The following is a detailed review of the Fairfield Inn in St. George, Utah. My family and I stayed at this hotel for three nights and requested first floor rooms on the side of the hotel away from the freeway and swimming pool. We were assigned Rooms #127 and #129, which were quiet and close to the side entrance and exit.
The swimming pool is a nice size and the hot tub seats 10. The Fitness Room is smaller than a room size and consists of two elliptical machines and one treadmill. Fitness Room is open 24 hours and includes a purified water dispenser. The kitchen area also has a purified water dispenser.
Rooms are an average size and have two double beds, a small refrigerator, a microwave, a desk and task chair, an upholstered chair, a four drawer Thomasville chest of drawers and one two drawer night stand. There is an open closet and single sink at the entrance of the bathroom. Then there is a tub/shower combo with toilet with its own door and exhaust fan. Water is hot and has good pressure even during peak showering times. However, there is carpet in the sink area, and I would have preferred tile or even laminate flooring, as carpet is unsanitary in “wet” areas and cannot be mopped.
The Internet is very easy to get without a passcode from the hotel room with no interruption in service whatsoever. There is also a Business Center area across from the front desk with two computers and a printer. A comfortable lounge area is across from the check in desk, and there is a small market area where edible items can be purchase such as frozen foods, ice cream, and a variety of beverages, popcorn, soup, tuna, canned pasta, and medicine.
The hotel is within walking distance to three restaurants: Cracker Barrel, Players, and Jack in the Box. Across the street is the Hilton Garden Inn, and there is a restaurant there, also. Two convenience stores/gas stations are very close by and visible from the parking lot (Texaco and Chevron).
For breakfast, there were muffin, rolls, bagels, toast, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, waffles, yogurt (Oikos and Activia), whole fruit (apples, bananas, and oranges), cut fresh fruit and cottage cheese. There was cranberry juice, apple juice and orange juice as well as coffee and tea for hot water. Breakfast is typical of any “free” hotel breakfast, though we felt the quality here was a little lower than average.
CONS – very low toilet, can hear guest in room above urinating, mildew smell when first arriving in room due to humidity in air conditioning unit, scrambled eggs and bacon at breakfast below average, carpet in sink area, and bed on the hard side.
PROS – very helpful, friendly and accommodating staff, convenient location, reasonable price, refrigerator and microwave, good Internet, water purification machines, onsite mini market, free breakfast and cookies sometimes available at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott offers clean comfortable rooms and excellent customer service. Great features such as deluxe continental breakfast, free high-speed internet, outdoor pool/spa/fitness center are just some of the reasons why guests choose Fairfield Inn. Earn points towards airline tickets, nights stay at a Marriott and other prizes when you sign up for Marriott rewards program. Nearby: Dixie College, LDS Temple, Lake Powell and Quail Creek State Park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn St. George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn St. George Hotel St. George
- Fairfield St. George
- St. George Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn St. George Utah