What a lovely area, and this hotel is in a great location for visiting it.
When we got to our room after a seamless check in, we found it smokey. Very stale. Like someone had smoked in it and then they had sprayed in there to try to cover it, but you never get rid of that stale smoke smell. We debated and finally returned to the desk, and were promptly assigned to a different room that was clearly smoke free. They were very apologetic and handled the situation perfectly.
Room service was competent, we had no issues with either the front desk or the cleaning staff. Everyone we came into contact with was well trained.
Breakfast was average, even for a Hampton Inn, with scrambled eggs featured on 4 or our 5 days there. We have found other Hampton Inns to offer a little more variety.
There are eating establishments within walking distance, and the main drag, St George Blvd, is simple to get to from the hotel. A good base for visiting the area.
One issue I had was my room keys expiring daily, despite telling the person programming them that I was staying multiple nights, either the machine did not work or the front desk did not know how to operate it.
But if we return to the area we would certainly stay here again, price and location was key.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely remodeled hotel in the heart of St. George Utah. Now 100% Non-Smoking property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn St. George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn St. George Hotel St. George
- St George Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn St. George Utah