“Solid motel for a reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The INN at St.George

You added The INN at St.George to your Saves list
The INN at St.George
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 West Saint George Blvd., St. George, UT 84770 (Formerly Best Value Inn St. George)   |
Ranked #29 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Solid motel for a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I just needed a place to stay for a night in St. George and found this motel to be great for that purpose. Nothing fancy but I found the room to be clean, quiet, spacious, and in good condition, with a comfortable bed and pillows. There is a nice view of the mountain from the room windows. I did have a minor issue with my a/c but the motel staff was super responsive and got things resolved right away. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you plan to spend a lot of time in the room during the day when it's super hot outside try to...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
INNatSG, Manager at The INN at St.George, responded to this review, November 7, 2014
Dear Jason M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We at The INN at St. George are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to have the privilege of hosting you again when your travels bring you back to St. George.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The name of the property was the only thing that was as expected and that yes, in fact, it was "In" St George. I have to admit that I had just come from another trip where I stayed in a "studio" room that was half the size of the room at the INN and I felt much more comfortable for half the price.
As I was walking in to the building where we were staying, a cockroach nearly ran over my foot. "It's one cockroach..." I said to myself, none the less creeped out by the sight. I believe I had an expectation based on the pictures online. The rooms are NOT reflective of the warm and homey scene they depict online.
After getting past the cockroach, the hallway had an interesting smell but I kept telling myself it was okay. I opened the door and realized it was not going to be okay. There were indeed two queen beds, they were impeccably made and looked clean but that's where it ends. The furniture was old and not as in quaint old but as in garage sale old. There was a random sink in the room which was, I suppose, part of the "kitchenette", but the hot and cold taps were reversed. There were no amenity baskets on the counter as are shown in the pictures, just an ice bucket and wrapped PLASTIC cups. Keep in mind, we booked a double queen kitchenette SUITE so there was a bit of an expectation and I believe it was reasonable based on the online photos. The bathroom/shower portion of the room did not smell clean. I was constantly watching for cockroaches and at one point looked under this random weird shelf in the toilet part of the bathroom and there was an old roll of toilet paper. The reasonable assumption is that if that toilet roll is there and no one has seen it after cleaning the room, how well is the bathroom really cleaned? There were sliding doors to an outdoor walkway that was available to anyone wanting to cross from the street, other rooms, etc, which made me extremely uncomfortable.
The final straw was that the fan did not cool the room at all. It was old style and I understand but for the price, I just don't get it.
It isn't one certain thing that I can put my finger on but I won't stay here again and we canceled reservations we had made for the future prior to staying there this time.

Room Tip: I wish I had something to offer here. The rooms in the building adjacent to the office may be diffe...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed here on a road trip after booking a cheap last-minute room on Hotel Tonight. We ended up arriving after 11pm, but the staff was very accommodating with a late check-in. The room was small but adequate, and it even had a mini-fridge. The linens and bathroom were clean, although I killed one cockroach during the stay (and also found a dead moth by the air conditioning unit). In the morning, the breakfast was pretty good with waffles, yogurt, and coffee.

Overall, it was totally worth the $73 spent on Hotel Tonight, and I would stay there again. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sandy, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We booked this room from AARP website with tripadvisor ratings. The rooms looked much nicer in the photos than in person. The beds were very uncomfortable. Our reserved room was a King Suite. The air conditioner was not working. When we called the front desk, it turned out they were aware that unit had been having problems and moved us to a Queen Suite. No offer to rebate the difference in rate. We woke to cockroaches in the morning. No hairdryers in the room, you will need to check it out from the front desk. The pool was fairly clean, some dirt on the bottom, but the water was pretty cold. Overall, for the price I would have rather stayed at the Hampton for an extra $40. Not impressed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Syracuse, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

The room was clean and pool was good. But literally the hardest beds I have EVER slept on. We stayed 2 nights and the second night we ended up going and buying pool floaties to sleep on.. The floor would be more comfortable!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Booked accommodation from the UK after looking at reviews on TripAdvisor. Rooms were well decorated, clean, comfortable and very spacious. The lobby area was clean and staff helpful. Breakfast was included and appeared to be served in the lobby, but we couldn't see any tables to sit at so presumed breakfast would need to be taken in our room - which was not a problem as the rooms we had had tables, settees/chairs and kitchenettes..! However, we discovered a fantastic Belgium Waffle restaurant just across the road so decided to breakfast there instead. The hotel had a pool and was well kept. The only downside was that there was no tea/coffee making facilities in the room. I would recommend staying there and would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have patio doors to an outside walkway, which is good if you are a smoker.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Vail, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Hotel claimed it was under new ownership and remodeled, ya right. to start the beds felt like you were sleeping on the underside of a box spring. The shower had mold no bath tub. Contienetal breakfast was toast ceral and waffles that stick to the burner. Cramped in the lobby and the dining area had only few tables. The only ice machine was located out in front of the pool and the over flow tray was rusty and not maintend. The sheets were never changed. Fresh towels but dont think the bathroom was ever cleaned. I called the front desk and it went to voice mail as if you were calling to the main switch board, nobody returned call. We were very disapointed. Then in shower it ran hot and cold alternating. I am giving it a full dot only because the ac worked when it did. I will not stay there again and I will be sure to let my friends know drive by dont stop.Very dated no ugrades or remodeling done.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
INNatSG, Manager at The INN at St.George, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Pattay-29,

Thank you for staying with us and posting a review! We are sorry to hear that your stay was unpleasant. We failed to provide the great service that we strive for. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us make adjustments and fine tune our operations for the future.

Your Host at The INN at St. George

Been to The INN at St.George? Share your experiences!