“Isolated” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crescent Moon Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. George
Crescent Moon Inn
800 N. Kayenta Pkwy, St. George, UT 84738   |
Ranked #5 of 10 St. George B&B and Inns
Manchester, Connecticut
“Isolated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The property is new, neat, clean and comfortable. It is about 20 minutes from St George. Book the upstairs unit and you will have a 360 degree view of night sky. There is a restaurant nearby and you can bring your own snacks and food if you prefer as there is a fridge and stove in the unit. Nice property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

A client of mine recommended this place and it sounded beautiful, but after reading a few not so good reviews I was a little hesitant... BUT I AM SO GLAD WE WENT!

My boyfriend and I are a younger couple from Vegas needing a few days out of the city and we really appreciated the interrior design of our room (the nest upstairs), the peace and quiet of Kayenta, and the beautiful 360 views!

We brought a bottle of wine to the rooftop area (my favorite spot!!) to watch the amazing sunset and shooting stars, but were bummed to realize we hadn't brought a wine opener :( We were so happy to find a fully stocked kitchen and also, YES, a wine opener!

The pool area was beautiful and relaxing and down the road there wa an artsy little cafe, Xetava, that served an amazing breakfast and lattes. Next time we go back we will definitely explore the art district a little more.

Crescent Moon Inn, and Kayenta in general, was a little hidden gem that I am so glad we found. The manager Tyler was very pleasent to deal with & I'm so excited to go back!

My recommendation is when you book a room, make sure it's upstairs :) I don't think it would have been so magical if we had been stuck on the ground.

• Stayed July 2013
Morgantown, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Booked from a B&B website. Nice exterior; carefully chosen photos of interior. When I spoke to the manager prior to arrival, he advised that we could only book a downstairs unit because the upstairs is not handicap accessible. And don't go looking for food, there is no breakfast service, but we could use the kitchen to cook our own or go to a restaurant. I asked why it was listed as a B&B; he responded that they were a very small property, so they qualified that way. The lawyer in me says most states have fraud laws against that.
We drove from a conference in Vegas to visit relatives in St. George. I told Kyle I wasn't sure when we would arrive, but was sure it would be after dinner. We were unaware of the time change between Nevada and Utah. We got there at 5:50. There is no check-in office nor mgr in residence. I called the number I had and got a very rude reply that check-in was from 3-5 (me still thinking it was 10 minutes to 5..). He acted terribly put out, told us to drive to the real estate office in the nearby village and he would send someone with a key. He sent a fellow guest who was a friend with office keys.
Upon re-arrival at our unit, we could not get in the front door because there were 2 queen beds in the room which took up enough space to prevent the door opening wide enough to get the suitcase in (forget the wheelchair!). So we used the side door which had many wheelchair impediments of its own, including large loose gravel.
Our initial impression was that it was spacious and nicely decorated, but almost nothing was as it appeared. The room was only cursorily cleaned from the previous occupants. The were filthy glasses on the counter, there was not a single matching piece of tableware - unless one counts the paper napkins and coffee cups. The Free Wi-Fi access button was hidden on the wall next to one of the beds and was in one of 3 things that looked like circuit boxes - No labels or instructions. My husband carefully pushed the bed frame aside so he could fit his skinniness in to access the box doors. The bed frame collapsed. We were duly mortified until we discovered that it had broken plenty of times. The frame was made of a cheap composite material which had been Elmer glued back on several times. We ended up sleeping in separate beds that night because Jeff was concerned that one frame would not hold 2 people, even though we're not overweight. My sheets were nice enough, but Jeff's were shredded. (We were promised luxury linens).
There was no bathtub. Jeff used the shower, but it consisted of two room walls and 2 glass panels which did not come within 1-1/2" of the room walls - so the multi-cracked stone floor flooded. Naturally I slipped on the still wet floor. The rock was hard. My canes were defenseless!
We had no balcony, only a very plain patio which had a spectacular view of a retaining wall for the drainage pond a few feet away; the side view was a concrete retaining wall, and the front view was a pre-fab metal storage garage, pick-up trucks and gravel. Were one to venture to the other side of the building (say, while speeding to get away from the place (?)) there are, indeed, the spectacular red rocks.
When we went back to the real estate office to check out, we asked to speak with the manager. Almost in unison, the office staff spoke up from all corners to point out that "that place" was NOTHING to do with them - it belonged to one of the owner's kids(?). They phoned him and he came over about ten minutes later, clearly annoyed to be bothered during his busy schedule. He asked what our problem was, let me enumerate while he kept his eyes averted, and said "what do you want ME to do about it?" I've heard the same petulant tone from my kids when they were in grade school. He agreed to take $100 off the bill, but in retrospect, a sincere apology would have been nice, too.
I understand the rave reviews from some of the other writers. It would be a fabulous place to stay for a month or two of complete solitude to write a great American novel, or paint landscapes of the local dixie, but $250/month would be a more reasonable price, and no imaginary fable of breakfasts, cleaning or luxury ANYTHING. Nor romance. Not much going on when you're in separate beds.

