“Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 194 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: We would like to welcome you to our restaurant, where we offer you a wide variety of dishes with the wonderful flavor of a Authentic Mexican kitchen. Made in the moment you order,we use the best quality ingredients that you,our esteemed customer, deserve.You can enjoy our exquisite Enchiladas, Carne Asada, or a variety of Taquitos. Oh! And don't forget our delicious Mexican Style Tortas. Come and enjoy our delicious food,all at reasonable price. We look forward to serving you. Now second location is open on 95 W 700 S St George Ut. Pete and Ely Garcia.
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

Let's try this again! This will be my 3rd time trying to get this review in so it will be a little less detailed!

After reading tripadvisor we choose several new restaurants to try as well as the regulars we seem to frequent.

When we drove up to the Shell Station my teenage daughter thought I was kidding...There are some tables outside but rest assured....there are clean new ones inside.

The good was plentiful and good. Cheese quesadillas were $3.99 and were 4 large white cheese triangles. We also tried the pork burrito for $5.99. Very full with lots of beans, rice and pork. The pork had a good flavor that was similar to a Hawaiian roasted pig. We also tried a asada platter at $7.50 that had a nice flavor. The chicken enchilada platter good but I think I would have enjoyed just cheese better. There were 3 corn tortillas, rice and beans. The refried beans were very tasty! The chips and salsa were good. My husband felt like the pork dishes would be what he would go back for!

The owners were so sweet! They did not know about tripadvisor and were so grateful for all their customers to take the time to write....very hardworking and modest.

I would give it a try!

Las Vegas
“I would drive from Las Vegas just for the food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

Run, don't walk, to this gem. Fresh hot food made to order. Huge portions with tiny prices. The folks running this place care about the customers and the food they serve. I know it's in a gas station. I know you need a GPS to find it. But eat there...now! That way, years from now you can say "I knew about this place when it was just a hole-in-the-wall". The enchiladas were outstanding. The Carne Asada as huge and very tasty. The locals are lucky to have this place. Track this place down and get your eat on! And as a plus, you can fill your tank after you fill your belly!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Soooo Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

As other reviews have noted, don't be turned off by the fact that this little gem is inside a shell gas station. They have a few small tables that can seat about 12 total and the owners/cooks are very friendly and helpful. The portions are HUGE!!! We ordered a burrito and a quesadilla and were fighting to get halfway through each. Highly recommend stopping by this place if you are ever in/on your way through/anywhere near St. George.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salt Lake City
“Incredible Food Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

We thought this place was gone forever and found this on google. Thank the good mexican food gods that we found Irmita's again. The food is fresh, seasoned to perfection and holy cow, is there a lot of it. Don't turn around and go away when you see it is in a convenience store. Good food is good food and Irmita's does it with rare and generous expertise. This is without a doubt some of the best food we have ever had. Generous portions of quality meat and traditional ingredients and some of the best truly hot salsa I've ever had. (I like it hot). I will not pass through St. George without stopping here. DO NOT miss this fabulous little hole in the wall. This place was worth hunting for.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Irmitas is one of the best places for...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

Irmitas is one of the best places for Mexican food it is almost to authentic to the real thing this is the place if your craving Mexican food you will not be disappointed!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere