“Amazing Food and Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 211 Restaurants in St. George
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Country Club Dr.
Description: The Riverwalk Grill and Steak House at the SunRiver Golf Course features a number of Signature Dishes created by Chef Shea Larson, as well as a variety of traditional favorites. No matter your preferences, your palate, or your price range, the Riverwalk Grill and Steak House where memories are created. Take Exit 2, the SunRiver exit, and follow the signs to the Riverwalk Grill and Steak House, located at the Sun River Golf Club.
St. George, Utah
“Amazing Food and Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I ate dinner at the RiverWalk Grill on Valentines Day. It was everything we could have hoped for and more! I thought it was a wonderful idea to have a special menu for a special night and we both thought that the choices were great and worth EVERY penny. The dinning room was very busy but of course we expected that for a date-night holiday. The serving staff was exceptional for how busy it was. We were greeted promptly by a lovely young lady and sat right away. We had waters within 2 minutes and we were greeted by our waitress Jeanie right after that. She explained the menu and our options and gave a personal recommendation for the sea bass. We went with her recommendation and we could not have been happier. The sea bass was clearly a high quality piece of fish and Chef Imi prepared it perfectly. The presentation was amazing (we even took pictures of our plates when they arrived) Every course was perfect and our server was very friendly and on top of everything. Thank you to Chef Imi and your staff for making our valentines day dinner extremely special. WE WILL BE BACK!

• Visited February 2013

columbus ohio
“Deplorable-long review here....but read it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

If there was a rating below terrible, I would have chosen that.
I am usually very kind in my reviews, however...our experience, on Valentines Day, has to go down in my book of one of the worse I've ever had. And sadly, we chose this because of the ratings from other TA's.
I believe there was a combination of many things that when put all together, it spelled disaster. I would have gladly changed places with anyone on the Carnival Triumph last night.
When choosing, I first visited TA and then went to their website. Checked the menu, looked decent, we made reservations through opentable.
The day before, we received a phone call confirming our reservation and also wanting to let us know about their 'special' menu for that night. We were in the middle of our dinner, but the young lady stated that it was online, so we thanked her and said we would check it out. We searched high and low on their website, checked all the links and it was not to be found. Figured, oh well......probably just an abbreviated menu with the Chef's signature dishes....
Upon arrival, we were shown the ...abbreviated menu and we should have left then. We were seated and it started going south from there.
The choice menus, we'll call them, "A" and "B" consisted of an appetizer, "A"-smoked salmon or a chicken selection in a pastry puff...or "B" same chicken or shrimp cocktail.
Then listed under, "Lemon sorbet"
The entrees "A", I believe was a chicken item or "heart shaped raviolis filled with lobster"
The "B" choice was sea bass or a steak..porterhouse maybe? Didn't really pay attention since I don't usually eat beef.
"A" was priced at $45..."B" was $65.
Oh, and then they threw in dessert-a cheesecake or red velvet cake.
I was a bit shocked, but figured this must be worth it because according to all the reviews.....
The wine list handed to me straight out of their Xerox printer in the back was nothing short of a joke. The source of their wine cellar is obviously Wal-Marts.
Oh wait, this is Utah...can't buy wine in Wal-Marts here...must have gone to Mesquite.
Anyhow, I settled for a glass of Sterling's Cab, and let me mention here that waiting for our waitress to come to our table took about 15 minutes. She had walked by and apologized, and we told her, sure, no problem....eventually she came back, got water...ordered...and waited. Eventually she came back and plopped a basket on our table containing two bread-sticks, that also had the appearance of being straight from Wal-Marts. Two cold Pillsbury bread-sticks. We were blessed with little vats of olive oil/red wine vinaigrette on the table to dip them in.
With all the time we had waiting, I had plenty of time to start looking around and observing.
We both ordered the ravioli's, and when I saw a table next to ours being served...this, I caught our waitresses attention, and I asked if the raviolis were colored red with food dye....as they were shockingly RED....she left to asked the Chef, and came back with a no, they are red pepper ravioli's....
Well, no where on the menu did it say the pasta was red pepper....I wouldn't have chosen that. But, looking back...I'm not sure I would have chosen any of the other items.
It took at least 1/2 hour for the food to arrive.
Our plates of red #40 dyed raviolis were room temp at best. A cold tasteless gold sauce on top, which a few offerings of shaved Parmesan.
And hardly a taste of red pepper...one 1/2 grilled pepper placed on the plate, but the ravioli was certainly not, and I am 100% sure, full of food coloring.
I did not send them back as I was afraid we would never see them again and quite frankly, at this point, I just wanted to get it over with.
I don't think she returned to check on us.
We ate about half and asked for a box and our dessert.
Cheesecake and Red Velvet cake from Costco apparently.
Once again, ate about half, and asked for a box.
And a side note here about that.
When we received our dessert, the check came along with it. My spouse checked it, put his CC in the holder where it sat....and sat...
I finally got the attention of a woman who had been wandering about the entire time, trying to be helpful however, it seemed she was clueless about what to do to help. I don't want to assume anything here, but from watching the Chef when he came out periodically, I'm gonna guess she was...family. Wife perhaps. At any rate, she looked at our check, said she would get our waitress, to which I responded that I hoped she could take care of it for us, as our waitress was swamped. She did go get someone to bring another box, but she handed the check off to someone else.
At this point I had to strike up a conversation with a couple at the table next to us, simply because of the look of disgust on their faces.
I had glanced at what they were served, and thought it was the $45.00 chicken item. I asked the lady if this was their first time here. She said no, but it was surely their last. I had noticed they called the waitress to their table, (and I think they called the other woman over also...) and then I saw they took the lady's plate away, uneaten.
It was the sea bass. It looked like catfish fillets rolled in flour and fried. Thin, curled up on the edges little pieces of....fish...all for $65.00.
We then discussed the...bread sticks...She had complained about them, and was told that they "ran out of bread" earlier in the day.
SERIOUSLY??????
I assured them that they were not wrong in calling someone else to their table to complain, and
as I was leaving our table, I took a glance at another table that I had been watching.
Watching because I thought it was curious that this other couple who arrived about 1/2 hour after we did, was being lavished with service and their food presentation was quite different than anyone else in the restaurant.
They also had the good sense in bringing their own bottle of wine.
They had sea bass. Plump and moist, lightly breaded, lovely golden brown, sea bass. I turned to the table and suggested to the lady I had been speaking with, to come with me...and take a look...we did so indiscreetly, and she was appalled to see what she didn't get.
I noticed that everything on this couples table had been presently quite nicely.
I believe this is a clear case of Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde being in the house.
The Chef did walk by and greet us when we arrived-didn't introduce himself, but the white jacket was a give away... For them? All hugs and kisses. Not jealous, no, just saying these were special repeat customers.
Not right at all. What was good enough for them should have been good enough for everyone spending that kind of money.
So many things wrong with this whole place.
My instincts tell me that he probably is very good on a normal night. I can't believe everyone posted good reviews has it wrong.
But what is wrong, was wrong here, they simply bit off more than they could chew.
The good old "Peter Principle"
They went beyond the level of their competence.
My suggestion to the Chef should he read this review, if you ever try this again, limited the number of tables, reservations....maybe only ten tables? and space the reservations 1.5 hours apart? Your staff couldn't handle it. You had oodles of young kids rushing about trying to do something...but totally lost. Looked like a subway platform at rush hour...
Cross train them. If they can't perform a task, get them out of the way. More is not always better.
I felt especially bad for many younger couples all dressed up thinking that they were going someplace really special to celebrate. Some of them looked like this was probably their big night of the year. Sad.
Never going back, never.............

