My teen boys and I stayed here as a base of operations for visiting Zion NP, 45 minutes away. After I got a load of charming and beautiful Springdale, at the gate of Zion, I had some buyer's remorse.
However, the price was at least $100 less per night (4) than in Springdale and St. George has all the conveniences and plenty of its own charm in the Historic District. Also Utah's oldest Temple, if you are interested. The people are friendly (I've never run into a surly person in Utah)
Marriott properties are usually well run, but the minute we checked in, the elevator broke and the fire alarm went off! We stayed 4 nights, but one day, after being gone all day, we returned to discover that no one cleaned the room at all! We had no "Do not disturb" sign, even to accidentally leave up! We are considered "Silver Elite" status too.
The exercise room was depressing, so I found 2 local Zumba classes to go to which were only $2 at the City Rec Center, 7 minutes away. There is surprisingly NO Jazzercise if you do that.
The pool and spa was OK, but if they get busy, hoards of blond children dominate the area so you can't hear the freeway noise.
Breakfast was also OK. Every day I personally had to turn up the volume on the TV to hear it in the breakfast room. The apples were especially good. Take a couple for hiking later.
Very convenient to freeway, gas, Target, and any chain of eatery you would care to dine in. Getting to Zion is a quick and pleasant journey up to the Colorado Plateau and the grandeur of Zion.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn St. George Hotel
- Fairfield Inn St. George Hotel St. George
- Fairfield Inn St George
- Fairfield St. George
- St. George Fairfield Inn
- St. George Fairfield
- Fairfield Inn St. George Utah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott offers clean comfortable rooms and excellent customer service. Great features such as deluxe continental breakfast, free high-speed internet, outdoor pool/spa/fitness center are just some of the reasons why guests choose Fairfield Inn. Earn points towards airline tickets, nights stay at a Marriott and other prizes when you sign up for Marriott rewards program. Nearby: Dixie College, LDS Temple, Lake Powell and Quail Creek State Park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn St. George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.