“TRUMP LAS VEGAS - VERY BOAT FRIENDLY” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in St. George
La Canada Flintridge, California
“TRUMP LAS VEGAS - VERY BOAT FRIENDLY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Las Vegas in general is very boat unfriendly. Trump is the exception with valet boat trailer parking. Large guarded lot just next to the hotel. Everyone goes out of their way to be helpful..Hotel rooms are large mini suites with kitchens. No casino and a totally non-smoking hotel. Will definitely stay here again on the way to and from Lake Powell.

Room Tip: One bedroom suites are teriific.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Courtyard in St Geoge is a good place to stay, clean, does the job, no surprises. The bed was comfortable, the kids enjoyed the indoor pool and outdoor hot tub and the breakfast buffet was fine and reasonably priced (it was not included). I should mention, the lady at the buffet was lovely, helpful with the kids and nice to talk to (I think she said she came from South Dakota, sorry, didn't get her name). The hotel lobby was under construction, which took a bit off the atmosphere. Courtyard Marriotts are predictable, which in this case is a good thing.

shmagic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had an overnight here to chill out for a day before heading for Zion National Park...the staff were very helpful as we arrived early not realizing there was an hours time difference between Vegas and Utah..recommended a nice place to have a snack/lunch and gave us a quieter room than had originally been available for us.

View from room was over pool area which was a nice small and attractive place to sit..was convenient place to stay...not much to see or do in St George..very small town but we did drive around and saw the temple and older buildings.

Would stay here again if in the general area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

After a long drive, this was the perfect stop for my family of 5. The outdoor pool was open late and a perfect place for the kids to get their wiggles out after being cooped up in the car. For swimming during the intensely hot summer days, an indoor pool is also available. Although we did pay extra for breakfast, the staff was proactive, helpful, and went out of their way to make sure all our needs were met. The room was clean and comfortable. We will be back.

Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stopped over here on my way to Yellowstone. It was good enough for one night. Very roomy room and comfortable bed, and the convenience store downstairs was a lifesaver. Better than the Best Western in St. George I stayed in a couple years back. The staff was very accommodating and willing to give us directions to stores and stuff in order to resupply.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Morgantown, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Courtyard is a modern hotel with clean and comfortable rooms. I stayed here for 1 night on 2 separate occasions. Comfortable bed. Spacious bathroom. Wide couch for lounging around. Widescreen TV. Fast and strong WiFi. There's even a laundry room for cleaning your clothes in the middle of your trip. The only thing I recommend skipping is the continental breakfast. The service was nice, but the food was nothing special. Go someplace like the Bear Paw Cafe for breakfast instead.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
La Jolla, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

There are too many other places in town that actually care about you to stay in this sad place. First off. . . We were stopping here on our family trip on our way to Vail. (Please understand that we booked this with 26000 rewards points...that means we stay with hotel brand often. Almost a month at a Residence Inn right before this ...bad plumbing at our place, and on our way to the Marriott in Vail) We had the worst trip ever by the time we arrived at 1am. I had called the hotel as a courtesy to let them know we were arriving late as I always do when we pull through at a bad time. We found out a half hour before we arrived that our bank had frozen our cards and when we got there only had a prepaid card without our names on it with a few hundred on it (we keep in the car for emergencies) and PLENTY of money in cash. Mind you as we drag our bodies in to check in we had already had the room paid for by points and at this point we were only staying long enough to sleep and hit the road at 8 or 9 am. My husband went in to explain the situation (and that if it was matter of ID we had everything from our birth cert, ss cards, and marriage cert...as we left right after I came back from the dmv for some nonsense) and ask if we could pay a deposit with our prepaid card (that was registered to us) or cash and just pick the cash up as we left. He came out looking dejected and told me they wouldn't take it. I went in and asked if there was anything she could do. The room was already paid for and we had a sleeping 10 month old, 2 year old, and ten year old in the car in a strange town...we just wanted a safe cool (as it was HOT out) place to sleep before we left the next morning. She nastily said, "Kids...FINE." And swiped our prepaid car. She slammed it back on the counter and said, "It was declined." WHAT!? DH and I went right outside to call and check on it an it clearly said that hotel at that exact time took out the deposit money. We went in and had her listen and she said, "I looked. It's no where in here. I don't care what it says." We asked again if we could leave ANY amount of cash and she said "Absolutely not." I started crying....it was a long day and an insane hour...I felt like I didn't know what to do to protect my children and find them a safe place to stay in a town I didn't know. There are a crazy amount of hotels there so we started looking at prices (this was over Memorial Day weekend on Friday and we couldn't have access to our bank until Tuesday...so we had to make do with what we had on hand....The Courtyard just bit into our money and when asked when it would be returned the girl said "I have no idea since I don't have it." P/S SAME ANSWER WITH OUR POINTS WASTED HERE!)...we found a place that the lady was so so sweet and gave us a room with two queen beds close to the office on the inside of the courtyard (safer) right away...let us pay cash and no deposit. Guess where that was .... the ECONOLODGE. We collapsed into bed after getting everyone up and situated. The beds were really uncomfortable and the pillows flat but it was clean, safe, and felt like heaven. (There was even a window high in the shower area to let in natural light....it felt like paradise after our ordeal.) For FIVE days I called the hotel manager over and over....asking WTF happened and when we would get our money and points back. I can't count how many times he said he'd look into it... NO ONE EVER EVER CALLED ME BACK. The money and points still haven't been returned and they proved in to uncertain terms how expendable we were. The manager I talked to was named BROOKS. He REASSURED me he'd fix this. I never heard from him again. I gave them all a month...for the money or points ...or a phone call to be returned...NOTHING. I'm now writing my reviews wherever I can post them and calling Marriott corporate. Might I add that even with the issues of the card and even WHILE PAYING FOR OUR ROOM FOR TWICE THE NIGHTS the Marriott in Vail had a flawless check in..took cash happily and we had AMAZING service. The Courtyard in St. George are thieves and horridly unconcerned with their patrons. There are a hundred other places within a mile radius ...stay anywhere else but here. HINT: They said something once about the manager being at their other property next door...also a Marriott....AVOID THEM BOTH! Disgusting ethic...horrible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott St. George? Share your experiences!