“Beware of rates and cancellation policy” 2 of 5 stars
Review of St. George Inn & Suites

You added St. George Inn & Suites to your Saves list
St. George Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1221 South Main Street, St. George, UT 84770 (Formerly Budget Inn & Suites Saint George)   |
Ranked #17 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Long Beach, Calif.
“Beware of rates and cancellation policy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have stayed here before and have liked this place as a bargain. However, now the rates have increased by 50%. Nonetheless, on this trip I was able to book at the old rate using a "Tripadvisor Special."
When I had a change in plans and called to cancel 2 days before arrival, I was told that cancellations needed to be made at least 14 days before arrival! (This was the first weekend in November and not a special holiday period.) On the written email reservation confirmation the cancellation policy was stated to be no fees if cancelled before 4 pm on date of arrival. When I read this to the clerk, he questioned its source, but then relented.
If you book here, be sure to check the cancellation policy and get a written confirmation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
zgates, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thanks for the review! I do not believe this review to be for our hotel. We always have a cancellation policy of 6pm on the day of arrival. We understand here at the St. George Inn and Suites that traveling is difficult and plans may change. We have never implemented a 14 day cancellation policy even on sold out weekends such as the first weekend of November.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Roy, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable, the bed was comfortable, appreciated the electrical outlet next to the bed for medical equipment I use, the price I paid was good. I appreciated how close it was to the freeway and eating places.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
zgates, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your response. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We truly do work hard to make sure every guest has a satisfactory visit to our hotel. When I get responses like yours I make sure and share it with my entire staff so they know their hard work pays off!

Please come see us again!
Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Room very clean,staff very helpful about getting to great golf,places to eat,directions ext.
Would stay there again.
Breakfast was more then I needed,good selection .
TVhad lots of channels,pools and hot tub,clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad your entire stay in St. George was exceptional! The staff I have is great at giving advice in order to help each guest get the best out of his/her stay.

I hope to see you back again soon! Remember that golf can be played year round here in Sunny St. George!!
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

wow im not sure what jen is talking about THIS MOTEL IS GREAT THE PEOPLE ARE GREAT
PAUL THE MGR IS FANTASTIC and the staff is wonderful Mellissa ,Peter,Jeff,Fionda ,Brian,Jamie all were great people I TALKED TO THEM ALL WE GOT TO BE FRIENDS FER 5 DAYS ,in fact on a Saturday it was so busy fionda who works the breakfast was making waffles fer everyone
THANKS ST GEORGE INN way to go PAUL the QB HAHA

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the wonderful review. It sure makes my work a lot easier when I get to work with some of the best people in St. George.

We truly enjoyed having you stay with us, and we can't wait for you to come back and visit us again! Go Steelers!

Thanks again Joe, It was a pleasure having you as a guest at our home away from home!
Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. When we first arrived the door was really hard to open and seemed to have been kicked in before. We didn't have a shower curtain so when they brought us one I explained the issue with the door and the staff couldn't even open it to get out. Eventually he did and said he would send maintenance to fix it. They never came. All of the furniture looked like it was from 1980 with gold ceiling fans and tube t.v.'s. They extra large tub had a dead cockroach in it when the water was turned on. The furniture had visibly dirty spots on the arms. I didn't dare walk around the room with out some type of foot wear. The last morning we found another dead cockroach and called the front desk. HIs response was the he would notify housekeeping. When I went to pay the bill they only discounted the room 10% and acted like that made it better. I had to spend over a hundred dollars to get supplies to make sure I wasn't taking any cockroaches home with me. It was bad enough that I will never stay in St. George again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I first want to apologize that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your concerns is genuinely appreciated.

I welcome you to contact me directly to discuss further. I will let the majority of great reviews herein speak for themselves as we have received many compliments for our great service and clean and comfortable accommodations.
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I am always in search for a hotel with local charm and I found it here. While the exterior is that of a newly remodeled motel of the 50's vintage, when you enter the room you immediately get the feeling that you are in a beautifully appointed hotel. The "motel room" that you might have expected has been transformed into an elegantly furnished room that with all new furnishings, still gives you a feeling of a room that has an attention to detail that you won't get in any chain hotels. There have been many places in my travels where only the usual fare was available.
Happily, St. George Inn and Suites gave me a very pleasant alternative to the "Box With A Balcony"
Now you know my new secret.
Gary K

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great Value if you are on a budget. Friendly and helpful staff. My kids love the play area and pool. Couldn't be happier. Our kids really enjoyed the swimming pool and the playground area. We come to St. George three times a year and have decided to stay here from now on.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to St. George Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!