“Great hotel for the price” 5 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   915 S Bluff St, St. George, UT 84770   |
Ranked #35 of 42 hotels in St. George
Santa Barbara, California
“Great hotel for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Definitely one of the better hotels that I have stayed in at this price range. Service was friendly and professional

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Auderath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I don't know why this has only three "ticks" in the ABVI brochure, it should have at least five! The staff at check-in and check-out was friendly and very efficient, my room was pleasant and cool (it was near 100 degrees outside). Fast WiFi worked very well. The complimentary Continental breakfast is served in a room off the lobby and was just right. There were three tour buses staying overnight, but I did not hear any noise although they left very early in the morning.
I shall definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Sayyed1340, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Value Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Americas Best Value Inn and for recommending us to other travelers. We do have so much to offer and we are always happy to hear from our satisfied guests. We look forward to your return stay with us!
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed as a couple for one night during the Memorial Day long weekend driving in from Vegas. We came in at 4am and expected so it was good that the hotel was easy to find - right off I-15. Check in was nice and fast and we were able to drive around and park close to the room itself.

Room:
The hotel and the room were old, but clean. Comfortable bed and a good heater. The best part was the bathrooms which used soap dispensers instead of throw-away soap and shampoo packets - greatly reduces wastage.

Facilities:
We were not around long enough to explore the hotel facilities, although there was ample parking to be found. There is a pool in the hotel. Breakfast was complimentary and was standard continental fare but with great blueberry muffins.

Accessibility:
Very good. The hotel was right off I-15. St George is a good base of operations for the Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce national parks, and St George has an airport. Takes about 1.5 - 2 hours driving time from Vegas depending on traffic and how fast you drive.

Room Tip: No elevator, so try to get a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Value Guest,
Overton, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

DO NOT WASTE A PENNY on this place. I am a professional female woman who travels quite often. The first room I was placed in had pet urine stains on the carpet, and the foul smell so strong my eyes were burning and watering. When I asked for another room, the front counter person,of Arab decent, told me "you are not paying for the Hilton"!!! I replied by telling the man that is true, however, I paid $75.00 for a clean and sanitized room and that is what I expected to have. He finally put me in another room; this time I found a bedbug next to my pillow. I took the bedbug to the manager, he looked at it without a surprised look and said, "it's just a bug". I told him I was checking out, this is at 11:50p.m., and demanded a check-out statement from him; he refused. I kept the bedbud (dead of course), packed up my car, and left. Now the kicker... I booked through Hotels.com. I called them and told them what had happened and how I had to check-out at 11:45p.m. because I could not sleep in a bed with bedbugs. I told them that I kept the dead bug to show others; especially the health department. Hotels.Com REFUSED to give me a refund because they said the hotel manager gave me two rooms to make me happy!!!!!!! Wow...two filthy, bed infested rooms...what a deal! St. George has tons of hotels, do not go to this place; it needs to be closed down.

Room Tip: See the room before accepting and paying for it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

excellent acomodations cleaning and hospitalite i stay on this hotel for business for the three time peaple hire is fantastic

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
hermosa beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The check-in was very fast and the room was good. Rug needed some repair. Lots of restaurants nearby. Fast access to I-15. Very quiet at night. Lots of stuff for breakfast

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sayyed1340, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Valued Traveler,
Thank you for sharing your positive review with other travelers. We appreciate that you found the motel to be of good value and that some of our other selling points such as good location and friendly staff suited your needs. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!
Walla Walla, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel nice & clone grate manager cline room nice ret

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to give your point of view and your constructive criticism. All comments keep us working on ways to improve. Thank you for noticing our excellent location and great value.
Tammie

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!