“Terrific!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 42 hotels in St. George
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Terrific!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Wonderful hotel---clean, quiet, new, good breakfast, nice pool and spa, excellent little dog park! This property was beautiful, and well-designed. It is next to I-15, but once inside the building, you'd never know it. Also, the dog park is near outdoor patio tables and chairs, which is on the opposite side of the freeway. It's beautiful---has a flowing fountain. We had a delightful family dinner there one night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, our amenitites and that your experience was a very positive one. That is our goal and top priority and I am looking forward to welcoming you back! I like your idea of having dinner at our courtyard. It is beautiful scenery and very pleasant with the fountain and trees and grassy area. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here. Hope to welcome you back soon - we are almost neighbors! :)

564 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

What a great property....brand new. We only stay at LQ because of their great dog friendly corporate endorsement.

The room was large, vault like ceiling and it could have been a 5-star setting.

Plenty of area for doggies outside to walk

Breakfast was non-LQ with actually hot eggs and potatoes.

Don't pass this property up if you need a place to stay in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being our guest and for your feedback and high recommendation! I am ecstatic to hear how pleased you were with your accommodations and the positive experience you shared with us. I hope to personally welcome you back soon.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Why surprised? Well, we think of ourselves as 4 & 5 star wannabees...very picky. We had never stayed at a La Quinta before and think this must be one of the best in the chain. It is relatively new, very clean, very friendly and value priced most of the time (can get much pricier on busy summer weekends due to proximity to Zion). We picked it because we travel back and forth to Colorado with our dog. They are pet welcoming yet it never seems overrun with 4 legged visitors. We have never had a problem there and keep it on top of our stopover list. There are only 2 issues: Access is challenging the first time due to the infamous St. George roundabouts...its very easy to miss the correct "spoke" to exit on. Plus, I would be willing to pay another dollar a night to get better caliber coffee. The breakfast is fine except the java is terrible. We end up stopping elsewhere. This is really easy to fix! Find a new brand please and we'll stay loyal. Its a small thing but for those of us who need our caffeine before we hit the road, it is important!

Room Tip: Ask for the "backside" that does not face the 15 Freeway - much quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for being our gyuest and for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I will ask our vendor if there are other coffee variations available that we can switch to. I am glad you will be staying with us again on your return trips passing through St. George. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently for 2 nights to catch some shows at Tuacahn. We're no stranger to La Quintas, since we have 2 dogs, and pets always stay free.

One of our younger dogs is a barker, and the front desk got a lot of complaints since he was barking while we were out. The front desk staff left a voice mail for me letting me know, and I called them back between shows. They were very friendly about the situation, and I let them know that I would be back as soon as the shows were over. They were perfectly fine and understanding about it, which I was surprised about. A lot of places don't want you to leave your dogs unattended in the rooms period. Sorry to the other guests if you heard my dogs, but keep in mind - you are staying at a hotel that advertises their dog friendliness, and it's one thing if they're barking at 8:00PM and not at 2:00AM while you're trying to sleep.

The property was clean, and one of the nice La Quntas we've stayed at over the years. Definitely will be back next year - with a bark collar in hand.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, high recommendation and mostly, for being our guests! I am glad you enjoyed your stay, your room, the service you received and most importantly, to hear that you plan to return again for next year's Tuacahn productions. We will be more than happy to make the arrangements for you once we hear from you for your next room and tickets. I appreciate your loyalty to our brand and we look forward to welcoming you and your pet back!
Riverside, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife had an injury during our journey, so we needed a handicap room where a walker and wheelchair would work. We had alreaday booked in another town, but there was no consideration given to our need (not a La Quinta motel). We made a last minute search for another motel and the first one was this motel. Their assistance ended our search, so our journey was virtually uninterrupted.
Le Quinta motels are our first chioce for any journey, and the service and efficiency and price of this St. George La Quinta reinforces our choice! Staff was most courteous.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your feedback and for being our guest! I am delighted to hear we had a part in making your experience enjoyable and pleasant. Our guests satiusfcation, comfort and safety are our top concerns and priorities. We hope you will return again soon, we'll be delighted to welcome you back!
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I gave a 4 for location because the location is good, but it's a tad complicated to figure out where it is with the roundabouts. Just head toward the 'Pilot' station and take the road behind the Pilot. Otherwise it's in a quiet spot and can be seen from the Interstate. Also, the next stop down has more dining choices but we did find enough to eat nearby. I loved that, with my pet we were like in a pet section on the first floor. The property met all expectations and was priced affordably. Staff attentive, rooms nice size and comfy. AC worked great! Easy wifi. Bathroom nice size and comfortable. Breakfast decent. There could have been a few more choices. Would stay again. To say 'dog friendly is too much for us' is not quite fair, I can say the same about children... There were too many there at breakfast. This does not affect the cleanliness as clean sheets are provided. A dog on the bed is the LAST thing I would worry about. The majority of pet owners who travel with their pets are more conscientious and respectful than most parents. Some people should use campers or stay home. Don't let this stop you from staying at this lovely property.

Room Tip: first floor with pets was a 'section' and appreciated. There was an elevator for the other...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for being our guest and for bringing your pet(s) with you. I'm gld you enjoyed our hotel, service and amenitites. I appreciate your support on our pet policy and confirmation that our rooms are indeed clean and well maintained. It is my goal that the element of surprise would remain an active key to keep guests with pets returning and those without as well because of our cleanliness and maintenance of the grounds and guest rooms, many are shocked they are in a pet friendly hotel or pet friendly room when they bring their pets. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Although the Hotel is pretty new and nice, we could not handle the dogs. When we first arrived dogs are coming in and coming out of the elevators. We had to watch our step on the carpet as one of the dogs had pooped. It is just too much. Dogs were barking when we came in to check-in. We left to go get some dinner as we come back, more dogs barking in the rooms and dog poop still on carpet, can't handle the dog situation, just doesn't seem sanitary to have these dogs running around and knowing they have been in the rooms sleeping on the beds. No Thanks!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hi, Im glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel's newness and atmosphere. Because we welcome and are a pet friendly brand at no additional cost to our guests, it can sometimes draw in a lot of travelers with pets We do maintian our grounds and have some selected rooms/locations where they are allowed and others that are kept strictly pet/allergen free. I wish we had known there was a pet accident or we would have removed it and treated the area. I want to reassure you that our property, amenities and all guest items are thoroughly cleaned daily to avoid unsanitary conditions for our guests or any level of cross contamination. Thank you for your feedback and for being our guest.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George? Share your experiences!