“"A trip to St. George deserves a trip to the "Pony".” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 203 restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street & St. George Blvd.
Vancouver, Canada
“"A trip to St. George deserves a trip to the "Pony".”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We love a good meal and the Painted Pony did not disappoint. The service was impeccable and the food was excellent. We enjoyed the crab cakes and Ahi tuna entree. Chef Randall Richards has a "gem" of a restaurant in St. George.

Visited August 2013

86% Recommend
St. George, Utah
“Good Atmosphere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

So I had heard good things about Painted Pony from a few people, so me, the wife, my brother in law "who is a sous chef for charlie palmer/vincent pouessel at the areole ini las vegas" and his wife decided to give it a try a couple weeks ago. First off the atmosphere and ambience is awesome! Loved the whole vibe of the place for sure. The service was pretty decent and I will say that they have the best wine list in St.George, quite possibly the only wine list, ha..but anyways.

The food was very much a disappointment. We started with the crab cakes, obviously this is not fresh crab but canned, when asked if the crab was fresh was told "Im not sure." In server terms that means no but I don't want to tell you that. The beet salad was okay. Actually I will say the vinaigrette was good on it, my brother in law said the goat cheese was obviously just a creamed sub-par/supermarket goat cheese. I would have to say I agree.

The entrees we had were the rib-eye with truffle ruffles, the pork chop, the lamb, and the hanger steak. Of all those the best was the hanger steak, although the reduction was pretty sweet. My brother in law had the lamb and it was so over cooked in some parts, under on others. He kinda of laughed at the hacking job of butchering the rack. The steak was cooked well but the truffle ruffles are obviously made with truffle oil...what?? Fine dining=truffle oil? Its perfume right? The pork was good but the cornbread pudding thing sucked, just serve the pork chop alone if you are going to serve daysss old cornbread pudding with it.

We skipped dessert, mainly because we were very disappointed in the food. If the food is that disappointing I know the dessert isn't going to be a pot de creme or anything.

Anyways, good atmosphere. Probably great place to just go get drinks.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Charming, romantic, & delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We go to the Painted Pony every time we are in St. George - this is truly not to be missed. Lots of fun dishes to experiment with and the onion soup is out of this world. Everything is delicious and is meant to be tasted and savored. Highly recommend this as a date restaurant or for any foodie!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
White Rock, Canada
“An exceptional meal with outstanding service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a must when visiting St. George. The interior is tastefully designed, the staff very attentive, the menu outstanding and the wine cellar well established. Kelli who served us was truly amazing. Certainly, the best service my wife and I have enjoyed in many years. Our meals were truly wonderful. My wife's crab cakes were a "work of art"; the arrangement was almost too beautiful to touch. I highly recommend the beet salad and the lamb; both were a solid "10"! Oh, Kelli gets an "11"!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Danville, California
“Great restaurant in St George Historic area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great food, atmosphere, wine list, service! I had a wonderful meal while traveling for business in St George. I had the special -scallops & prawns over palenta and diced vegetables. The wedge salad was delicious. The Painted Pony Pinot Noir was fabulous!

Visited August 2013