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sedona, Arizona
“Wonderful find in St George”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had been to St George a few years ago and this time for a week, by far the Riverwalk Grill has been the greatest find for an excellent meal. We were there for lunch and the menu and the presentation was great. We will definitely be back again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Puyallup, Washington
“Absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were celebrating a birthday so asked around and many suggested Riverwalk. Made our reservation online (very easy) and I even emailed the Chef Imi to ask questions. He responded within an hour and was very courteous and professional. And he was on vacation too. Now, that's a great guy. He made sure we had a perfect table with a great view.
The hostess this evening was warm and inviting. We felt so welcomed. Seated promptly, server came right over and we were off for one wonderful experience. No draft beers but they did have Anchor Steam in the bottle. Good beer, even at half the alcohol content (Utah laws). We ordered the Salmon and boneless short ribs. They both came with very tasty vegetables and mashed potatoes. The whole meal was excellent. The servings were big too. We decided to share a dessert and had the chocolate ribbon. It was so tasty. Found out when our bill came that Chef Imi treated us to dessert. That was so nice of him.
The whole evening was wonderful. The service, people and the food are EXCELLENT!! We will be back and recommend to everyone.
They have a nice patio for outside dining when temp's are a little warmer.
One thing to note, the menu on their website is different than the one you get when you are in the restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
“Excellent all-round experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We have followed chef Imi from his first establishment in Leeds/Silver Reef to a hotel restaurant on Bluff St. and now to Riverwalk Grill... which is the best yet. We eat there several times a year and have office parties, birthdays and other special evenings out there. The clubhouse building decor is great and the views of the golf course and distant hills is even better. Sharing our East European heritage with Imi who IIRC had one of the best restaurants in Belgrade before moving to the US, we love the sort of food he prepares. The L:amb Osso Bucco is the best, the mean falling off the bone, also his Hungarian Goulash, Lobster, fresh fish dishes... and frankly I can't think of a dish of his we haven't liked. Not only that, but if he likes you you can phone in any desired dishes that are not on his menu and he can usually make them spoecially for you. My favorite is mushroom vol au vent. Great chef, great restaurant.

• Visited December 2012