Room Tip: Avoid at any price the lower level, bring your own everything, and insist upon a guided introduction...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TylerMorales, Manager at Crescent Moon Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We are sincerely sorry that you were not pleased with your stay. We encourage all of our guests to call us during there stay with any problems or concerns and since we were not notified of any of your problems with the room until you were checking out the next day there was little in the way of what we could do except try to compensate you in the way in which you requested (a $100 refund).
When you made your reservation, I informed you that our upper rooms are not wheelchair accessible because you have to use stairs to access them. I also notified you that we did not have tubs in the lower units. Your response was that you still wanted to come stay with us and that you would just not take a shower since you were only going to be staying one night.
The WIFI internet is accessible by a password on your computer and there was no “button” on a wall necessary to be pushed, if you were to have called and asked about this issue we would have gladly notified you of this password. The password is also posted on the wall by the light switch of the kitchen of your room that says, “WIFI PASSWORD.”
We do not have staff on site working 24 hours a day. Our check-in time is from 3pm to 5pm mountain time. Guests are notified in their confirmation letter that if they would like to check-in earlier or later to give us a call and arrange for this.
Long story short, as a new and growing business we are not going to be perfect even though we try our best to be so and it is easy to find flaws in anything if you are looking for them (even the 4 seasons has their share of imperfections).
We hope that people come and stay at our inn who are looking for something different and enjoy being away from the city lights and the hustle and bustle of daily life. We have repeat customers and lots of first timers that love our inn and thank us for the hospitality, service, and enjoyment they had while staying with us.
The Crescent Moon Inn, like anything else, is not for everyone, but we try our best to give visitors an amazing stay and we love to see new faces staying with us so that they too can enjoy the beautiful scenery and surroundings that we get to enjoy everyday.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed for 2 nights on a biking trip. The room was well appointed, clean, and well laid out. The view was amazing. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the studio aka "the nest" and will be back. Only downside was the weather was hot and the pool not yet open. The quality of food, wine and service in the xcetera restaurant close by, within the community and walking distance more than made up for the not yet open pool however.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Service was exceptional from booking to check-out. Thank you, Tyler for helping to make our stay comfortable. We look forward to returning next month during the Parade of Homes. The units are well-equipped with Ikea-type furnishings - chic and charming with modern kitchen. The inn appears to be brand new and extremely well-maintained. Parking is outside without shade for summer but not a problem for other seasons. Quiet property, relaxing, and short walk to Xetava Gardens restaurant. Our new favorite place to stay in St. George since we love Kayenta and this inn. We enjoyed riding cruiser bikes in the neighborhood and running/walking the streets. A car is needed to go anywhere (e.g., Snow Canyon, into town, etc...) but why leave when you are already in paradise?

Room Tip: There is not a bad room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Unique place and great for a romantic get away becaue it was very quiet and private. It is actually an apartment and not a luxury hotel, but you will want to spend all your time on the balconies. There are two and one looks onto the red rock canyon, the other looks out to snow covered mountains. The furnishings are pretty basic, but we did not mind since the views were so spectacular.

It is right down the road from Xetava Gardens Cafe, but no nearby grocery stores so if you want to stock up on some things stop in St. George.

Room Tip: Be sure and get an upstairs unit so you can go up on the roof!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had made a reservation for an apartment on the upper floor based on the information on the website.
Bedroom, living room, large kitchen and... two balconies!
One you could walk onto from the bedroom, the other you could walk onto from the living room.

I was in shock when I entered my apartment (#1504 'The Nest') which seemed like a much smaller version than the ones advertised.
Where was the luxury? The extra space? The second balcony??
It was there I discovered later, but could only be entered after walking out of the front door.

My first reaction was deep disappointment.
I had come here expecting luxury, I got a small apartment which was not that impressive.

I had made a reservation for four nights and I must admit: the place grew on me.
The kitchen was great. Big refrigerator.
The WiFi was great too.
And I got used to walking out of my front door to sit on the second balcony very fast.

I loved watching the rabbits and the quail and the roadrunner (saw that one just once).
I will definitely return and hopefully if I stay for a week - like I have in mind - this time I will get one of the other upper floor apartments.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the upper floor apartments that is not 'The Nest'
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Crescent Moon Inn? Share your experiences!