“breakfast was like a herd of cows” 2 of 5 stars
Review of St. George Inn & Suites

You added St. George Inn & Suites to your Saves list
St. George Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1221 South Main Street, St. George, UT 84770 (Formerly Budget Inn & Suites Saint George)   |
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in St. George
redondo beach, ca
“breakfast was like a herd of cows”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

rooms were like any budget motel
pool was packed with kids splashing all day, no relaxing there
breakfast was so packed, could not sit or stand anywhere without being knocked or stepped on
check in and out was easy
there was grass available for my pets, so that was good

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
zgates, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your review! We heard your concerns and we have expanded our breakfast area to make it more accommodating especially during our peak season! It has almost been doubled in size and we added more serving areas to better serve our guests.
I do apologize that the pools were so crowded during your stay. Our pools are really popular especially during the spring and summer months when the weather is perfect for a dip in the pool.
Thanks,
Zach Gates

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked b/c the reviews were so good but I was not impressed personally. I'm used to nicer hotels though so if you're more accustomed to motels, this may be perfect. For kids, it is nice - 2 playgrounds and 2 pools (both indoor and outdoor). The rooms are nothing fancy and are NOT suites - there is no separate room if you are seeking separation or privacy. The "family suite" is not a suite either - just 2 beds and a pull out. Way too expensive for what this is but for young kids and a motel, it's good (better prices at other properties and many properties in St. George).

Room Tip: 2nd floor is quieter. THis is a loud property b/c a lot of families.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This excellent hotel is easily accessible to travelers arriving via the nearby airport, or by car from Utah interstate 15. Lots of good restaurants within easy walking distance. Our room came with a complimentary breakfast that was better than most.

Rooms were clean and well maintained. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Only real complaint was that the feather pillows were not really big enough to be away from their moms!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bountiful, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I am not a fan of staying at motels but because we were staying with my daughters team we didn't have a choice. I will say that for a motel it was not as bad as I thought it would be. The breakfast in the morning is ok and the breakfast area is very small. The rooms looked like they had been redone and they were clean. I did not have a problem getting WiFi. We stayed on the bottom floor so it was noisy. Overall for a motel it wasn't bad for the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I'm not quite sure why this motel is rated so high. Are all the other places to stay in the area flea-infested? The room was literally suffocating. It honestly felt like fresh air had only come in once. I do have to say that we enjoyed the pools. It was nice that both were heated. The wifi was super spotty. I think what really upset me the most was the "breakfast." The cream cheese they had sitting out, was completely warm. The yogurt was in a big open bowl. The "fruit" was anything but fresh. It literally looked like canned fruit thrown into a bowl. Even the milk was in a container that felt warm to the touch. Germs and risks everywhere. The waffles were the only edible things in there. I'm positive that we will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
zgates, General Manager at St. George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I just wanted to write you and thank you for your honesty. We are always looking for ways to improve what we offer to our guests.
I apologize that the room felt so suffocating to you. We do have several room options and others are more open and more spacious than others.
Our breakfast is meant to be one of the most satisfying parts of every guests visit, and I apologize that our high standards in all aspects were not met throughout your stay. The way we deliver and serve breakfast to our guests will be revisited in hopes that we can give our guests a more satisfying stay.
Thanks for the review.
Zach Gates
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed in one of their suites which was very nice and clean and appeared to be recently updated.
The view from the room was not great since it faced what looked like a storage facility as I was facing the back side of the Motel (if someone wanting to stay there is concerned with that) but it did not bother me at all, and was quiet.
I dont know what the regular rooms looked like, but the motel appeared to be well run and kept up.
The Free hot breakfast was good for a standard breakfast, with make your own Waffles, scrambled eggs ( which were real eggs). Sasages, Muffins, bagels and various juices.

Pros:
Exellent service by the Front desk, they were very helpful.
Clean rooms and well maintained property
2 pools, one indoors and 1 outdoor
Play area for Children
Free hot breakfast
Area was pretty quiet
Close walking distance to a good inexpensive restaurant, the Black Bear Diner, and, there is a good Burger King right next door. Also Close driving distance to Kneaders which is a nice bakery with good Sandwiches and desserts and breads.
Small fridge and microwave
Inexpensive rates
•24 Hr In-Lobby Coffee, Tea and Hot Chocolate
Near the Freeway, but not so close you have any noise.
Very Comfortable beds for a Motel

No Cons that I can see unless you are expecting more than a standard Motel would offer.

I will be staying there again.

Room Tip: rooms at the North end of the Hotel are likely to be a little quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Eagle Mountain, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed there 3 nights in Feb 2013. We did have some problems. When I checked in they gave us a room without a fridge or microwave that I had wanted and showed in my reservation printout. I had booked on Travelocity and brought the printout of the reservation with me. I had to go back to the front office and then show the guy the printout as he did not believe me that I should get those things for the price. He said that when you book online there is often this sort of problem...which made no sense to me. I asked why they participated in the online booking if that was not working and he had no answer. He did give us another room that was at the furthest end of the buildings. The room was fine. We could not get Wi-fi for the entire three days. I called and they sent some tech guy to check and he said they were having problems which he never could resolve for us. We did enjoy the breakfasts which included making your own waffles, cereals, fresh fruit and juices, coffee, The also had eggs or omlettes with ham or sausage and these changed each day. Pretty good food for free. We also enjoyed the indoor pool and Jacuzzi as the weather was very cold. The TV was old and the reception very poor. For $49.99 per night it was overall a very good place to stay and we would go back. We hope they correct some of the problems we encountered,

Room Tip: Request a first floor room. Some on the 2nd floor can be a long way from where you park. Make sure...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to St. George Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!