“Currently Has Some Problems” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Richfield
Portland, Oregon
“Currently Has Some Problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

At the end of a long driving day we stopped in Richfield to spend the night. Check in went quickly. The rate was good. The room was clean with the usual fridge, microwave, coffee maker, flat screen T.V. with lots of channels and password protected wi-fi. When we walked in the room we noticed it was really hot. Thinking it was the sun beating through the window into the room we turned on the air conditioning. Even setting it at 64 did not lower the room temperature and the unit kept turning on and off. Annoying but not a total deal breaker. We were only able to get a interior room whose window looks out to the pool. The pool is closed while they build a enclosure around it. And build they are. As I write this it's 7:30pm. Workers are still outside cutting, grinding, making noise. I feel for someone, who after a long day needed to get to sleep early. Really irresponsible that the hotel does not stop the work at 5:00pm. That would be reasonable. After all, guests pay to rest and recuperate. This is like paying to stay at a construction site. Here's a tip. Before you make a reservation ask the desk if construction is still going on at the pool. If it is go to the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: It's in the body of the review.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityInnRichfield, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
I would to thank you for your time in reviewing your recent stay at the Quality Inn. I have addressed the issue with our builders and the we apologize for the pool enclosure project caring on later than scheduled. I hope that in the coming weeks we have the opportunity to open the pool for year round use for our customers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Vail, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a relatively low cost place ($67/night for a non smoking, king), convenient to the interstate. There is a restaurant next door and lots of gas stations for when you continue on your way. This is a travelers stop off in the middle of nowhere. The (included) breakfast was hot and plentiful (eggs, sausages, waffles, pastries, etc). The rooms were plain with older furnishings, but the halls and bathrooms were clean. The only issue we had was that the sheets didn't really fit the bed, and despite trying to get the fitted sheets around the corners of the bed, my wife and I were unsuccessful. By the time we awakened in the AM the fitted sheet had popped off of all the corners and was crumpled up underneath us. (It didn't get that way due to extracurricular activities either :-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityInnRichfield, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the opportunity to write a response concerning your recent stay at the Quality Inn of Richfield. Being a hotel located in downtown rural Utah, sometimes we don't standout because of location, but we are thankful for the opportunity to care for you on your recent stop in Richfield. Hope to see you again on future adventure through the Utah.
Spanish Fork, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Quality Inn Richfield Utah, since our last stay they have updated rooms, paint, new beds, TV's. The rooms are clean, staff friendly and helpful. The property is close to several restaurants, which made walking easy. Will stay there again

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Morrison, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Staying here for a week or two for work. Rooms are plenty big, clean, beds are comfortable. The place is a little older, so electric plugs can be in short supply. Wifi works fine. Breakfast is better than average. Front desk helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: I prefer upstairs, but there is no elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
San Dimas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Went here because the reviews were pretty good. We were pleasantly surprised with a nice big room, good size refrigerator, micro wave, and comfortable bed. They had cookies in the lobby and breakfast was good quality (good eggs and sausage, not processed). Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
QualityInnRichfield, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Quality Inn of Richfield. I am pleased to hear that you were cared for and that your stay was a pleasant one. If ever in the area again, please stop in.
liberty112
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed 1 night here in March 2013 while on a cross country road trip. I always use Trip Advisor before booking a place to stay, and I have to say this is the first time I have not agreed with the previous reviewers on an establishment. I would not stay at this property again, nor would I recommend it to other travelers.

The female front desk employee was not welcoming and acted as if I was interrupting her evening by checking in. I felt extremely uncomfortable with her demeanor and lack luster way of getting me my room.

I had rented the King Bed Suite with 2 person Jacuzzi and was very disappointed with what I got when I opened the door to the room. The toilet had hair on the lid (gross!) and the Jacuzzi was large, but it didn't look like it had been cleaned very well. The carpet in the very large oversized suite was pink and the furnishings also lacked updating. The super large tv would have been great if the volume had worked and didn't keep jumping up and down in sound.

Parking was around the back and bordered a trailer court that looked like it had some sketchy residents. I was worried about my vehicle, but it survived the night as I did. Breakfast was normal hotel food and the attendant was friendly.

I would definitely choose to pay a few more dollars and stay somewhere else when making Richfield, Utah your home for the evening. Even paying a premium for this hotel's "best room" I walked away very disappointed and not comfortable ever staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Richfield, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I'm currently at the hotel right now for one night as I drive across country, and am having a horrible experience here. I just had the fire alarm go off in my room (only my room, nobody elses) as I'm stepping in the shower. I tried calling the front desk (while listening to the screeching sounds of an alarm in my ear), and had nobody answer. Obviously I hung up and called again, still no answer. After 3 minutes on the phone trying to get someone, I dressed and left my room for the front desk. I ran into a worker in a hallway, and she said the woman in the front was busy on her phone. It took an addition 10 minutes of the worker coming to my room, failing to be able to turn off the alarm, having to walk to the front desk and get someone else to turn it off. Nobody called to apologize after the incident or explain what happened. Instead when I called the front desk the woman tells me that they go off with the showers if you take a hot one, and that if it happens again to take a towel and fan it the alarm & crack a window until the alarm turns itself off. I'm so upset with the quality of service here and the fact I can't take a shower here without the alarm going off apparently. I do NOT recommend this hotel to anyone, ever!

Room Tip: If you want a good room, book it at a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!