“Elegance in St George” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Painted Pony is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 211 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street & St. George Blvd.
St. George, Utah
“Elegance in St George”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The Painted Pony is such a delightful surprise. Since moving here last year, we find this one of our favorite restaurant. Not just In St George, but anywhere. The food never fails. Appetizers are unique. The bacon wrapped almond stuffed dates (with stilton cheese and port drizzle), well, simply marvelous. Have had five of the main entrees and was pleased with each. The hangar steak is tender, the truffle ruffles are divine. For pork lovers the chop is one of my hubby's favorites. Large portions. My hubby and I share a appetizer and main entree and fills us up. Wine list selection offers something for all. Try the fresh Lavender Martini when in season. The service is professional and friendly. There is a lovely kiva fireplace in one eating area, seating in another area offers views, and the outdoor seating has great views and manages to feel cozy. If you prefer, you can sit at the bar and eat. Prices are reasonable for upscale food, service, and, ambiance. My only criticism, the drinks (not wine) are a bit pricey. If going on the weekend, recommend making reservations if you don't want to wait.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Wonderful food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We were walk-ins @ 4:00, upon discovering this restaurant. What a find! The service was impeccable and the food was delicious. Be sure to try the stuffed balsamic dates wrapped in bacon and the beet salad appetizers!

Hausen am Albis, Switzerland
“Outstanding food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were very lucky to get in as we turned up as a walk in on a Saturday night and therefore were walked fhrough the cool of the inside to an outside covered seating area. However the temperature was perfect and similarly so followed the sevice and food. There is a super selecton of flavoured cream sodas and soft drinks and extensive wine list. The local (Zion) brewery produces a fab IPA too which is offered draft along with a lighter beer. As we were not all hungry we were advised to think about sharing both appetisers and mains as a family meal whcih worked very well. We had the bacon wrapped almond stuffed dates with stilton and beet with cream cheese and walnut salad which was seved as a cake. My youngest had the crab cakes which was a generous portion and my other son the seared tuna which was nothing short of exceptional. My wife and i shared the rib eye and a side of broccolini - there was no problem switching the beans for asparagus either. It was cooked to perfection and tasted wonderful. Service was very good with plenty of water/soft drink refills and additional bread with the olive oil and balsamic. There was no chance of being able to fit in any desert but we left all the plates clean! The cheque came to 150$ without tips. We would happily return and have no hesitation in recommending this place especially for that memorable treat.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Long Beach, CA
“Don't miss this if you are in St. George”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I were surprised to find such an upscale restaurant in St. George. The food was very good, the service professional and the ambiance was good. Indoor and outdoor seating available.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Provo, Utah
“Very, Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

A couple of years ago I ate at the Painted Pony and it was pretty good. Not great, but OK. Then, my wife and I had dinner there tonight and it was really great. Everything was delicious. The service was very good. Perhaps there is a new owner or chef... I don’t know. But we really enjoyed it. The coconut shrimp with mango chili sauce and asian cabbage slaw was great. I also had the carrot soup with jalapeño which is their signature soup. Enjoyed the items shown in the two photos I uploaded too—splitting the desert with my wife. You’ll enjoy it.