“Quite and convenient” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 St. George

You added Motel 6 St. George to your Saves list
Motel 6 St. George
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   205 N. 1000 E St., I-15 at Exit 8, St. George, UT 84770   |
Ranked #30 of 42 Hotels in St. George
ledger,mt
“Quite and convenient”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Not my usual place but after a long and tiring day I tried Motel 6. It is located close to I-15, gas and places to get a quick bite to eat. Also if looking for a car wash, like I was, there is one there.The check in quick and courteous. The room was clean and quiet. For under $50 this is an ok place to stay. I guess its a typical Motel 6.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Rocky M, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 St. George, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Motel 6 - St.George, UT

Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as recognition and encouragement; as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience.

Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.

Motel 6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
California, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was a bit hesitant to book with motel 6, but most other local hotels had no availability. The pictures online made it seem ok, so I booked a room. sadly I was disappointed. Beds are hard, room is old. Very poor quality rooms. On the up side, the check in was fast, and the clerk was nice. Also, the rooms/ location are quiet.

Stayed March 2014
Rocky M, General Manager at Motel 6 St. George, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

I apologies for the inconvenience and we recently remolded rooms and i will share this experience to my staff to give better service for your next visit with us.

Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.

Motel 6
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Extremely bad and crappy place to stay. Was there with my family for just one night. The rooms are too small, barely any space to move when there are 3-4 people. The price might be a little less but that does not mean you make it bad. No tissue paper in the room, hardly any toilet paper left on the roll and the floor was dirty. The bathroom is okay but old and needs upgrade. Made the mistake of staying here when you can pay $10-15 more stay at better places. Ya and they give you a 15% odd card for Denny's right by; like that is any consolation!!
Would not stay here!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 St. George, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Darby, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We made better time then expected on our drive. Instead of Cedar City, UT made it to St George, Never again. They charged us $89, the room was dingy and the air conditioning did NOT work. Now St George is in the desert. We are rethinking doing Motel 6 as we travel 2 months per year, and are now in Tuscon, The internet is awful, and the toilet in our tiny room, is not regular size, really small. Bot places had old tv's. St George had told us to say "good-bye" Motel 6.

Room Tip: Any place but Motel 6 from now on. They are cutting to many corners and then suddenly will double yo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 St. George, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear iawoke004
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the internet issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Hamilton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Typical Motel 6, but with the high price. This location had been renovated as Motel 6 seems to be doing everywhere. But apart from wood floors and a new shower cabinet, it is the same Motel 6. No luxuries, thin towels, no tissues, generally cheap appearance etc. etc. and in particular no breakfast and rotten WiFi. But their prices keep rising. I paid $70 and $23 at Denny's for breakfast, which meant I could have stayed at a better, cleaner place that provided breakfast.

I think Motel 6 are going to price themselves right out of the market.

Now the internet. I have stayed at several Motel 6 in the past month and all had terrible WiFi. This location included. I was trying to book my hotel for the next night and there was no way with this connection. It's ironical that I have to leave my hotel and go to McDonalds to use the internet to book another hotel room.

My suggestion in St. George is to check around for other hotel/motels that serve breakfast before staying at this Motel 6. And if you like to use the internet, definitely stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the WiFi works!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BuckBud,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the Wifi issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Thousand Oaks, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

First off the manager Rocky and his staff are the worst in the business. Not only did he rent the room we had to some one else but allowed them to have a key to our room. Around Midnight my wife heard a noise at the door and saw a hand trying to unlock the door. Well she screamed and I was up and at it, slamming the door and calling the front desk. Well Rocky was too buzzy checking new people in, he had no time for me and our problem, he would not even show us he was concerned about the break in. Well I called the police and they came out to see what was going on, he was told by them to give us a refund and help with a booking at another motel, ready for this, he didn't even want to do that till the police said get real, Well my wife was so frighten by the break in that we drove no- stop to our home in Thousand Oaks Ca.
The main office for Motel 6 did nothing about our problem, they said that that location is owned by Rocky and his family and could not do anything for us .. Take it from my wife and I
DON'T STAY THERE EVER, Close them down with not staying there, and not doing business with Motel 6 , we travel a lot and we will spent our money some where else. Rocky should not be working in any business that deals with people and service.. Help him find another trade don't spend a night at his motel...
Mr.& Mrs. Davis

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fred D,
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We settled on this hotel because of price and availability for our date. It was missing some of the things you would call basics in a hotel: a telephone (there was no way to get a hold of the front desk other than to walk), tissues, and extra pillows. Also, our door was broken and we had to kick the bottom half shut in order to get it to latch.... The pool was not open at 9:00 am as stated. The hardwood floors were nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rocky M, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 St. George, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Motel 6 - St.George, UT .

We strive to deliver an excellent guest experience and I am happy to hear we did just that during your recent stay.
We Apologies for the inconvenience you had and we will try to make it happen

We look forward to your next stay with us at Motel 6.

Rocky M

Been to Motel 6 St. George? Share your experiences!