“Inconvenienced...changed rooms” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Inconvenienced...changed rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Checked in, notice no towels, went to desk, told them there was a used wash cloth in tub, and no towels. Attendant gave towels...they felt like sand paper. We dressed and left for dinner, anticipating room to be cleaned while we were out. Got back and room untouched. My wife went to desk, told them she was not happy with the room, it was dirty. Attendant gave key to room next door, it was clean, so we moved. This room was awkward... it had tile on floor, no carpet, and there was no clock radio in the room. Used cell phone for alarm clock, not relying on wake up service. This was just a quick get-away overnight stay. Where we went to dinner was awesome! The hotel (motel) we will think twice before staying there again... first impression is everything and ours was not desirable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sayyed1340, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Traveler,
I apologize for the issues that you encountered. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, as we will use this information to improve our service and reinforce our housekeeping checklists. We hope you will consider giving us another try when your travels bring you back to St. George UT.
Tammie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hurricane utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

we stay at the Americas Best Value Inn, the staff was very friendly, the rooms are clean and breakfast was very good like the little waffles. it is in a good location, walking distance to shopping malls and price is right.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Springdale, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I came to St. George in March and was early so I needed to find a hotel and I know my family are value card members. The rate that I paid was not the rate I was supposed to for one, tow the rooms are very small and I could barely move around, there I was supposed to get and upgrade since I was a value card member and did not. I was told I had to check out at 11 which value card members can stay til 12 I know I have looked into it well before leaving.

The only good thing was that I lost my wallet while traveling and the front desk still allowed me the room with the card on file I just needed the card info which I knew and had just changed so that the card would not be charged while I was traveling.

The front desk seems to be deserted at night for anyone to come and go without having someone to check.

The cleanliness of the room was not what I would of expect pm'ed and take it from me I know what clean is according to hospitality standard as I have written housekeeping Manuel's and inspector Manuel's as well and the have missed the mark. I have stayed at much cleaner America best Value inns and I can say I was very disappointed in this one.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for and this is not worth the price.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Horrible customer service. 3 days before i had to be there i needed to cancel 1 day and because of that ithey made me cancel both days at 60. Dollars a day and ended up having to pay 100. For 1 night. I can see paying 50. A night but not a hundred. Asking other people, they all said they paid 54. A night. So make sure you dont have to cancel a day. Bed is horrible, kinda wonder if they thru the sheets back on, they looked as if they were slept in. Mattress too soft. Small room, one person at a time to get around the room. Yes at 50. You get what you pay but if you pay over that there is better places to go

Room Tip: She told me i was getting an upgraded room. Not sure if the second floor was the upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Roy, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Ended up staying here for the UASAL Conference at Dixie State. It's an average place to stay. I wasn't thrilled, but it is a place and a bed. The breakfast was a continental style and average as well. I would recommend staying here. It is pretty central to all things in St. George. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I had a nice room with a king bed for just over $40 and change. That is very low rate for the quality of this spot. The have a discount set up with the Denny's next door as a perk. Even the complimentary breakfast was nice.

• Stayed March 2014
Fort Mohave, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Overall, our experience was not too thrilling. We noticed that one of the beds was not changed (had hair on pillowcase and makeup on the sheet) upon check-in, the toilet water pressure was almost nil, and in the morning it overflowed. When I called down to the Front Desk to inform them of the overflow, the response I got was "I'm sorry, my manager isn't here right now." Having a manager there has nothing to do with getting maintenance/housekeeping to come and unclog/clean up the issue. Also, granted a small issue despite the others, we had to have the TV remote changed twice and the third one still did not work correctly. We had to be within about a foot of the sensor for it to register. The only benefit was the proximity to the Convention Center where we had to go for a dance competition.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Sayyed1340, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review alerting us of your dissatisfaction with your stay. We have taken your comments very seriously and have contacted our housekeepers immediately . We look to improve from your feedback and wish you safe travels.
Tammie

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!