“Go elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn St. George North

You added Knights Inn St. George North to your Saves list
Knights Inn St. George North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   175 North 1000 East, St. George, UT 84770 (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in St. George
“Go elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Room was horrible, everything is ran down and in bad repair, staff is unfriendly, and room was cleaned twice in a week. Had to constantly ask for towels. Go to the Super 8, far better service for sure.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Freeburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Rooms need updating, front desk person not so friendly. We get to the room and the heat was on-- it was 110 outside already!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

washington state
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

It's a Knights Inn, thus setting my expectations: functional, clean, no luxury. And that's what I got in my 6-night stay. The room was clean, reasonably-sized, and everything worked. With a cost of less than $30/night, I was pleased. My one complaint was the continental breakfast that consisted of two cereals, bread for toast, and pre-wrap who-knows-how-old cinnamin pastries.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Provo, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Disgusting. I mean, I knew the price we were paying to stay the night, so I definitely wasn't expecting much... but still. It was way worse than I expected. Broken shower (water wouldn't turn on), toilet wouldn't flush, spiders in the room, and just dirt and hair everywhere. The furniture was shredded in some places and was so filthy that I wouldn't set anything on it. I wouldn't walk on the carpet in my bare feet from the way it looked. Yes, the price is decent for a traveler that just needs a quick night's sleep, but I would definitely take your business elsewhere. It's not worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Eagle Mountain, Utah, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Room was disgusting!!! Arrive with white socks and leave with black socks! Garbage between desk and bed as well as under bed. Awoke in morning with Living Bed Bug on my shirt and I squished and immediately took to front desk! Spent rest of my day at laundromat taking care of all my luggage and clothing to ensure I did not bring them home with me.

Say they have breakfast but it's more like a snack at best.

Room Tip: Tent on park lawn would be best.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is a good motel in a great location near to the highway and also a great range of local shops and restaurants. We stopped here for a night and were very happy with the cleanliness of the room and the facilities. The free breakfast was limited but it was fine met our every need. The motel also has a small pool and we found the staff very helpful and the wi-fi download speed was very good too.

Room Tip: There are no lifts so if you have suitaces a griound level room will be more convenient.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Traveling back to Colorado from California on Friday, October 21st, 2011 we drove into St. George about 9 pm. Though for the rest of the trip, we had made advance hotel reservations, we had not done so for this last night of our vacation. (We were hoping we would have the stamina to make it all the way home that night.) As we searched for a place to stay, the "No Vacancy" signs posted on every hotel door gave us little hope. Because we have a larger-than-average family, we knew we would need multiple rooms. The Knights Inn was nearly empty, which seemed a bit ominous given the full condition of other hotels in town, but we were nevertheless grateful. So what was our experience?

We booked three different rooms, all next to each other on the second floor. One room had three queen beds, another had two queens, and the third had one king. All the rooms had small refrigerators and microwaves. Amazingly, all the fridges were cold, which was great given our "traveling grocery store." We utilized all the fridges and microwaves, and they all worked.

The room with three queen beds probably felt the most crowded. (Six of our daughters slept here.) There was no closet, but there were dressers and, in the corner, a small table. A sink with a vanity were separate from the rest of the bathroom, which is helpful when that many people are sharing.

My husband and I stayed in the King room with our baby daughter. I expected to have to set up her portable playpen next to our bed, so I was pleased to find that this room set-up contained its own living area with refrigerator, microwave, an extra sink, a couch, table, TV and plenty of space to put the playpen. It lacked an actual door between the rooms, but was still two distinct areas. (This living area created a buffer from outside noise and light, which was fabulous for sleeping in a bit the next morning!) The bedroom area had a closet and large dresser, as well as a sink with a long vanity separate from the toilet/shower area.

Our four boys slept in the room with two queens, which was actually two rooms--a bedroom area (with the bathroom) and a separate living area. By separate, I mean there was a door between the two areas that could be closed. The bedroom area had a closet and dresser. The bathroom was all enclosed, with a corner sink that had long counters on each side of it. The living area contained the frig and microwave as well as a couch, TV, table and an extra sink. The oldest boy (19) went to sleep before ten, but the younger boys (13, 11, and 9) wanted to go swimming, so this room set-up was ideal for them, with the younger boys staying up in the living area so the oldest could sleep.

Swimming was kind of a joke as the pool ("heated from May through October") was tepid at best and the "hot tub" was the same temperature as the pool. (Also, it didn't look that clean. Our boys were determined, though.) However, Ryan (at the front desk) was very accommodating about pool towels at 9:45 pm (when the pool closes at 10). He also was quite nice about extra room towels and replacement kleenix boxes. He was apologetic about the state of the hotel, explaining that it is an older hotel kept up and cleaned by the owner himself as it doesn't generate enough income to pay cleaning staff. Ryan seemed to be the only employee. For all that, we were pleased by the size of the rooms, the comfort of the beds, and even the overall cleanliness, given how old it all is.

Breakfast choices the next morning consisted of coffee, apple juice, some kind of an orange juice mixture, milk, bagels, English muffins, and four kinds of sweet cereal. Nothing fancy, but the toaster did its job, the milk was cold, and there was plenty of cream cheese and jelly.

Our average room rate/night was under $63, including tax.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn St. George North? Share your experiences!