“Sushi in St George!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Sandnes, Norway
“Sushi in St George!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

What a surprise to find this place! We had not expected that in this place. The server gave good recommendations and the food was just perfect! We will be back ;-)

Visited June 2013

Saint George, Utah, United States
“You're gonna love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

If I had a complaint, it's that I haven't come here sooner! If you enjoy quality sushi, look no further. This is world-class cuisine, right here in St. George. Do yourself a favor and prepare to enjoy a great meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Sushi and kimonos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

It's hard to believe there'd be a tasty sushi restaurant in the middle of mountainous desert country like St. George. Sakura proves it does exist.

My husband and I took my uncle and his wife here for dinner one night. It's one of their favorite places to eat in the area so we found common ground that we all enjoy sushi. The entrance is looks authentic; the hostesses were dressed in amazing silk kimonos. The decor is dark oak with traditional Japanese art. There is a side Japanese grill for those who like hibachi items. The sushi was terrific! Their special rolls and sashimi are very flavorful, fresh, and in large portions. We shared 4 rolls to start and ordered 2 more a little later. We also sipped sake and Sapporo. Service was very attentive. Also, we were at Sakura around 6:30PM on a Tuesday and they weren't very busy.

We are sure to dine here again when we're visiting family.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St George, Utah
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The wife and I enjoyed lunch one afternoon. She goes back regularly. I like to try new places when I am out and about, so it's not that I don't like it, just like new foods.

We had the teriyaki beef and a few other dishes and the flavors were pretty darned good.

I noticed on the way out that they had the tables and set up for a cook to do everything in front of you.

I'll go back for that on a special occasion thing.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St. George, Utah
“Best Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Talking sushi in the in Saint George sound unlikely since it is not next to any ocean .
I was very surprised ,the placed owned by Chinese people and they serve better sushi than what I had in California .
It all tasted fresh,great quality and large portion of fish .
Highly recommend it.