“Don't expect a Hampton Inn...” 2 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   915 S Bluff St, St. George, UT 84770   |
Ranked #36 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Rock Springs, Wyoming
“Don't expect a Hampton Inn...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Quick overnight stay might be OK, but this place has a lot of problems. Just a few: breakfast is awful! No protein at all....just waffles, cereal, bread, and the set up of the breakfast was just terrible and unappealing. Didn't even want to eat in there. No A/C and in the 'dining room', check in area, and this is in a Las Vegas like climate in July! Also, remote control did not work for TV. There was a big hole in the wall that needed to be patched up. Dated furnishings. Again, if you just want to sleep and shower, might be OK.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sayyed1340, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Valued Traveler,
I appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience. Your hotel experience was not the quality of service Americas Best Value Inn stands for. You were promised a clean room and there is no excuse that we failed to provide you with that. The hotel staff strives to provide quality guest service, and we fell short of our goal. Please accept my sincere apologies.
Sincerely
Tammie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

If you don't mind pets running down the hall and someone else's hair in your bed, this place is for you! When we arrived and headed to our room, a kid was chasing a cat down the hall. We opened the door to find a room that was sterile (as in in looked like a hospital/rehab room) but not by any means clean. When we turned down the bedding to get into bed, there was a glob (we are not talking a couple hairs) a whole mass of hair in the sheets. I was irritated to say the least. I went to the front desk assuming they would put us in a new room, but no. She said, "Do you want me to change the sheets?" I was shocked she even had to ask!! About 20 minutes later, here they came with sheets flung over the shoulder and under the arm. GROSS!!! They didn't even take a minute to look at the hair, just flung the sheets about to get them off the bed, the hair flying onto the floor. The clean sheets fell to the floor as they were trying to get them on the bed. The floor was black and left all of us with black feet. Overall, dirty and very uninviting. I would never stay here again or recommend it to my worst enemy!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Traveler,
I apologize for the issues that you encountered. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, as we will use this information to improve our service and reinforce our housekeeping checklists. We hope you will consider giving us another try when your travels bring you back to St. George UT.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just needed a place to stop on our road trip. Didn't book online, walked up & checked out a room before paying for it.

Blanket had a tiny stain on it. The WiFi didn't work at all, which was more important for us as we're planning our road trip day to day.

We asked to switch rooms, and the receptionist told us that internet had been down and it only works in the lobby. We then asked another time if we could switch rooms or maybe get a refund since they didn't mention the free wifi was not working when we bought the room. She let us switch into a room closer to the lobby, and wifi works here.

She didn't give us any trouble about it.
As for the room - it's clean and yes, there is cartoon network here.
Still, I have paid less for more in the past.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Value Traveler,
I apologize for the displeasure that you encountered while at the hotel. We will be sure to address and review this information to improve our quality and service.
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I made a reservation for three nights starting on a Friday. When we got there, they did not have a reservation for us, but did have a "no show" for the night before. I was positive my reservation was for Friday, Sat. and Sunday. We had to pay for Thursday even though we weren't there and even though we were given a little bit of a break on the next three nights, I still feel cheated. If it hadn't been so late, I would have found another hotel. I also wondered if they'd try and charge us for another "no show" if I left.

Won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Spend a few extra bucks and stay somewhere else...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sayyed1340, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Valued Traveler
We are sorry to hear of the many issues that tarnished your stay. Your experience is certainly not typical and we are very embarrassed by your review. We do strive to be a quality hotel in service, comfort, and cleanliness and sincerely apologize for missing the mark during your stay. We can only hope that you might give us another try so we can prove that we take cleanliness and guest comments very serious.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was your average hotel. I have seen worse, but for laying your head down and sleeping it will get you through the night. I wasn't impressed with my arrival, the man who greeted me or lack there of was on two phones and ignoring me as I stood there. The power plugs in the room were so old they would not hold anything in the wall, cell phone charger, computer, hair dryer etc...The digital clock wasn't even plugged into the wall and couldn't be plugged in without moving the bed. It did have a small fridge and the room was decent, but nothing great. It was quite obvious his family lives in the hotel as his son was in his PJ's and messy hair the next morning when I asked if there was more milk at the breakfast and the dad basically yelled at the son to get more milk. It did have free WiFi that worked well. I noticed the manager/owner parked his personal car overnight in one of the closes parking spots, not real impressed with that since the customers had limited parking. The continental breakfast was decent, not great, but not bad. Overall, I would not want to stay here again, thankfully it was one night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sayyed1340, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review alerting us of your dissatisfaction with your stay. We have taken your comments very seriously and have contacted our housekeepers immediately . We look to improve from your feedback and wish you safe travels.
perris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have traveled alot, and I have stayed in some pretty cheap rooms. But this was the worst place I have ever stayed in. The rooms were very dirty, the rugs were gross. The beds were the most uncomfortable. We had several rooms booked for friends and family and each was worst than the other. One with and iron board and no iron. One had a door from the TV amoir almost take his head off. Our room had the smoke alarm battery going off, till we had to take it off the ceiling. When I turned the alarm into the manager, i told him" this keeped us up all night" his reply. "What are you sure" really I said would I be here complaining. This would be a great place for the Tv show Hotel Impossible to show up and take over. This place is in real need of some help. Sorry nothing good to say about it. Don't Stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sayyed1340, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Clearfield, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was not looking for something real fancy at a low price, just a clean comfortable room where things worked and where you would be treated with dignity and respect. Not here! The halls and carpets were very dirty. Nothing seemed to work in the room. There idea of room service is drop off a couple of towles. That is all. They cleaned nothing, did not even make the beds. But to make up for it, the manager was extremly rude to everyone, to me, my son and even the represenative of travelocity that had to call him. When I asked for a copy of the recipt on my credit card he ran for incidentals he refused. When I insisted, he literaly yelled at me as I stood at his front desk and told me to leave and never come back. No problem. We finally agreed on something.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Traveler,
I do apologize for the displeasure that you encountered while at the hotel. We will be sure to address and review this information to improve our service.
Tammie

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!