“Yum!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 209 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: Sandwiches
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: This cozy sandwich shops sits in the center of St. George and creates lunch sensations for your pleasure! Unlike the big chains....you are the reason we are here....and you will know this through the food, service and atmosphere.
St. George, Utah
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Best sandwich in St. George by far. It is so great to see creative food in St. George - it's not your regular boring sandwiches. Everything has a little twist of flavors that make it really really good. The potato salad is not the same old deli crap they sell in the grocery store. I haven't tried any of the soups but I am sure I will. The service is excellent and have I mentioned that they make really good sandwiches?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Saratoga Springs, Utah
“Best Sandwich Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was really happy to be able to go and visit The Lunch Box again on a recent trip to St. George. I had the Crisp Garden Veggie Sandwich (or something kind of like that), and my kids split the fancy grilled cheese. Tony was really nice to cut the sandwich three ways, add ham and give each of the kids a little cup of the pasta salad. It's that personal touch that keeps me coming back to The Lunch Box, or maybe it is the really giant delicious sandwiches (big enough to share for sure!) at decent prices. Probably a combination of the two. Even my dad who is kind of hard to please raved about his french dip sandwich. Can't wait to go back!

SLC
“Out of this world!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My Mamma never sent me to school with anything like this in my lunch box.
This place is awesome.
BBQ chicken Sandwich and a ham stacker and the omelet stacker. Insanely good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. George, Utah
“Great sandwiches for a decent price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Whenever I go, I always seem to go at the wrong time. I look at their menu and they are generally sold out of what I want. I don't blame them for being sold out, because I generally go right before they are closed and their food is so delicious, I'm not surprised they sell out of it. After I'm told that they are sold out of what I want, the owner apologizes and recommends something else, slightly modified. His recommendations are fantastic. This man is a sandwich wizard. If he recommends something, you better try it, because it will be better than anything you were going to choose.

Also, generally when he's sold out of what I want he'll throw in a free drink. Great customer service. Each sandwich comes with a side and pickle spears. Normally I'm not a fan of pickle spears, but The Lunch Box has made a convert out of me. With the side, you get to choose between potato salad, macaroni salad, and coleslaw. I've only tried the first two, so I won't comment on the third. While the potato and macaroni salad are kind of generic, they are still tasty and compliment the sandwich nicely.

The location itself is kind of short on parking, but maybe once they start getting busier they'll be able to get a location worthy of their fantastic food.

Moving on to price. If you're getting a sandwich here, expect to pay between more that $6. While these sandwiches seem a little pricey, remember that you're also getting pickle spears and a side, plus the sandwiches are super thick and tasty. If you're looking for a sandwich and want to break away from the chain subshops, as Brigham Young would have no doubtedly said, "This is the place."

• Visited February 2013
“Best sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We tried the turkey sandwich, the Italian, a Cobb salad and two kids sandwiches. Everything was great! The salad was huge! The turkey sandwich had dried cranberries on it and it was fabulous I would highly recommend it. All veggies were super fresh and the owner was so kind. I could eat here everyday.

• Visited March 2013