“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in St. George
Henderson, Nevada
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stopped here on the way to Colorado. A little difficult to get to if your not very familiar with the round about's. Also if your pulling a trailer or a large truck, the parking lot is not very convenient but there is ample parking in the side streets. The hotel itself is very nice and is a great place for pets. The pool and exercise room were very clean and well equipped. The room we had was spacious with a nice work area. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would stay here again if travelling through St. George.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for being our guest. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you would visit us again upon your travels through town. We'll be delighted to welcome you back. see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Bonsall, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The La Quinta chain welcomes pets for the most part. This location does also with a "no pet fee" policy and competitive room rates. Our room, 126, was as large as any La Quinta room we have stayed in, it's well furnished, very clean, and quiet enough for a peaceful night. The entire industry might do well to figure out a replacement design for the heating and air conditioning units that plague guests' from Maine to Mexico, but that's not La Quinta's fault. Those floor mounted units sitting under the exterior window are despicable with their the constant cycling throughout the night. The wind lifts the privacy curtains, allowing outside lights to flash through like spotlights fanning a rock concert crowd. Again, it's an industry issue - not a La Quinta issue per se. The morning breakfast is standard fare for a place like this. We usually grab a yogurt and orange juice, then head out for a nearby place to score some real breakfast with real coffee. In St. George, that's tough to do because the hotel is located at the southern tip of town with nothing but a Burger King nearby and Burger King is to real breakfast what Chef Boyardee is to real Italian food. One other note on the location.......learn how to handle roundabouts and print out a map of the place because street signs are missing. Utah and Colorado have been replacing 4 way intersections with roundabouts and there are two (2) to navigate at the La Quinta exit. I was driving and I missed the final whoop dee doo so I ended up, after 720 degrees, headed back north on I-15. I did pretty well on the second attempt coming once again on I-15 from the north. When you add it all up, it took me more than a thousand degrees to finally get to the hotel; a record I believe. Someone call Guiness. Overall, this is a great place to stay. Your dog will love you for it.

Room Tip: First floor for pets and bad knees. Back side for less noise and easy access to the courtyard. Fro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Most importantly thank you for being our guest. I am delighted to hear your experience was a positive one and that you recommend us to other reviewers and guests. We hope to welcome you back soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I absolutely recommend this hotel to any traveller especially if you are traveling with a dog. The hotel has everything you need to make your stay comfortable and pleasant. The staff is friendly and efficient, breakfast is good and only 5 minutes from the main part of town.
Great value!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for being our guest and for your high recommendation of our hotel and services. Your satisfaction is our top priority and I am glad to hear we have met our goal. We look forward to any future visits you, your family with your pet may consider.
Lewisburg, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family stayed at the St. George La Quinta during a recent vacation. The motel is clean and the staff is friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was pretty typical. We had been on the road for several days and were in dire need of rest. Unfortunately, the air conditioner appears to be attached to a sensor that shuts the unit off if no movement is detected. After several minutes of fighting to get the ac to come back on at 2 a.m. we were able to get it back on. I called the front desk and was told by what sounded like a completely uninterested teenage girl, "there's only so much I can do".

We did hear guests running down the hall all night and doors slamming but this happens at all hotels. The motel really has no control over guests bad manners. However, the air conditioning and the fan shutting off at 2 am and no easy solution from the front desk ruined my sleep.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for being our guest and thank you for your feedback! I'm sorry for the response of my desk clerk. I will readress this with all staff at my next meeting. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will return again and visit soon. We will do what ever it takes to merit the confidence you have placed in us.