“Much better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Coronada Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   559 East St. George Blvd., St. George, UT 84770   |
Ranked #40 of 41 Hotels in St. George
MANNHEIM
“Much better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

So far I never stayed at this place, but this time the price was irresistible, so I gave it a chance. And I was not only not disappointed, but pleasantly surprised. The room was a suite with separate bedroom, good, comfortable beds, a kitchen which you actually can use, because it is fully equipped, fast WiFi without problems - in short a good place to stay, even when the weather outside is bad and you have to stay inside.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Henderson,nv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Rooms are spacious, but a foul odor as soon as you walk in the place. Pictures are very deceitful, rude staff.Kitchen not stock,old paper plates, no refrigerator , no closet just a wall unit to ( hang) lay your clothes.Hair was all over the shower walls and floor. I checked out as fast as I could.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver,Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This year it was my 3rd visit to this Motel
(Huntsman world Senior Games bring me in).
I am staying there purely for the price! Room is - actually it is living room/kitchen and bedroom , very big.
Kitchen is fully equip with utensil. toaster , micro....all very old but in working conditions.
I guess renovation will cost money and it will be pass to us-guests!
Breakfast are getting worst and worst every year. This year it was really bad waffles, old bread, coffe was very...i mean very weak-had bad smell.
We finished our Games 1 day earlier and I ask - 24 hours before - if we can checked-out and have our last night cancelled (it was 5th night) and have been told that this is not possible only 72hours ahead by not too friendly young gentleman.
After 3 years I am thinking about change my place staying in St.George.....but money talks.
They are still the cheapest place to stay for 5-6 nights in October - time for World senior Games, in St.George.

Room Tip: It does not matter....probably lower floor will be better.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I just returned home today from a 3 day stay at this hotel with 3 children. We had NO problems... Okay maybe one. the pillows were too hard. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable, and smelt like soap. The Kitchenette was stocked with everything we needed. The Wi-fi worked with no problems and the cable was clear and also no problems. The pool was closed but the hotel next door was offering their pool up to Coronada guests. We needed extra towels and a blanket and was immediately handed what we needed. I honestly can't see what people are griping about. I would definitely stay here again. If you want the Ramada STAY AT THE Ramada. I DO recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 106.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

By far the WORST room I have ever stayed in! The pictures are deceitful, as is the rude staff. I am including a picture of what I assume is mold on the walls, or worse?? Once you realize you have been duped and want a refund, they will just yell at you and say "What did you expect for the price?" I expect a room not to be a complete health hazard, and is it too much to ask for a room even halfway as decent as the website shows? I guess not, or no one would EVER book with them. The "hot" breakfast includes a bag of bread so you can make a toast, or runny waffle mix that made us ill. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!! Please book elsewhere or sleep in your car.

Room Tip: Read the reviews and if you know someone who either lives in the area or has traveled there before a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Zephyrhills, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

After looking at the other reviews, I have to say that this motel was one of the worst that my girlfriend and I stayed in. While it was a bit dated (we didn't mind that), it was rundown and in need of a facelift. On the plus side, the room was HUGE -- more like an efficiency apartment complete with a small kitchenette and the property was close to Zion National Park. On the downside, the property was dirty, the clientele was suspicious (people swimming fully clothed, people sitting with their doors open smoking, etc.), and the room was fair at best. Given that I had never been to St. George, Utah before, I didn't know there would be so many other hotel choices. You probably would be better off staying at one of those places.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was bitten by bedbugs after staying a single night and on making a complaint told there were no bedbugs. Do not stay at this motel. The service was very unhelpful and the room smelled very bad. I would not recommend staying at this motel to anyone as it was simply not worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Coronada Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!