“"Home style " cooking...” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Phone Number is (435) 688-1200
Santa Barbara, California
“"Home style " cooking...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Well...you know what you are going to get ! Home-style ( sort of ) cooking....all the staples of a country breakfast or dinner.Chicken-fried steak, real ham, cornbread, biscuits, gravy and bunches of different veggies ( cooked to death, but hey- at least they are real) Reliable and consistent....plus you can shop for "Americana" items while you are taking a break from the road. Always a fun stop for a stretch from the car !

Visited January 2014

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Burnt pancakes!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I travel a lot and have been to a lot of cracker barrels all over the country. This one is NOT up to par with Cracker Barrel standards! I ordered the pancakes because they are one of my favorites but when they came out they were cold and burnt! It was awful. When the manager came by to ask how the meal was I let him know it was not good, and he replyed with "they are always dark". Will not be back to this location!

Visited October 2013
Santa Clarita, California
“Food was Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very reasonable, food was okay, nothing exceptional, Close to the hotel we were staying at but would probably eat somewhere else next time.

Visited December 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Brisbane, Australia
“Top food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Bryce Canyon. What an unexpected surprise. To gain entrance to the restaurant you pass through the gift shop which is full with beautifu l Christmas gifts and gorgeous Americana delights. Once seated for lunch, we had a chance to look around and see the wall covered in beautiful memorabilia and a large open fireplace. The staff where so courteous and helpful and the food just divine. I had meatloaf with sweet potato and this was the best meal I had In America. I would have killed for this recipe

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
las vegas
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I am not sure where to begin. My husband just came back from a deployment and we thought we would take a vacation to Zion National Park for the Christmas week. Before going to Zion, we thought it would be nice to layover in St. George, Utah for one night and go to Cracker Barrel. We always make a point to visit a Cracker Barrel whenever possible on our vacations and we had visited this particular location in the past with no issues...until now. I have never felt like a second class citizen in my entire life. When we arrived we were promptly shown to a table and the gentleman told us our server would be right with us. Keep in mind, the restaurant was not busy by any stretch of the imagination. There was only one other table occupied in our waitress' section. After being passed by numerous waitresses and a little over 10 minutes later, our waitress finally acknowledged us and asked what we wanted to drink and if we were ready to order. We placed our order and around this time another couple came and sat in our area. Not even 2 minutes had passed and our waitress was at their table asking what they wanted to drink. We finally received our drink order and 20 minutes later with no food, the couple who came in after us received their order first. I am not sure what is so special about making 2 hamburgers and chicken fingers, but I guess there's a lot of work to be put into that for it to be so time consuming. Our waitress never once came by to check on us, only when she dropped off the check. The manager made his rounds to each table, especially talking to customers with larger families. When he came by our table with the one kid, he did not even stop and only made a reference in passing about my husbands sweatshirt. A little insulting and not sure if it was due to our lack of breeding, if this place has completely gone downhill in service or if it was because of my background (Cherokee Indian/Italian)? When we left, I was really upset and hurt because I honestly felt like a second class citizen, especially seeing how other patrons were treated and we were ignored. We paid our check, left a tip (yes, even under such circumstances) and needless to say, we will not visit this particular Cracker Barrel again.

• Visited December 2013