“I Got What I Paid For...Which Wasn't Much ha-ha!” 2 of 5 stars

You added Coronada Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Coronada Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   559 East St. George Blvd., St. George, UT 84770   |
Ranked #40 of 41 Hotels in St. George
“I Got What I Paid For...Which Wasn't Much ha-ha!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My friend and I needed a hotel last second and therefore just selected the cheapest option on hotels.com,
which is why I wasn't expecting much. The motel was right off the main highway, which was awesome! It was fairly well lit, so I felt decently safe but I wouldn't recommend any long-term lodging in this place. I felt that our room was clean enough but was pretty run-down. There was lots of space, so at least you don't feel cramped. It was fine for a cheap, last second place to crash for a single night but you can find MUCH better in St. George.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very poor service,.rude and awkward. The room is so ugly and the sanitation is crazy bad, i wouldn't be surprised if the sheets have never been washed and my terrible bed is breaking my body slowly after one night, i would rather chew broken glass than look at the sign for this poo hole, do not stay here people,.and the one and only bar has terrible service as well, do people in St.George know how to be Nice at all, seriously its a question i need answering.

• Stayed March 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Poor service. An attitude of "who cares if you aren't happy, we'll stay booked". The room was old and dirty floors. The bathroom toilet paper holder was broken. No spring to hold it in place so had to use the back of the toilet. Blinds broken and sticky notes were used to cover the holes. Shower curtain rod was held in place with black electrical tape. Just a gross stay overall. Breakfast was too basic and no fruit. I couldn't get out fast enough.

• Stayed March 2014
St. George, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The internet special on their website was vague about the actual price so you have to book it and type in the code under comments. When you check in they will surprise you with a price? We called to get a final price with the code. The man was pleasant, gave us a price and took the reservation by phone, telling us to bring in the coupon at check in. We offered to give a credit card and go back online but was told it wasnt necessary, he had reserved the room without it. Arrived as scheduled and the hotel refused to honor the price quoted! It was significantly higher and the hotel had even downgraded the room they had reserved! Bait and switch? The owner of the hotel quoted a new price that was rediculously unaffordable so the entire family with small children was turned away and had to find lodging elsewhere at the last minute. Welcome to St. George! I will never ever go there. Complete lack of integrity. I'm embarrassed and ashamed that I ever recommended this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Orange, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We checked into this hotel and right away I could tell it was going to be bad. They have people that live there because it has a full kitchen. When we got in the room -it was DIRTY!! They had a couch that looked like it had been in an alley for years. The carpet had holes in it. We opened the fridge and it had cockroaches in it. When we opened the cupboards it had small and large cockroaches all over. It was disgusting!!! I went and complained at the front desk and they set us up in a room next door at the Sands Inn or Sandy Inn? It was a lot cleaner. Looks like it might be owned by the same people. I think the problem with the first room was that there was a kitchen, which is never a good thing when it's cheap. It attracts all sorts of people. I would NEVER stay at this hotel. Do not be fooled by other reviews that say its nice. They are obviously employees/owners writing them.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

the room was the lowest rate i could find in st. george- except for its sister property next door, the sand motel, which is even shabbier than the coronada.
the room was large- a bedroom in the back with 2 queen beds and a tv with adjoining bathroom. in front was a room with a full kitchen, kitchen table and chairs and a dirty couch. all the furniture is rather shabby. the tv remote wouldn't work.
the bedroom was quiet.
kitchen had a stove, fridge, microwave, toaster and a few utensils/pans/plates.
breakfast at 7 a.m. was fine- waffles, cold cereal, toast, coffee.
computer in the lobby can be used.
i'd stay again but only for a night and only if it was the lowest rate in town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel works well for us. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast is good and allowed for each of us to find something that we liked. Our room on our first visit was a little worn - both furniture and bed linens. This last stay's room was smaller, but more up to date. It is not luxurious, but clean and with the necessary amenities. This is one of the best we have found in this price range in St George. We will come again. (;

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Coronada Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!