacuzzi at night--we hope you'll make your way back to St. George soon and let us make up for the missed opportunity take a dip. Best Wishes from up here on the cliff!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Ok fellas, if you are tasked with booking travel arrangements and your better half placed stress on you to not screw up the vacation plans and picking a "winner," you will be thanked over and over again for booking this place. The Cliffside restaurant was just recently opened and the hotel itself was only opened in February. The hotel was converted from a motel, completely gutted and remodeled as well as the restaurant, and now is the epitome of a hidden gem. The owners, husband and wife, were involved in the hospitality industry in the Salt Lake area years ago, and ended up getting back into it after moving to the area. The executive chef went to culinary school at a state school, and everything that is coming out of his kitchen is superb. Don't be surprised if he comes to your table to see how your meal was. My wife and I enjoyed our conversations and chatting about good beers. I could honestly go into more detail and include half the staffs first names, but I do not want to sound like a psychopath. Our stay was honestly that great. Could it be that they are newly opened and just on top of their game? or is it that they may all just believe in what they are doing here? Based on our treatment I could strongly make a case for the latter. This is a must stay in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms have a spectacular view. If the Google maps does not provide a flattering exterior photo...
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Wow! What other's have said about the pictures not doing the place justice is absolutely correct! Gorgeous views from every room, as this place is literally on a cliff. It doesn't matter if you are on the first floor or the second. Everyroom has a view. Rooms have a wonderful zen like vibe to it and what a treat that they used incadescent light bulbs! I don't know about you folks, but I'm tired of the green/blue hue of the LED lights used in most hotel rooms. Bed was comfy, towels were thirsty, and there was plenty of hot water. Wifi was a bit spotty but I was there to relax. However, if I had any pressing business to contend with, I would have been irritated by it but that would be my only complaint.

Room Tip: As I mentioned above, look for St George Blvd and head up that street.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thomas H, Owner at Inn on the Cliff, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
I would like to personally thank you for staying with us at Inn on the Cliff, and for providing such an excellent review, commenting on the views, the room decor, even the lightbulbs, the beds and the towels! We are glad that these little details we add really made your stay sensational! Thank you as well for mentioning the Wi-Fi concern; we are always looking for ways to improve and we will work on finding solutions to our signal strength. We hope to see you again soon on the cliff!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Great spot, really nice mom and pop place that comes off as semi-luxurious. Nice attached restaurant, better than average breakfast (included) delivered to your door in the morning, and excellent desserts at the restaurant. Will stay there every time we visit SG.

Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I made a quick trip to St. George for business. I selected the Inn on the Cliff because it had such great reviews. I am glad I did. Our room was exceptionally clean and quiet. They must have just remodeled because everything was new. The view was amazing.

The staff was very good. I believe I was thanked for staying with them 5 times by different staff members. These people want your business and it shows. I've never seen a hotel staff try so hard. The continental breakfast delivered to our room was a very nice touch too.

The pool and hot tub were not yet completed when we stayed but I am sure they'll be perfect upon completion.

These guys know what they are doing. It was a pleasure to stay here and I look forward to our next. visit!

Room Tip: Any room you choose will be great.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thomas H, Owner at Inn on the Cliff, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Inn on the Cliff! Thank you for visiting us, and we appreciate the time you took to review our rooms, the breakfast and especially our staff. We truly do care about every guest who stays with us, so we are glad you had such a pleasant experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon, and that you can enjoy our newly opened pool! Thanks again!
Desert Hot Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We spent 5 days here at this inn on top of the hill. Had great views of St. George. Very comfortable accommodations, Very quiet. Room decorated with good taste. Had a refrig and coffee in room aside from pastries and fruit for breakfast brought to the room. Next door is their restaurant and just opened a month ago. Will improve over time. Was in process of installing pool and spa which will add another positive. We do recommend staying at this diamond in the rough!

Room Tip: We enjoyed being upstairs since the view is outstanding!
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is a great city & mountain view hotel. Small but newly remodeled. The staff (Mainly Emily) are great and sincerely friendly. The included breakfast is modest but very healthy. Fresh fruit,yogurt with nuts,orange juice and orange wedges and a questionable roll.

I just slept there so I was not able to try the restaurant although locals seem to keep it very busy. St George is a very nice city and I spent a couple days here because one of my friends is retiring here soon so he bought a house and we explored the city.

I would recommend this place and know most would love it. It is not cheap but that is never my goal.

Room Tip: Only good rooms with great city & Mountain Views available. Two floors but very quiet in rooms a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thomas H, Owner at Inn on the Cliff, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel staff, breakfast, and the beautiful city we call home. We're glad you enjoyed your visit to St. George and to our hotel! Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again on the cliff!

Been to Inn on the Cliff? Share your experiences!