“Not sure why everyone is griping on here.” 4 of 5 stars

Coronada Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   559 East St. George Blvd., St. George, UT 84770   |
Ranked #40 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Home
“Not sure why everyone is griping on here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I just returned home today from a 3 day stay at this hotel with 3 children. We had NO problems... Okay maybe one. the pillows were too hard. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable, and smelt like soap. The Kitchenette was stocked with everything we needed. The Wi-fi worked with no problems and the cable was clear and also no problems. The pool was closed but the hotel next door was offering their pool up to Coronada guests. We needed extra towels and a blanket and was immediately handed what we needed. I honestly can't see what people are griping about. I would definitely stay here again. If you want the Ramada STAY AT THE Ramada. I DO recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 106.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

By far the WORST room I have ever stayed in! The pictures are deceitful, as is the rude staff. I am including a picture of what I assume is mold on the walls, or worse?? Once you realize you have been duped and want a refund, they will just yell at you and say "What did you expect for the price?" I expect a room not to be a complete health hazard, and is it too much to ask for a room even halfway as decent as the website shows? I guess not, or no one would EVER book with them. The "hot" breakfast includes a bag of bread so you can make a toast, or runny waffle mix that made us ill. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!! Please book elsewhere or sleep in your car.

Room Tip: Read the reviews and if you know someone who either lives in the area or has traveled there before a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Zephyrhills, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

After looking at the other reviews, I have to say that this motel was one of the worst that my girlfriend and I stayed in. While it was a bit dated (we didn't mind that), it was rundown and in need of a facelift. On the plus side, the room was HUGE -- more like an efficiency apartment complete with a small kitchenette and the property was close to Zion National Park. On the downside, the property was dirty, the clientele was suspicious (people swimming fully clothed, people sitting with their doors open smoking, etc.), and the room was fair at best. Given that I had never been to St. George, Utah before, I didn't know there would be so many other hotel choices. You probably would be better off staying at one of those places.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was bitten by bedbugs after staying a single night and on making a complaint told there were no bedbugs. Do not stay at this motel. The service was very unhelpful and the room smelled very bad. I would not recommend staying at this motel to anyone as it was simply not worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
West Jordan, Utah, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed 2 nights, and the only reason we didn't change hotels was because the whole city was full due to the Ironman Triathlon.....1960's decor, holes in the walls, foul odor.....Hotels.com gave a good review before booking and a bunch of poor reviews AFTER booking. DON"T RESERVE IT!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Payson, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed at Coronada's property next door -- Economy Lodge -- and it was absolutely horrible. We couldn't leave quick enough after staying just one, very short night. Where do I begin with what I hated? Pool wasn't open and there was couches where pool loungers should have been. It was a mess! The wi-fi was VERY sketchy and took us forever to connect. The room was very dark and drab. The A/C Heater unit didn't work. I was afraid to take off my shoes! The TV remote didn't work, even after new batteries. The door was only half painted and the room's paint was poorly done. We didn't even use the shower ... we left without even getting ready. The bed was horribly hard! At night the parkinglot light shown directly into our room. So even with the curtains closed, it was bright as day! If my husband had had his way, we would have left at 5 in the morning. But we stuck it out until 7 a.m. AWFUL AWFUL!

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ogden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

This motel was the dirtest that we have ever stayed in - the photos on the internet were not like the actual room. We stayed in a suite and it was dirty, the hot water didn't work most of the time and was dirty, the beds left much to be desired - afraid there were bed bugs and roaches waiting for us! The water dripped all the time in the bathroom and the tub was stained and gross and the bathroom was very small. The so called "free breakfast" wasn't like indicated on the internet. We definitely won't stay here again. The staff was not very accommodating. Don't waste your money.

Room Tip: Don't waste money staying here
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Coronada Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!