The room was more than adequate for our needs. We arrived late, so the kids didn't get to use the pool, even though our room opened to it. Tried to use that as a short cut to breakfast, only to find the gates padlocked from the outside, maybe better if they had a key card access, but that is up to them. I did not like the people that were in the hot tub when we arrived. After watching them (and hearing them for a couple hours) after the area was closed, I can only assume that they worked for the hotel in some manner. Those two and the internet made my homework difficult and the internet did not work at all for me. I had to use my phone to get service and submit my assignments. Hope they would work on the routers a bit to ensure it is actually working. Was quite disconcerting when one of the men in the hot tub flipped a cigarette out of the hot tub area, into the parking lot without looking, only to almost hit my little girl pulling her suitcase to the room. Another (assumed employee) on the stairs told the man in the hot tub and they both kind of chuckled. The one on the stairs seemed to try not to, but couldn't help it. I am sure the multiple cases and empty cans of bud light would definitely attribute to that. The breakfast was ok. The food on the warmer required the use a microwave (just above it) to ensure it was warm and not cold. The room and eating area were mostly clean and the staff were VERY friendly and helpful. I appreciated that. If I needed another room on short notice, I would be calling them. I would rate higher, if we did not have to deal with the drunk smokers playing in the hot tub when we showed up. Quite un-nerving and was upsetting that my 13 year old picked up right away that they were drunk and my I had to explain to my other kids what that meant and why they should not interact with them in their stupor. I did not report the issues as with small hotels, I have noticed a quick defensive nature for employees and did not want to cause issues that would affect my family.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Wyndham, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Express Saint George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Express Saint George Hotel St. George
- Howard Johnson St. George
- St. George Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Express Saint George St. George, Utah