“good value nice staff clean room free wifi” 4 of 5 stars

Appletree Inn
145 South Main St, Richfield, UT 84701   |
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Richfield
Homewood, Illinois
“good value nice staff clean room free wifi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I needed somewhere to stay off of I-70 so I stayed here. It was a good price compared with other hotels in the area. The room was clean and the front desk was friendly. Plus there was free wifi! The only downside was that the pool was empty and closed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Room is clean and great value. It is reasonable price compare with other hotels in this area. Plus you got free Wifi. I really don't like spent more on internet while I'm traveling. Although it is old motel. I will recommend my family and friend to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The tour group (seagull travel) has a deal with Appletree Inn, so expect majority of the rooms to be taken up by their tours for 3-4 nights a week.

Huge compound with many rooms, if you have huge luggage and you got a 2nd floor room, good luck to you. NO porter services and lifts. It has the late 60s feel, afterall it's a small town with nothing much to offer but just a night stop before you carry on your journey. there's a large supermarket (freshmarket) opposite the hotel, and closes at 9pm. They do provide FREE WIFI

I got room 228, 2nd floor corner room, at first glance, room was very decent and clean, though the quilt cover was abit dated in design, bathroom was fairly basic and small, and they did have a coffee machine. You can't ask for much for the price you pay.
However the killer point was that the tap and shower SUX!! Sand initially came out from the bathroom shower. (OMG!!) and the water pressure was crapped. Initially it was alright(first 3 mins) but eventually it became small drips. How do you expect one to shower? Hot water was non-existent. In the end, i had to wait impatiently and repeatedly fill up small water bottles of cold water from the tap( i took about 30s to fill a 500ml bottle, u can imagine how the flow is), and pour on myself. It was a nightmare. Other people from my tour had the same experience. And since there's only 1 person on duty at night, i doubt he can do anything.

I would never stay here again if i had the chance, would rather pay abit more for better comfort.
I reckon things would not improve as bulk of the business comes from the tour groups (about 50 rooms a night), where we can't choose our hotels. To be Fair, the room allocated was alright and very liveable, but the shower is a Total DISASTER!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The rooms were "clean" - clean to the point there was "that smell" of disinfectant or bug spray, or something. It creeped me out to be honest.

Otherwise all amenities were clean. Stayed as part of a tour group package.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Our room was much less then all the competing hotels so I was a little skeptical, but we needed a place to sleep enroute from KS to NV. This motel is on the main drag in the little town away from the interstate a little, I imagine at one time a booming place before the I-70 was built, as it was a large complex. We got room 206, it was clean, quiet and a decent size. Free internet and parking is all you get. I saw a small coin laundry room available and pool, we used neither. The owner was very friendly and our room was ready when we got there. If I was doing a home inspection I would note the ceiling over the shower has damage, no doubt from the bathroom above, but I was not buying the place just renting. The Tv had plenty of channels to watch, the room was very quite and the ac was a newer one shutting off when the desired temp was reached.. There seemed to be plenty of shops close by and the gas station out by the I-70 had cheap gas to top your tank on the way out..

Room Tip: Our room was in the 2 story building facing inside away from the street.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Elko, NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012 via mobile

After receiving my key and walking towards the room I noticed the roof over the walkway falling apart from what looked like water damage. Walked into the stale smelling room with a portable cooler of some type in it and no fridge or micro. The bathroom had mold all over the place, ceiling, tub, and walls. The back of the door had a used towel hanging on the back of it. You had to hold down the handle of the toilet for it to flush completely. I immediately asked to see another room because I wasn't about to stay in that one. We switched to a room a touch cleaning, meaning there wasn't mold growing on the walls. The shower was actually good and hard in this room but the window above it was disgustingly dirty. I didn't dare use the coffee pot they provided and the hair dryer didn't work. It was the worst sleep I've ever had because I was afraid of the sheets that barely covered the mattress would move and I'd touch it. The linens were old and wrinkled and the pillows nearly flat. My friends had a carton of melted ice cream in their fridge. All the ice machines were out of order. My friend asked for ice and no one ever brought any. The pool was drained and closed but the paint was peeling and the pool looked in disrepair. Overall, this place looks like it needs to be bulldozed.

• Stayed January 2012
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Two rooms - the main room had one big bed and the inside room had a smaller bed. Each room came with a desk. No fridge. Free wifi. Bathroom did not have hand grip or bath mat. Bathroom was spacious though. No breakfast.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Appletree Inn? Share your experiences!