“Wonderful shady park” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Parks, Outdoors
8 attraction reviews
“Wonderful shady park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

It's hard to find a park with fully mature shade trees in St. George. When the summer sun scorches the earth it's wonderful to let the kids play at this park. Great little playground for toddlers and a separate playground for older ones. There's lots of grass to run and play in. Picnic tables, a gazebo, bathrooms and did I mention the shade?

Visited March 2012

10 attraction reviews
“Nice Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

This is a great park. Even if your just traveling through you can stop here and take a rest. Let the kids play on the playground equipment and you relax in the shade

Visited March 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Great Park!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We were only in town for one night but needed somewhere for our 1 year old to run around and this park was perfect! It is huge, and has separate play areas for toddlers and older kids. There is a lage picnic area near the playgrounds and also a large gazebo on the other end of the park.

Visited January 2012
4 attraction reviews
“Park has gone downhill in recent years”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I saw the last review was almost 10 years old so I thought I would update it with a current opinion. I agree with the previous reviewer that years ago this was the place to be. My husband is a lifelong resident of the area and his family photos are full of meetings at this park. Now as the city has gotten bigger, this park has gone downhill. Sadly the homelessness and drugs have become more of an issue in the city and this park has been affected. The police does a good job at keeping things safe. the last time I went to this park after leaving the rec center to sign up for basketball(the kids wanted to go on the playground), I felt like I had to be right next to my kids at all times because there were a few people drinking and using foul langauge on the other side of the park. There are now so many new parks in family areas with nicer playground, picnic areas and a few have splashpads. I would go to one of those, the are in washington, santa clara, little valley, and desert hills.

Visited November 2011
A TripAdvisor Member
“So Peaceful and Welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2003

The park was so peaceful and so serene and sincere. Our band played the Gazebo Concert on Labor day and it was very very nice. The crowd was polite and very mild mannered. We only had one feller that was a little "loopy" come up and try to sing with the band. The evening went just fine and the beautiful surroundings just added to the joy of playing in your Park.

Last year around the same time we had a mission reunion for us older guys (24 year,) and the park served as a very pleasant gathering place.

Thanks, Ralph Perez ( Guitar player for "The Callisters")