“We were lucky” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Zeist, The Netherlands
“We were lucky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Some howe they misplaced our reservation (made in april). During the checkin we also asked for an upgrade. For 44$ for 1 night (5$ extra) we now stayed in a four room suite. Full option kitchen where we could cook our meal. Large fridge was available. Reception was friendly and helpfull.
The entire complex had something special. A good vibe maybe.
Unfortunately no pool, which with 101 degrees could be refreshing.
Also the cleaning was not very good. Cabinets were greasy as well as fungussy bathroom.
But value for money was great!

Stayed August 2014
Management65, Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay at the Dixie Palm Motel. I will make a note to have our housekeeping deep-clean in the kitchen and bathroom areas of the room you stayed in. Thank you for letting us know that was an issue. We are glad that you enjoyed staying with us.
Sincerely, management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The room was clean and cool! The ac worked great. We were stuck in town for a breakdown and had a reference for this place. In great walking distance to shops and the center of town. Found a bunch of stuff to do and they even had movie times available.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Dixie Palm Motel. We would love to see you again if you ever return to the St. George area. Thank you for leaving a review!
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I'm on a road-trip, and St. George was a stop along the way, just to sleep for one night and continue onto the next destination. So, I wasn't interested in investing in lodging. Sad to say, it feels like a risk when something is reasonably priced; but, wow, was I pleasantly surprised. Clean, fridge to store my perishables, coffee for the AM, and COMFORTABLE -- bed, AC, quiet...I couldn't have asked for a better deal. I do a lot of road-tripping and Southwest camping, and I would stay here again for a stopover. The "hamiltonbergen" and "christopherWinnipeg" reviews were what made me book my stay, and I concur.

Room Tip: My room was 209, so it was off the street and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a review of your experience at the Dixie Palm Motel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you next time you are traveling through the St. George area. Sincerely, Management
Chattanooga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Older family run motel in downtown St. George. Clean and well kept. Very quiet with helpful staff. Electronic appliances and fridge were quite modern. No breakfast offered but this is not an issues since there are numerous restaurants, shops and all other services located in the immediate downtown area .Rating based on a 2 night stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Management65, Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for reviewing the Dixie Palm Motel! We appreciate any and all feedback. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to see you again if you ever return to the St. George area! Sincerely, Management
Laurel, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

The bathroom was not clean. There was hair and an empty wrapper on the floor. The bedroom was ok and the bed was comfortable. The price was right and I would have been satisified if it was clean. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Management65, Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
I'm sorry about the negative experience you had at our Motel. We are brand new at this job and so it is very helpful, especially at this point, for us to receive feedback on areas we can improve. We will do our best in the future to ensure that the bathroom floors have been thoroughly cleaned and that others do not have the same negative experience.
winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

If you want a clean room and a comfortable bed to lay your head on ,this the place.Nothing fancy, but for $35 a night I am not expecting the Four Seasons. I didn't think there was anything in this price range anymore so
I was somewhat aprehensive about what to expect , but was very pleasantly surprised.

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Motel. We are always happy when our guests are satisfied with their experience here. We hope to see you again if ever the opportunity arises.
Murrieta, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

My teenage daughters and I stayed one night at Dixie Palm Motel earlier this week on the way home from our Utah National Park tour. First, I want to say the managers were very responsive with a concern I had about the bathroom window - fixed right away. You can't beat the price, but we were a little alarmed when we went to turn the beds down later that evening and I noticed several strands of hair in my bed and there wasn't even a mattress pad on my daughters' bed. Previous reviews mentioned rooms were very clean. I wouldn't go that far. The carpet didn't look recently vacuumed and bathroom floor was a bit dirty (all other parts of the bathroom clean.) bedspreads stained. I would stay there again if I brought my own sheet and pillow.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Dixie Palms Motel? Share your experiences!