“This was your average hotel.” 3 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   915 S Bluff St, St. George, UT 84770   |
Ranked #38 of 42 Hotels in St. George
San Diego, California
“This was your average hotel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was your average hotel. I have seen worse, but for laying your head down and sleeping it will get you through the night. I wasn't impressed with my arrival, the man who greeted me or lack there of was on two phones and ignoring me as I stood there. The power plugs in the room were so old they would not hold anything in the wall, cell phone charger, computer, hair dryer etc...The digital clock wasn't even plugged into the wall and couldn't be plugged in without moving the bed. It did have a small fridge and the room was decent, but nothing great. It was quite obvious his family lives in the hotel as his son was in his PJ's and messy hair the next morning when I asked if there was more milk at the breakfast and the dad basically yelled at the son to get more milk. It did have free WiFi that worked well. I noticed the manager/owner parked his personal car overnight in one of the closes parking spots, not real impressed with that since the customers had limited parking. The continental breakfast was decent, not great, but not bad. Overall, I would not want to stay here again, thankfully it was one night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sayyed1340, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review alerting us of your dissatisfaction with your stay. We have taken your comments very seriously and have contacted our housekeepers immediately . We look to improve from your feedback and wish you safe travels.
Tammie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
perris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have traveled alot, and I have stayed in some pretty cheap rooms. But this was the worst place I have ever stayed in. The rooms were very dirty, the rugs were gross. The beds were the most uncomfortable. We had several rooms booked for friends and family and each was worst than the other. One with and iron board and no iron. One had a door from the TV amoir almost take his head off. Our room had the smoke alarm battery going off, till we had to take it off the ceiling. When I turned the alarm into the manager, i told him" this keeped us up all night" his reply. "What are you sure" really I said would I be here complaining. This would be a great place for the Tv show Hotel Impossible to show up and take over. This place is in real need of some help. Sorry nothing good to say about it. Don't Stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sayyed1340, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Traveler,
I apologize for the issues that you encountered. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, as we will use this information to improve our service and reinforce our housekeeping checklists. We hope you will consider giving us another try when your travels bring you back to St. George UT.
Clearfield, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was not looking for something real fancy at a low price, just a clean comfortable room where things worked and where you would be treated with dignity and respect. Not here! The halls and carpets were very dirty. Nothing seemed to work in the room. There idea of room service is drop off a couple of towles. That is all. They cleaned nothing, did not even make the beds. But to make up for it, the manager was extremly rude to everyone, to me, my son and even the represenative of travelocity that had to call him. When I asked for a copy of the recipt on my credit card he ran for incidentals he refused. When I insisted, he literaly yelled at me as I stood at his front desk and told me to leave and never come back. No problem. We finally agreed on something.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Traveler,
I do apologize for the displeasure that you encountered while at the hotel. We will be sure to address and review this information to improve our service.
Bountiful, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Booked this hotel last minute coming down for Easter Weekend ( three nights prepaid) . It is nothing like pictures on the website. Rooms are old,dirty and smelled of urine, although bathroom was newly remodeled. TV's, furniture and bedding looked like they are out of the 1980's ,old, outdated and banged up. Popcorn ceilings painted over. Dirty, torn and overly worn down carpets throughout hotel. Needs major cleaning, painting and remoldeling. Breakfast buffet was a joke. My recommendation is to just keep driving........

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sayyed1340, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Value Traveler,
I apologize for the displeasure that you encountered while at the hotel. We will be sure to address and review this information to improve our quality and service.
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Let me just start out by saying that I am NOT a bratty-rich girl looking for the best hotel out there, and I always understand that I KNOW what I am paying for, but honestly....I paid WAYYYY too much for this piece of garbage. I was traveling for a dance competition and seeing this on the website (pictures, description, SOME reviews) made it seem ALRIGHT...So we decided to book it on booking.com....Let me just say it was the BIGGEST mistake.
We arrived around 8pm and went to check in. It took them about 15 minutes just to find us in the computer. They had no idea what they heck they were doing and they spoke very little english so it was difficult to understand a word they were saying to us.
On the way to our room I couldn't help but notice stains all over the carpet in the hallway and also a worker in the office sitting on facebook looking at strange things.
When we arrived at our room the smell blew us right in the face. It smelled like dust, and mold. I inspected around and it was filthy. Mold in the showers, dust all over the furniture and don't even get me started with the comforter. So gross!!!!
I an a stage 4 asthmatic...When something is too dirty for my lungs, it alerts me....
About an hour into our stay I started sneezing and coughing. I could just feel the dirt setting into my lungs. My fiancé thought that if we put the air conditioning on it would help, but as soon as he flipped the switch you could SEE the DUST flying out of it.

My fiancé had just about had it and saw that I was literally getting sick staying there. He went to talk to the manager about it and the manager would do nothing because I had booked it through booking.com.

I immediately called booking and they tried to get him to refund the money because they weren't happy either. They had to fax him the paper like four times before he would even consider it....By then it was like 12:30am and we were sick of it. When we went to ask him if he had received the fax from booking.com he told us he hadn't but yet he was on the phone with a manager from booking.com and HOLDING THE PAPER IN HIS HAND!!!!
He was so rude to us and mocked us for leaving......

All in all....Just do yourself and your family or partner a favor and DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! I have stayed at many low-star hotels and NOTHING compared to this!!!

BTW....we eventually got our refund close to 24 hours later. Such a joke!

I wish I could emphasize this more......
DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Traveler
I am concerned to learn of the difficulty you experienced with your stay at our hotel. I am always saddened when I am made aware, for whatever reason, that any of our guests have been inconvenienced. Please accept my most sincere apology for what I feel must be a frustrating situation. We accommodate many guest each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. Consequently we do have a 24 hour cancellation policy.
Once again, please accept my sincere apology.
Sincerely
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I almost drove straight through to Steamboat, CO but I just happened to check Expedia on my iPhone while browsing Target, then about 20 minutes later I checked into my nice room. Very comfortable, and clean. Nice big TV plus love a fridge in my room. The pool was perfect and so was the breakfast. Moreover the staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Value Traveler
Thank you for sharing your positive review with other travelers. We appreciate that you found the motel to be of good value and that some of our other selling points such as clean and comfy beds suited your needs. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Clean facility, hospitable well-organized staff, true value for the budget-minded. Complimentary breakfast buffet includes hard-boiled eggs, choice of two non-frosted cold cereals, bagels/cream cheese, peanut butter and waffles; even a diabetic can enjoy breakfast here.

• Stayed November 2012
Sayyed1340, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your positive review with other travelers. We appreciate that you found the motel to be of good value and great location. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!
Tammie

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!