“It's a basic room and okay for the price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 St. George

You added Motel 6 St. George to your Saves list
Motel 6 St. George
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   205 N. 1000 E St., I-15 at Exit 8, St. George, UT 84770   |
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in St. George
GreenLeadersBronze level
Zurich, Switzerland
“It's a basic room and okay for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We spent two nights here instead of camping in Zion National Park due to a rain storm. The motel was less than one hour drive from the park, but offered a good internet rate compared to rates just outside the park. We needed a to extend for a second night due to the continuing storm and for this night we had to pay an additional $20 due to the Senior Olympics being in town.

The two level buildings were standard Motel 6 accommodations with a bed, desk, tv, free wi-fi and bathroom with a noisy fan. No hair dryers are in the rooms and none for loan at the reception. In the lobby area there are soda and ice machines. Also, they offered a light breakfast of coffee, tea and packaged bagels, doughnuts and bread & jelly. They also had two washers, two dryers for $1.25 each.

There is a Denny's next door and McDonald's, KFC, and other fast food places within several blocks. On the opposite side of the freeway overpass are other larger restaurants and lots of shopping stores.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tustin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I arrived late in the evening after a long drive. We had our puppy with us and were only staying for one evening. The man at the front desk greeted me with a smile and was very cheerful. I needed to provide my license plate number and I could not remember it, so the man said he would help me. He went outside, wrote down the number and went back into the office to complete the registration. How nice. He went the extra mile to make our late arrival as effortless as possible. When we entered our room we were delighted to see the cleanliness and fresh smell. We had never stayed at a "pet friendly" hotel before and expected the worse. We were very happy with our comfortable bed and our new puppy slept well also. I would stay here again when we need a nice clean room for the evening.

Room Tip: We were in the center of the building on the first floor and it was very quite.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

nice clean room not to small and the people at the front desk were nice.I really do not know what the other reviewers were looking for.I would stay there any time I went to st. george.They had great wi-fi for free. I only wish the TV was a little bigger

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Definitely not in a safe area! Rooms were tiny, beds hard as rocks. One night did not warrant the price we paid. Motel 6 you need to turn the light off on this place. Rooms are dirty, stinky. Carpet needs to be cleaned..............gross! Would have left early morning but listening to hoodlums out there opted to wait for sunrise, where is security?

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

If Ii could rate this with less than 1 dot, I would. Can you imagine paying 100 dollars for a motel 6 room that is barely large enough to have two beds? Each touched a wall and then 18 inches separated the beds in between. Then the bathroom

During our stay, there was some sort of Senior Sports Tournament. Motel 6 engaged in some shameless price gouging. This Motel 6's posted room rate was 86 dollars but they charged us 96.
The rooms we stayed in were the motel expansion in the back and these were a cheap addition. The showers (mounted in the corner of the room were odd where you have to step under the shower head to exit - wierd but true. The beds were the worst and the pillows were the cheapest filler material imaginable.

Motel 6 Inc, asked me for a review - told them they stunk and all I got was an apology form letter. So, this is the motel of last resort. This might have ended my liking Motel 6 in general.They certainly provided no value.

You may ask why I decided to stay there- again the torunament severely limited my choices to either this or high budget. If continuing to drive was an option, I would have kept on going. I didnt have the luxury of planning the trip so I rolled the dice and got snake eyes. I hope you do better than this jink property.

Room Tip: Stay away - drive on - and if you have to stay here- stay in the section closest to the front desk...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Orem, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Have stayed there before when it was fairly new and was impressed, but the place is showing its age. The room was nice and clean, and the bathroom especially. The TV is very old and not very good. The mattresses were okay, except that they squeaked badly when sitting on them or turning over, etc. The front desk folks were pleasant and accommodating. However, I left my personal pillow in the room when we left and I called the desk to ask to have the pillow set aside and kept for my return in a few days. Upon my return, no one had any idea what I was talking about. The price was amazing--about $45 per night.

Room Tip: Ask to see if there are any rooms with modern TV and non-squeaking mattresses.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Montgomery City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Please some one listen to a long time Motel 6 customer. I have stayed in Motel 6's all over the U.S. for the past 40 years and with few exceptions the carpets are the most depressing filthy rags ever laid on a floor. The owners and operators of most of the 6's try hard to please long time customers. They spend hours cleaning walls, sheets, bath facilities and do a pretty good job. On our recent trip to the western states we stayed in Motel 6's 12 different nights at 10 different locations. All but one had filthy carpets. Come on guys there is no excuse for this!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 St. George? Share your experiences!