Checked in at 12:30pm on May 17th. The young blond was very nice and I was amazed when she said the room was ready, but hadn't been inspected yet. Well, the amazing part was that without any prompting on my part, she excused herself and said she'd run down the hall and inspect it so I could check in right away. I've never had anyone do that before and I appreciated being able to freshen up before my afternoon meeting at the convention center which is literally right next door.
Anyhow, the lobby is large, bright and beautiful. Looks out onto the pool which is fairly large with lots of space around it. Relatively large workout room with good equipment.
Room was larger than average, very quiet, very little hallway door closing noise, great air conditioner, fridge, microwave, excellent iron and board. Usually hotel irons seem to be crappy, but not here.
Spacious bath, nice shower despite the water saving shower head, very nice thick towels.
My room was at the north end of the hotel and I guess the housekeeper must have started at that end, because the room was immaculately made up and cleaned by 09:45.
The breakfast was included I assume because of my Hilton gold rewards and was excellent and the people were extremely friendly and helpful. Lots of tables in the eating / lounge area. Couldn't have been better. Not sure if breakfast is always included, because it was my first stay at a Garden Inn. I'm only Gold for a year, because of the credit card.
Bed was very comfortable as were the pillows.
I can't even think of anything anyone would even complain about at this place except I wish they had beer and wine for sale in their little pantry store area. I plan to stay there again whenever I'm in St. George.
PS. I really like the Hilton online checkin feature that allows you to choose your room before you arrive. I didn't actually think I'd get the room I picked, but sure enough, I did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red sandstone bluffs and black lava rock ridges surround the Hilton Garden Inn St. George. The hotel is minutes from historic downtown St. George and convenient for day trips to Snow Canyon State Park and the Virgin River Trail System. Guest rooms offer complimentary high-speed Internet Access, a mini-refrigerator, and a microwave. The property also features an indoor pool, whirlpool, fitness room, on-site dining at the Great American Grill, and complimentary airport shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn St. George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn St. George Hotel St. George
- Hilton St. George
- St. George Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn St. George Utah