“A Sports Bar with Good Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 206 restaurants in St. George
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Bristol, Virginia
“A Sports Bar with Good Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

We visited Players twice during our week in Mesquite. Being off-season, we almost had the place to ourselves, but our server said it's very busy during the winter. The atmosphere is all sports-bar, lots of TVs set to different channels, beer and sports logos, team memorabilia, etc. We had huge burgers with fabulous fries one night, ribs and salad the other night. The fries were some of the best ever--hot, crispy, seasoned, huge. Ribs were fall-off-the-bone tender and nicely spiced. Service was friendly and efficient. We even found a 20%-off coupon in the local paper. A good deal all the way around.

65% Recommend
Seattle
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

OK, so we had been out exploring National Parks all day and we were starving. So, maybe our assessment of the food was impacted by the fact, but I doubt it! Great Burgers, great sandwiches, perfect setup for watching sports on TV, this is a great place for a meal. Our waitress was on the ball, service was perfect. Good kids menu as well, If I owned a sports bar/grill, this is how I would do it.

Southwest US
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

Just a few short blocks from the Crystal Inn so it was easy. They offer a nice variety of foods. Had the spaghetti which was very good & a calzone which was equally good and enough for 2 people. The mixed green salad was very fresh. Portions are large and could be easily split for 2 average people. Big eaters may want it all to themselves. Several beers on tap & a full bar was a bonus. Nice sports bar atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ogden
“Surprisingly good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

I was down in St. George with a baseball team and when we couldn't decide where to eat, we thought this would be a good place. I don't drink so I thought a "sports bar" might be a little loud and obnoxious on a Friday night, but it was surprisingly relaxed. I got the pizza the first night, and it was flat out awesome. I, like many others, was also surprised by the menu variety. Had some chocolate cake too (pretty darn good. not the best i've ever had though). The whole team liked it so much, we came back the next night.

The next night we walk in and the waitress brings out the same drinks that my girlfriend and I had the night before because she remembered off the top of her head. now that was impressive! I got the wings (about a 9 out of 10) and the calzone (11 out of 10) and it was all great again.

Overall, much better than your average sports bar. Lots of selection, good service, great food, clean... I'm going back soon.

San Diego
“Wow - choices are awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

Whether you are a couple or a family, this is the place to go so everyone can get what they want. Steak, yes sir. Seafood, salad, pizza, burgers, etc. - it's your choice. My husband had a pizza and I had the fish tacos - which Casey ,our terrific waiter, got grilled instead of deep fried for me! The wedge salad is a must whether as an entree or a salad with your entree. Crusty bread is fresh from the oven. All of the food was delicious, bar choices extensive and prices were very competitve. We've found our restaurant when we are in St. George!