“Good value but I wonder why we were put on second floor of deserted section of motel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of St. George Inn & Suites

You added St. George Inn & Suites to your Saves list
St. George Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1221 South Main Street, St. George, UT 84770 (Formerly Budget Inn & Suites Saint George)   |
Ranked #17 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have stayed here about a half dozen times in the last few years. The value is great. The room is decent, what one would expect for the price. We always enjoy the indoor pool. The breakfast was good. There was a variety of choices.

I always stay in the family suites near the indoor pool.

We always get placed on the second floor even when we ask for the first floor. This year we were again out in the same room on the 2nd floor. No one was on the entire first floor for the first night we were there.l I begin to wonder if it is because of our Spanish surname. Many reviewers say that the staff is friendly. but I have never experienced that friendliness. There was an older blonde woman working behind the desk this year. She would not even say hello to me when I said "good morning" while we were leaving the breakfast area.

The price is great. I will return there. If you are a person of color I would warn you that you may not find any friendly people at this place. You might be segregated to the second floor.

Oh, yeah, a big cockroach like bug tried to share our room but we evicted him. There can be some big outdoors bugs in St; George. My mother-in-law lives there. They always try to get inside her home. This was the first time I had this happen at this property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
zgates, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you feel unwelcome here at times due to your Spanish Surname. Our goal is to make every guest feel welcome and if we fall short of that goal we will have failed all of our guests who stay with us.
My staff is taught to be friendly as guests walk in and out of the lobby, and at all interactions with guests at our property. If you ever feel that you are being disrespected during your next visit with us, please feel free to call me and discuss your issues, so that we can correct them on the spot.

Thanks
435-673-6661

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic trip to SG w some extended family members, and the accommodations were adequate. We got a really great deal on our room, so we feel like we cannot complain. Guests just need to be aware that roaches abound in the summertime. We had not had this problem at other SG hotels, but w the doors that open to the outside instead of inside halls, those buggers get in SO quickly with normal traffic, even when you constantly shut the door. The staff was quick to come treat them, but my little guy was really freaked out and had a hard time sleeping the rest of the wknd, worried abt the roaches he saw repeatedly in the bathroom and on the floors.
Just be aware of the problem. We would've brought traps, as they seemed to work well for friends.
The outside pool was super fun for the kids, and the breakfast was delicious. The temperature of the rooms was great: strong AC for summer heat.
It's not a fancy place. We are used to Hampton Inns and lower Marriotts. Our children called this the "hotel motel." It was NOT a bad experience. Just don't expect anything more than average. For the price, it was a great value, and I'd love to try it during no-roach season!

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your review. This year has been an unusual year for roaches. We have never experienced the amount that we have this year. However, we never want any of our guests to have to share their rooms with these unwanted creatures.
We have sprayed several times a month to help with the problem and we have noticed fewer and fewer roaches each time we spray.
I want to apologize to your little guy since he didn't have the best experience at our hotel. Next time you come to St. George and stay at our place, please give me a call and I will make it up to him.
Thanks,
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We got a groupon for this hotel and eventhough it wasnt as close to the parks as we could have booked - it was a great place to stay.

Very nice rooms - great set up.
2 beds are in a "z" configuration for increased privacy. Great for parents who want to go to sleep while kids stay up. They had a ceiling fan by the second bed to circulate the air.

Our Microwave fuse blew while I was making popcorn and they came right over and replaced it.

Very nice facilities.
Great indoor pool (we didnt try outdoor but it looked nice). Breakfast buffet was hot and had a nice variety.

We enjoyed this hotel as one of the best on our trip this year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Budapest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

On our road trip, we have chosen this motel as our base of operations for two nights while we visited Pioneer park, Horseshoe bend and the Antelope Canyon.

It is situated near the freeway, literally a minute from it, so the location is top notch. Also, the rooms were clean, the bed was cozy and the motel was really quiet. It was perfect for its purpose: to get some rest after our activities.

I must say, that their breakfast was the best on our road trip, during which we have stayed in ten motels/hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

STAYED 3 nights 5/20=5/22 the motel was very clean u can eat off there pavement
PAUL SASHA AND PETER who I met were very helpful the people who worked breakfast were very helpful ,great place to stay,the people who work there are very very friendly,had some rent a car issues and they lent a ear

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
mancos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights on spring break. This is about an hour from Zion National Park where we spent one whole day(could have spent much longer). We chose this motel because they had rooms large enough to accommodate our family of six. Our room had 2 queen beds and a queen sofa bed. It was larger than your normal hotel room. There was a small microwave and refrigerator. Our room appeared to be fairly recently remodeled and was clean. There is an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. Both are pretty small but nice. There is also a hot tub at both pools. We really enjoyed the hot tub after hiking around Zion all day. There is an indoor and outdoor playground. This is a great place for families. There were a lot of kids so if you don't like that this probably wouldn't be your best choice. The breakfast was OK. There were the usual cereal, breads, bagels and make your own waffles. The eggs were kind of like a pancake and didn't exactly seem "real". Sausage was OK. There was also some fruit and yogurt. The breakfast area is pretty small so depending on what time you're there it can be pretty crowded. There is a Denny's right next door and a McDonalds right across the street. The motel has easy access off of interstate 15 and it is easy to get to other areas of St. George for restaurants or shopping.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Located right off the highway. Stayed only 1 night. Our bottom floor room had 2 queen beds, refrigerator, microwave, a non-flat screen television. Bathroom had a hairdryer, and plenty of towels. This "Inn & Suites" is more like a motel, at least IMO, since the rooms are accessed from the outside and is only 2 floors. Our room was just a typical motel room....so don't know if they really do have suites, you will have to ask them. They opened up the breakfast area at 4am for Ironman competitors, which was great. They had bagels, make your own waffles, biscuit & gravy, oranges, bananas, cold cereal, oatmeal, milk, coffee, and juices. I suppose it could get crowded at breakfast since the seating area is not that big, but we were there early. All staff was friendly. Beds were comfortable, and although we were next to the office, and ice machine, etc., it was quiet. Did not use either of the indoor or outdoor pools, so cannot comment. I did ask if they could email me the receipt and was told "yes" at the counter, she typed in my email address, but I never received it.....I even checked my spam folder, but I did not pursue it further.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I hope that your overall visit to St. George was excellent and that you did well in the Ironman competition!
Just to answer some of your questions:
We do have larger suites at our hotel. We have a mixture of Standard rooms and Suites scattered throughout the property. We have family suites that can accommodate 6-8 people. We have Executive King suites that come equipped with a king bed and a sofa sleeper, two TV's and are more spacious than our standard King rooms. We have bridal suites, and two room king suites available as well.
I wanted to apologize that you never received your receipt and I would love to send it to you if you still need it. Please call me so that I can make sure we had the right email and I will make sure that you get it!

Thanks again for the review, and we hope to see you next year for the Ironman competition!
435-673-6661

Been to St. George Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!