“Disappointed with this Hampton” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Braintree, MA. USA
“Disappointed with this Hampton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I've come to expect a pleasant experience at Hampton Inns, but was disappointed this time. The hotel was under renovation, which I was not aware of when I booked it. I think we should have been made aware of this. We were given a room on the first floor next to the construction area. I would have asked to be moved, but we were only staying 1 night and would check out early to catch a flight home. (The construction crew should be gone by the time we returned from dinner.) The room appeared to be clean, so I assume the large bug I killed in the bathroom was from the construction! Don't stay in this room if you book a stay. The breakfast was not up to the usual Hampton Inn standards, especially, the hot selections! Also, at check in, we were not offered snacks & water for being Hilton Honors members. (like the other Hampton we stayed at) Also, no hot cookies. I will still stay at Hampton Inns, but will not return to this one.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Taylor E, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn St. George, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the quality of your breakfast you experienced during your stay. We are working to improve our offerings and welcome your comments. We would also like to apologize for the construction and cleanliness issues you experienced as we work to improve our property. We hope you will come back and stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The location is a little further from Zion than I wanted, but since we have family in town and everything closer to Zion is more expensive, it seemed like the logical choice. Hilton Honors is my favorite hotel program and Hampton is my bargain choice within the Hilton family. This location did not disappoint. The room and breakfast was up to our usual expectations for this brand.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback. We loved having you stay with us and look forward to having you here with us again!
Heber City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel was fantastic, very clean and comfortable. They are renovating the lobby area and there was some noise, but we were given a room on the top floor and barely noticed it. It was actually kind of funny to see the front desk staff in safety gear. Hot cookies and candy at the front desk were great. We were here for tuacahan, but sr. games were going on too, so it was busy. Check-in was super fast and front desk very helpful. Pool area looked great, but didn't get a chance to check it out. Room was extremely clean and had everything we needed/wanted, just what I expect from Hampton. We loved this hotel and will be returning for a business trip in a few months and will not be looking anywhere else, but here! We loved it!!

Room Tip: Top floor away from construction, would be good while construction is going on.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Taylor E, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn St. George, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent Tuacahn Trip! We love having you here! We look forward to you coming and staying with us again, especially after our renovations are complete and we are a brand new property!
San Diego, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I'm a real fan of Hampton Inn. I've come to expect good service, comfort, and quality. Surprisingly, the Hampton in St. George, Utah, didn't make the grade last Friday night/Saturday morning.

The hotel is currently being renovated and staff clearly does everything possible to minimize any inconvenience. The problem, however, one that I would never have anticipated, arose at 5:00 AM when I climbed out of bed and into the shower. There was no hot water! By the time I finished my shower, the water temperature had risen to luke warm.

I informed the hotel clerk of my experience and he said he would "leave a note" regarding my complaint. He confided that he had difficulty brewing coffee, seemingly due to cold water. Beyond my unpleasant experience in a cold shower, I was also disappointed by the fact that nobody from the hotel contacted me to acknowledge my complaint. I'm not sure that management was ever informed.

This is not what I've come to expect from Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: I'm still a fan of Hampton Inn.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback in regards to water temperature and the courtesy with which the situation was handled. We encountered an issue with our water heater and it was quickly addressed, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area so that we may provide the Hamptonality you expect.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our family stayed here for 2 days during our first visit to Zion. Located 45 min outside of Zion, this hotel continues to uphold the Hampton Inn standards we look forward to: a clean room/bed, bathroom with ample space for toiletries & towels and a delicious breakfast. The hotel staff were polite and helpful. Another benefit is that this hotel is located directly across Old Navy & Target. Our favorite restaurant, the Cracker Barrel is also close by.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Taylor E, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn St. George, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us here on trip advisor. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to you staying with us again in the near future! We love having you here!
Brighton, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed here for a week while hiking in Zion.
The hotel is right off the freeway and everything you could want is nearby.
Staff was very friendly and professional.
Rooms are small and old needing to be updated.
Cleaning could be better although the bed was clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was good with many choices.
The pool and hot tub were clean although it looks like the ceiling has a mold issue.
They were doing renovations the week we were there so things are improving.
Snow Canyon State Park is close by and worth the visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Taylor E, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn St. George, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us here on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the feedback and thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Zion Park. We are currently under renovations in our lobby area and will begin our rooms in the coming weeks. We invite you to come and see us again when we are finished with our renovations. We love having you here!
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Few Hampton Inns match this one! Great rooms, efficient elevators, well-organized breakfasts with fresh coffee. I give this a 10/10. Hamptons only go downhill from this one! You can walk to any number of restaurants which allows you to have a drink without driving.

Room Tip: If you're in the St George area, stay here.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Taylor E, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn St. George, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us here on Tripadvisor. We loved having you stay with us and look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

Been to Hampton Inn St. George? Share your experiences!