“Our visit was better than others have said on this site” 3 of 5 stars

Coronada Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   559 East St. George Blvd., St. George, UT 84770   |
Ranked #40 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
“Our visit was better than others have said on this site”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

We had made reservations at the adjoining and same owner Sands motel, knowing that we were staying three nights and that there was three guys, the staff recommended that we pay an extra $10 a night and get a room that had two beds in the back and a sofa couch in front with a kitchenette. This room was by no means great but we found it good for our hiking group. The place was clean and our beds and towels were done everyday without a problem. The beds were OK and the place had paper thin towels you would expect in a mom and pops place. The free internet was only useable one out of three days, it seams the band with suffers when there are more people in the hotel. Most likely would stay in another hotel unless a great value is what you want.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Springville, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I kept my receipt of this hotel for the only purpose of writing a review of my experience. This hotel was the filthiest and most disgusting place I have ever stayed at in the United States. I have traveled all over the world and have stayed in many places throught North America and Africa and this hotel ranks among the worst I have seen. We found fecal matter on the walls of the bathroom, uncovered pipes and wires, cinder block walls and the most unhelpful and dishonest front desk staff. After we checked in and saw the room, we immediately went back to the front desk and asked for a refund. We had out two-year-old daughter with us and couldn't stand the thought of even bringing her into the room. They refused to give us a refund. We brought in our own blankets from the car and laid them on the urine-smelling bed and slept for 3 hours until we got enough rest to make the rest of the trip to Las Vegas.
I cried because it was so filthy and bad.
Who would have thought something like this existed in St. George?
Do not stay. I repeat do not stay!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Sandy, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I stayed at coronada inn with my full family and was very pleased. I don't know what the other people are thinking about, but we really like the place. Kids really liked indoor pool and SPA. Very nice rooms with separated living room area and kitchen. Breakfast was free and overall the stay was worth the paid price. Close to all kind of stores. Wifi sucked at first, but then we talked to very polite and helpful front desk staff and they gave us a room that was close to the router and worked very well. While they were changing the room, they also told us that they are upgrading all the rooms one by one as new management took in place in January 2011. Our experience with this motel was very pleasant. Thank you Coronada Inn, we will stay again with you every time we come down to St George.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
bozeman mt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I stopped at the first motel I saw, totally exhausted, checked in and went to the room, It was absolutely filthy, stained sheets that were paper thin, blankets were army blanket quality, had a small living-kitchen area. I would not have let my dog in that room, horrible. The other clientele looked like they were the rent by the hour types. I immediately went back to the desk and told them it was filthy and I wanted to cancel my room. This was about 10 minutes after I checked in. They refused, saying that even if I left they would not give me a refund. I went down the street and checked into another room in another hotel. I contested this with the cc company and they got a letter back from the hotel bragging about their high quality staff and immaculate rooms.

Avoid this place unless you want to get cooties.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Provo, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

We came down for Fall Break, I had stayed here years ago and found at that time it was worth the money spent. We could not find reservations anywhere else so we decided to stay at the Coronada Inn and Suites. Worst mistake I have made. The room was dirty, in fact when I left I called the health department to have them make a visit. The beds if that is what you want to call them, this was like sleeping on a bed of bricks. I do not think they have put beds in here since the last time I stayed here some 10 years ago. Don't try and check out early, they run your credit card for the full amount of your stay and will not give you a refund. I was stuck for three TERRIBLE nights at this dump.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

I haven't read the other reviews yet.....this is only our experience.

This is the first hotel I've ever stayed at where I left feeling that the web site is intentionally misleading. I've stayed at others that I wasn't happy with but the web site didn't claim things that just weren't true.

Based on their web site only, I reserved a King two room suite. We arrived to find a room that appears to be a kitchen/dining/living room with tile floor and a small TV. The bedroom also had a small TV.

This motel is very old and while they've painted it inside and out.......they certainly didn't have an eye for detail.The pool and jacuzzi was equally old and uninviting. The web sites indicates a full breakfast of bacon and eggs, etc. however, it's nothing more than a very basic continental breakfast served by a grumpy old man in a very uncomfortable room. They don't want you to use that door, you have to go around, through the office.

I'm sure, without having looked yet, that there will be many more reviews very similar to this one.......I'll go look at them now. Next time I'll look at the reviews before I book the room.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Kaysville, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I should have read these reviews first. The place smelled. It was dirty. The springs on the mattress came through the mattress cover. The bathrooms were filthy. The kitchens were poorly furnished (we had one teaspoon). The soap bar only lasted for one shower. The sign in the lobby is a big warning "No Refunds". How did this place ever get a two star rating?

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Coronada Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!