“Good hotel, close to the convention action” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #22 of 42 hotels in St. George
West Jordan, Utah
“Good hotel, close to the convention action”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The Fairfield Inn in St. George, Utah is located very close to the Dixie Center, where I was working a conference over the weekend. The hotel is clean, the bed was comfortable, and of all the available pillows in the room, there was one that was the best I've ever had at a hotel. It was flat and firm, just like I like it. The only complaint is that the door into the toilet/tub area swung in and made it difficult to get into this little room by having to step behind the toilet. The breakfast was standard fare.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sandy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my mom for a little vacation. I booked three nights. Mom has a hard time walking and I when I reserved a room I asked for one with easy access. They put us upstairs and far away from the elevator. I reserved a room with two beds and got a room with just one. I was not pleased. I spoke with the front desk clerk and he said they did get my requests, but they are not guaranteed. We did not sleep at all that night. The bed was hard as a rock. We wished to check out that morning. We were told we could, but I would have to pay for the full reservation. That night was the same thing. I even tried to sleep on the floor. At 3:00 a.m. we decided to leave. Not a good place to stay if you are traveling with someone with special physical needs. I had to fight with this place about not paying for the third night. The customer service was awful. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012
FFI_SG_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn St. George, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to advise us of your recent experience at Fairfield Inn, St. George. I was pleased that you selected our hotel for your accommodations during your visit. However, I was very concerned to learn the problems you had with the staff and your requests not being met. I will speak with all the staff about the importance of customer service and fulfilling all requests to the best of our ability. We take pride in offering the best service in economy lodging and regret those occasions when we do not live up to our guests’ expectations. We always try to give our guests the comfort and security they deserve. Please accept my sincere apology for the difficulties you encountered. There is no excuse for such a lapse in service to have occurred.

It is by receiving comments such as yours that we are assisted in identifying products, services and individuals that require immediate attention. Your comments are very important and we truly appreciate you taking the time to posting on Trip Advisor.

Sincerely

MaKenzie Stubbs
Layton, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I have not stayed here in years. They have improved the rooms a bunch which is nice. The double beds are not comfortable I hope the kings are better. They have an odd feature which my kids laughed at, the toilets don't flush easy it is a hard handle but one you apply lots of pressure it takes off like a rocket and I mean it shakes the entire bathroom floor. We were able to swim in the pool in January. Breakfast is simple which works since it is free. Overall good stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stopped on our way home from Salt Lake. Great night's stop. Nicely decorated and comfortable rooms. Good breakfast, but lacking in hot eggs and protein. Hard boiled eggs are not a good substitute. Dissatisfied with the end of the stay. We stay with Marriott properties because of the good service we usually receive. As we left, my wife slipped on a recently painted curb and sprained her ankle. While the desk staff kindly directed us to an urgent care center, we never heard back from Marriott corporate.

Room Tip: Krave frozen yogurt was great. Obviously popular with local college students. Fun place. Good sel...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rock Springs, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

In reading some of the reviews, I was very surprised that people weren't completely happy with this hotel!! I stayed here for one night while driving home from Vegas. I was incredibly pleased with everything. The hotel is clean and the front desk staff was fantastic! My room was spacious, clean, quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The rate was great (around $89). The pool area is average but the jacuzzi was wonderful, with a cascading water feature. They have free wi-fi and a refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot in the rooms. The continental breakfast could have had a little more variety, but was still enjoyable and the breakfast attendant was very friendly and kept the coffee full. Overall, for the rate and location, I would definatley recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We went here when the Bestern Western Plus was full. Should have kept looking.

We got in late and with three kids, just climbed in bed. In morning noticed how dirty one of the beds was. Almost seemed like the sheets hadn't been changed. Gross.

Thin, basic towels. Dirty floors. Ick. Tv remote taped together. Loud AC/heater. Lots of noise from highway in our room by pool. Breakfast was contenital fare -fine but busy.

Might expect at lower priced hotels but for the price, very disappointed. Ok for quick stop if prices were lower.

• Stayed November 2012
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Is right next to the freeway and had helpful staff member when we checked in late at night after driving almost 700 miles. We were on the top floor away from the freeway and found our room comfortable for a night's relaxing sleep. Breakfast options were reasonable. This is probably an old structure that has been renovated recently. No complaints. Has enough to meet expectations associated with its nightly room rate for someone who booked the room less than 24 hours prior to landing up and is a regular with Marriott!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairfield Inn St. George? Share your experiences!