“The room was more than adequate for our needs. We arrived...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Idaho
“The room was more than adequate for our needs. We arrived...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room was more than adequate for our needs. We arrived late, so the kids didn't get to use the pool, even though our room opened to it. Tried to use that as a short cut to breakfast, only to find the gates padlocked from the outside, maybe better if they had a key card access, but that is up to them. I did not like the people that were in the hot tub when we arrived. After watching them (and hearing them for a couple hours) after the area was closed, I can only assume that they worked for the hotel in some manner. Those two and the internet made my homework difficult and the internet did not work at all for me. I had to use my phone to get service and submit my assignments. Hope they would work on the routers a bit to ensure it is actually working. Was quite disconcerting when one of the men in the hot tub flipped a cigarette out of the hot tub area, into the parking lot without looking, only to almost hit my little girl pulling her suitcase to the room. Another (assumed employee) on the stairs told the man in the hot tub and they both kind of chuckled. The one on the stairs seemed to try not to, but couldn't help it. I am sure the multiple cases and empty cans of bud light would definitely attribute to that. The breakfast was ok. The food on the warmer required the use a microwave (just above it) to ensure it was warm and not cold. The room and eating area were mostly clean and the staff were VERY friendly and helpful. I appreciated that. If I needed another room on short notice, I would be calling them. I would rate higher, if we did not have to deal with the drunk smokers playing in the hot tub when we showed up. Quite un-nerving and was upsetting that my 13 year old picked up right away that they were drunk and my I had to explain to my other kids what that meant and why they should not interact with them in their stupor. I did not report the issues as with small hotels, I have noticed a quick defensive nature for employees and did not want to cause issues that would affect my family.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
West Jordan, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is our favorite place to stay. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. My family like the breakfast here at Howard Johnsons

Littlefield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

a little noisy from upstairs, and the bath was very old and in need of replacement not dirty just worn out.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our room was neat and clean. The staff was very accommodating and helpful. Great bed compared to others on this trip.

Nuevo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2015

Ok hotel. Nothing fancy, but comfortable and for the most part clean. Staff very friendly. Decent price and comfortable to just rest for the night.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Express Saint George? Share your experiences!