“Low Alcohol Drafts & Overcooked Burgers” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 211 Restaurants in St. George
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Intervale, NH
“Low Alcohol Drafts & Overcooked Burgers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is Utah so the drafts were only 3.2% alcohol which the server neglected to mention. He also couldn't tell us what type of beer these were (ale, pilsner, porter, etc). If you work at a sports bar you have to know what beers are served. Also another Utah law burgers cannot be cooked anything less than medium so want it a little pink inside, forget about it. That said the server was polite but next time I want a burger or steak I'll cook it on my own grill the way I like it and make sure I have some high test brews from nearby Nevada. Utah needs to get with the times. They have visitors from all over the world touring the national parks and yet they insist on foisting their Mormon laws on everyone who imbibes in alcoholic beverage. Name me another state where the predominant religion runs the government. Too bad they don't crack down on polygamous sects nearby.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Finally...good beer in Utah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Really nice sports bar. One giant screen and a bunch of smaller flat screens. Good beer selection. Food was good. Our waiter was great and sympathized with our despondent stories of 3.2 beer wherever we landed on this trip. This bar has the real stuff by the way.

Visited October 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent - above and beyond for a large group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Our party of 20 attended Players in October, 2013. Our meals were prepared and presented in a timely manner. Entrees were as ordered and drinks as requested. We were pleasantly surprised to see a 'mandatory gratuity service charge' was not applied to our bill. We tipped well for exceptional service provided by our waitstaff. We will be back next year when again in St. George.

Visited October 2013
“Satisfied Customers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and eight month old daughter just stopped in for take out and were satisfied with our orders. I had apparently looked at an old menu and the salad I had ordered no longer was being served. The staff and cooks were kind enough to try to make my salad as close to the salad as possible which was very kind of them. My husband got a sandwich and was very pleased. The atmosphere seemed fun as everyone was enjoying watching NFL games. We will go again some time.

Grand Junction, Colorado
“Excellent and wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband, son and I stopped by to have lunch on a very long and slow trip, pulling a u-haul trailer from Manhattan Beach, CA to Grand Junction, CO. Can only go 55 mph most of the way from LA to Vegas. Well it was a very welcome restaurant to walk into and find healthy, pleasing to the eye and palette meals. We were pleased with our meals, the service was very friendly and the decor was excellent. Will definitely stop there again in our future travels.

• Visited September 2013