“What happened to reliable cracker barrel service” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Phone Number is (435) 688-1200
Key West, Florida
“What happened to reliable cracker barrel service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2010

Cracker Barrel guaranteed. So we thought. Service , not here.
Biscuits under cooked , doughy. Waitress sweet but clueless. Chicken n dumping watery. Hamburger buns hard, stale and crumbling .

Disappointment with a smile

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“So good I plan trips around Cracker Barrels"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Ok, the first time I ever visited a Cracker Barrel was in Tennesee about 12 years ago. I loved it so much that in the years since, anytime I travel to a state that has a Cracker Barrel in it, I just have to book my hotel as Close to a CB as possible. I have turned on many friends to this place, and they all feel as I do. The food is down right good. The Breakfasts are THE BEST Ive ever had, and the Dinner and Lunch Menu's are JUST as good! The desserts are equally amazing. Now because I have such a hard time picking just one (breakfast, lunch/dinner, dessert), I usually plan my trips so that I can eat there more than a couple times. Most recently a friend and I did a Southwest Cracker Barrel Road trip from California (where we have none) and managed to stop by and eat at 9 different Cracker Barrels. I have never had a bad food quality experience, server experiece, or any other possible negative experience. The ONLY thing I do have to say is, do not order a salad as a main course (you will be dissapointed), the corn bread is dry and not sweet, and if you arrive later in the evening but have your eye on a dessert, ask the server at the beggining of your meal to save one for you because I can not count the times that Ive been told I JUST missed the last one. They sell out of desserts and their special of the days pretty quickly. Love you Cracker Barrel! Im planning a visit to see you again soon! (in St. George)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
La Crescenta, California
“Best pancakes anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

Overall the food is pretty good, but ot spectacular. Our first visit there 5 year old ordered pancakes for dinner. They were amazing. What brings us back is the pancakes, which we all order for dinner now, and the real maple syrup. The atmosphere is nice and rustic. Our first time there we sat near a large fireplace on a cold, rainy evening. It's more of a family place, so good if you have kids, not a real quiet place for an intimate dinner. Cracker Barrel is a chain, so you will find it in other parts of the country as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Tasty Food, Great Prices, Love the Gift Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

We ate two breakfasts and one dinner at Cracker Barrel, going to and coming back from Yellowstone. Consistently good food items and a reasonable price. We always had superior service abd will definitely stop by a Crackewr Barrel again,

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas
“Great Food, Reasonable Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I know the Cracker Barrel is a chain, but it never disappoints. The food is good, the prices reasonable. Plus, they have a gift shop you need to go through to access the restaurant that has a lot of interesting items that you can't find anywhere else. They make great gifts for others or yourselves.