This is only my 2nd Wingate stay and this property continued my good feeling about the chain. Check in felt slightly upscale with a pleasant lobby and helpful, friendly desk clerk. Rooms have dark brown hues and marble accents which are appealing to my taste, especially here in Red Rock country. Flat screen TV and 37-channel selection that included Fox News but not MSNBC...and 3 ESPN stations. Complimentary parking, internet, in-room coffee (Wolfgang Puck pods), mini refrigerator and microwave all provided. Our 1st room was 222 but we found the lock did not secure the door tightly, so they relocated us to 409 which felt about 20% bigger (with same 2-bed configuration). I am assuming 4th floor has larger rooms. Outdoor pool and hot tub were clean and good temperatures, though it felt weird to have to go to the front desk to obtain the pool towels (which I assume have had some prior theft problems?) Tip: excellent bottled water is in the exercise room if you are refilling your water bottles. Complimentary breakfast was the nicest surprise as it offered freshly scrambled eggs with real sausages or bacon and several selections of yogurt (along with the usual juices, cereals, and coffee). They even kept the yogurt and cereal available for over an hour past the posted breakfast time ... and coffee available all day. Pillows are small and square so you have to stack the 3 or 4 of them at times...A/C had about a 3 minute delay from the time I set it to to the time it kicked in. As others have noted it is a little hard to find using the Brigham Rd exit off the I-15 (west of freeway and several interesting traffic circles). It is an easy walk thru the courtyard to a fun Mexican restaurant, Peppers....and Walmart just a parking lot away. I did park under a small tree and found sap on the windshield the next day, so beware of this nusiance. We stayed 2 nts here and 2 nts at the Country Inn in St. George and would come back here first if price and location were not significant factors. The Wingate neighborhood is much quieter and easier to navigate, as it is on the south entrance to St.George one exit shy of the Dixie Convention Center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wingate by Wyndham St. George is just 3 years new offering contemporary style with oversized rooms with your choice of one King bed or two Queen beds or our Two Room Suites with a King Bed and sofa bed. Your stay includes a full breakfast with eggs, waffles, fresh fruit, juices, milk, breads, cereal and extras. We are conveniently located for those visiting Zion National Park, Tuacahn Amphitheatre, Dixie State College and Southern Utah activities. Our courtyard and complex area includes a Super Wal-Mart, multiple restaurants, bank, gas stations, dry cleaners and nail salons. We offer airport shuttle to the St. George Airport. All rooms include flat screen TV, High Speed Internet, Microwave, Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, Hair Dryer, In-Room Safe and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Wyndham, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham St. George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham St. George Hotel St. George
- Wingate St George
- St George Wingate
- Wingate By Wyndham St. George Utah