“Average La Quinta hotel, great location.” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Provo Town Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1460 S. University Ave., Provo, UT 84601   |
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Stephenville, Texas
“Average La Quinta hotel, great location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Average hotel, great location. It's average La Quinta, which still is pretty nice. Especially if on a budget.
I've stayed here three different times and was satisfied each time. Close to the mall, or any other kind of shopping you could want to find in south Provo.

• Stayed February 2013
Zackary B, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn Provo Town Center, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about you experience. Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta are our top priorities. We look forward to showing you that we are working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standard.

We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Houston, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Let me start by saying that I would not recommend this hotel! I booked this hotel online for two nights as we were on our honeymoon traveling through Nevada, Utah, Colorado, and Arizona.

We arrived at about 9 PM on a January night. When we spotted the hotel from the road, we thought it looked average for a LaQuinta and having past positive experiences with the brand, we felt relieved. That reputation was soon to change.

We walked in to the front-desk area and took a place in line behind another man who was checking in solo. While waiting, I observed that the front-desk area appeared to be a buffet line as someone's dinner was spread out all over the counter area. When it was our turn, we let the clerk (Adam) know that we were there to check in and we had a reservation. He quickly pulled up our reservation on the computer and told us that "hotwire has you booked for 2 nights in 2 queen beds". Immediately, I asked if there was any way to change the request (we were on our honeymoon afterall). The clerk didn't even check to see available rooms (but from the looks of the parking lot there were plenty) before telling us that he wasn't allowed to make changes. He did however push the restaurant on us, by handing us a coupon for a free appetizer and telling us that his food (pointing to all the food on the counter area) looked good, then we should go check it out. He directed us to our and told us to pull our car around to a stairway, go up the stairs and our room was to the left.

We did as told and before long, we found ourselves facing a steep set of stairs to tote six suitcases up between the two of us (fishing was part of our trip and we didn't feel comfortable leaving our gear in the car). When we entered the room, it seemed dated and had an "old" smell to it but overall was pretty clean. The furniture and bed linens are in desperate need of an update - think 1993 hotel room. We freshened up a bit, before heading down to the restaurant for a bite to eat. We walked down the hall to another set of stairs so that we could avoid walking outside in the cold since the restaurant is connected to the hotel. On our way, we passed a room service tray with leftovers from someone's supper on it (please take note of this fact as I'll talk about the tray again later).

That night, after eating an average meal at the adjacent restaurant, we chose one of our queen beds and settled in for the night. My husband, who'd driven the majority of the day, was exhausted and fell asleep before I could even get in bed. Immediately, I noticed that there was a slope in the bed on my side which made it almost impossible for me to sleep. After several hours of tossing and turning, I could bear it no more and woke my husband up at about 3 AM to tell him we had to switch beds. We moved all of our suitcases off the other bed in the middle of the night and switched to what was a somewhat more comfortable bed (although it would have been nice to have a king).

The next morning, we awoke early and went to breakfast about 7 AM. The breakfast spread was impressive for a free hotel breakfast - there was sausage, eggs, fruit, assorted cereals, pastries, toast, juices, coffee and more. After getting our fill, we returned to the room before heading out for the day. The maid service had begun their daily routine. I noticed that the tray of leftover food, previously mentioned was still in the same spot it had been the night before. As we were leaving later that day, I observed a maid pick up the tray and place it on the floor in the hallway next to the vending machines on the second floor.

We stayed another night, which was slept in the better of our two beds and checked out at 4 AM the next morning. As we were lugging all of our suitcases down the stairs, I saw the same leftover tray of food still sitting on the floor in the hallway (eww!)! We stopped by the lobby to check-out and two employees were behind the counter. Before I even got close, one of them asked if they could help me. I told them I just needed to check out. He typed a few keys and said "all set" without asking me even once how my stay was or if there were any issues.

Overall, this a great budget friendly option if you're just in need of a bed to sleep in (and willing to roll the dice on level of comfort). I wouldn't recommend this hotel nor would I stay here again if visiting the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room if you have luggage and don't book through Hotwire if you'd like...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Zackary B, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn Provo Town Center, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
We truly appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta.

Your continued satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities. We hope you will be staying with us again soon.
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at La Quinta in Provo and were pleasantly surprised at how nice it is. The staff were so friendly and accommodating. The rate was reasonable too. They even called after we had gotten settled in our room to see if everything was ok. The beds were like new and the room was very clean. A great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Zackary B, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn Provo Town Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Provo La Quinta. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

La Quinta continuously strives to create memorable moments with our guests, through people first service and clean comfortable accommodations. We stand by our commitment to serving our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations.

We will see you soon.
Azusa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We where told to stay at La Quinta from the school our son attends. When we arrived we had to look around for someone to check us in. One person working multiple jobs. Our room was clean, not extra soap or shampoo. Bed was very uncomfortable. Blankets where alittle short. Breakfast was ok hard boild eggs instead of scrabbled, had to wait awhile to make your own waffles. Yes its close to a mall & walking distice to other stores & resturants but I think next time I will stay at another hotel. No ice in the ice machine.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 2021... no microwave, not many clothes hangers. no dirty clothes bags & no ext...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Zackary B, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn Provo Town Center, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
We sincerely apologize for the issues that occured during your stay here at the La Quinta Inn. It is always our goal to keep our breakfast well stocked at all times and to do our best at keeping every guest happy and comfortable, We appreciate your feedback and hope to make your future stays more enjoyable.
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We chose a La Quinta for the first time and it was an okay experience. The staff were very good, the room was clean but not very soundproof, price was reasonable, location was convenient to walk around and get a bite to eat. Breakfast was okay - the usual fare, nothing special. We didn't have any complaints and we may use La Quinta again but probably like to stay at hotels a little bit higher quality and therefore price! An okay experience

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Zackary B, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn Provo Town Center, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Provo Town Center La Quinta. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

we continuously strives to create memorable moments with our guests, through people first service and clean comfortable accommodations. We stand by our commitment to serving our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations.
Manti, Utah, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here in november of 2012 and when i walked through the doors i was immediately seen and greeted with a very friendly front desk lady. She already had my reservation ready when i gave her my name so i just had to sign my name and receive my keys. I went to my room and when i opened the door, I smell a clean fresh smell. The room is gorgeous. In the morning I went to the breakfast bar and was pleasantly surprised to see a huge variety of hot food and cold juice, coffe and fresh fruit. Food tasted awesome. Then i went back to my room and i got to relax before my business I had to attend and the reason I got to relax is because their check-out time is 12oclock instead of 11 am or 1. I have never been anywhere that offers you the check-out at 12oclock. They also have a restraunt built right onto the hotel. Its a beautiful, clean restraunt. the food is very delicious and the staff is very friendly. The hotel is a perfect place to STAYstay for business and pleasure because of its location. It is right next to the provo mall ANDand right off the freeway, so it makes it easy to get into and out. Their are lots of other businesses and restraunts around. I love ths hotel, I give it 5 stars and I would deffinately reccommend it to everyone, wehter it be for business or pleasure. I went to this hotel because it was highly reccommended by some business collegues of mine and I am sure glad they did. This hotel is a perfect place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Provo Town Center? Share your experiences!