“What a dump room 118 was!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Provo

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Provo to your Saves list
Knights Inn Provo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1380 South University Avenue, Provo, UT 84601 (Formerly M-Star Hotel Provo)   |
Ranked #18 of 21 hotels in Provo
Las Vegas, Nevada
“What a dump room 118 was!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed in Knight's Inn 8-12-13, room 118, what a dump. Paint peeling off walls, mildew odor, refrigerator door bent, shower was a joke. I used a cup to rinse, as this provided more water than shower head. Tub filled with water above the ankle, as the main nozzle kept filling the tub. Did I mention the ants? There are two Wi-Fi hook-ups, neither could connect us to Internet during our stay. As Chief Joseph might have said, I will sleep at Knight's Inn, no more, forever.
It's so bad I took photos! I drove 365 miles home to give this rating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We booked two rooms here for three nights for a family function but could only stand two. Fortunately we were refunded for the third night, but would have left anyway. Rooms were fairly clean but didn't smell clean and had a patchwork remodeling job. The bed area was dramatically painted and draped (but outlets for only one bedside lamp and clock) but the rest of the large room was crumbling with age, with dirty carpet and thrift shop furniture and lighting was very dim, even with all available lights on. Worse, this is the first time ever we have seen a hotel or motel room with NO CLOSET! (Room 113)--not even a rod to hang clothes on. My dad had no place to hang his suit. The temperature outside was in the high 90s and as luck would have it, the pool was closed for repairs (and looked like it had been for more than one summer.) The college age staff tried very hard but every time we had a question they had to try and locate the manager via cell phone, not Lways successfully, and we just gave up.

Room Tip: Stay at Days Inn across the street (or) just about any place else.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bozeman, Montana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here after a long day of driving. Staff was reasonably friendly and bed seemed clean but the room smelled of mold and we couldn't sleep because some sort of water pump came on and off every 5 seconds (literally). We realized what the sound was the next morning during a "Russian roulette" shower in which the water would get scalding hot every 5 seconds which was unbearable. Breakfast was mediocre...hard boiled eggs, frozen waffles, biscuits, cold cereal and bad OJ and coffee. If you're on a budget and just need a few hours' sleep, the bed was comfortable but don't bother with a shower....at least not on the 2nd floor.

• Stayed May 2013
San Antonio, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We got into Provo late one night and wanted a room just to sleep in for a few hours. The clerk in the front was very friendly and said she was going to give us one of the newly renovated rooms. Well, if our room was newly renovated, then I would have hated to see the old ones. The room was bearable. The sheets seems to be clean and the beds were old but still somewhat firm. The bathroom was actually the best part. The shower worked great and it was clean and it did seem to be newly renovated. Overall, the room was big, but the furniture and amenities were certainly old and outdated. I would stay here again if I absolutely had to, but I think I would rather be in a Motel 6 (and that's saying a lot).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
West Covina, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Clerk admitted that the lobby stunk because she "burnt something." The room adjoined the lobby - it was old and the furnishings/fittings were beat up. That would have been tolerable but the room stunk - not only the burnt smell like the lobby but a nasty midew odor too - unbearable. There were no other rooms and the clerk cheerfully refused a refund - "we don't give refunds." I left after 20 mins and drove on. Really awful room, awful business, uncaring and indifferent staff. Worst motel I've been to in years! Credit card dispute filed

Room Tip: Avoid this place!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Cheyenne, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We checked into two rooms at The Provo Plaza Inn at 6:30 pm. Upon entering the rooms, we were met with an unexplainable odor of filth. The rooms smelled as if they had not been cleaned in months. We requested non-smoking rooms, was is was very clear by the yellow staining on the walls, and odor that it was a smoking room. The bathtub had a film of brown sludge, accompanied by hair from the previous guests. There was a build up of scum on the faucets, bath drains and walls of the bathrooms. The toilet was running, and making a loud squeeling noise. The curtains were disgustingly filthy, and hanging half up and half down. The legs on the table were broken. The carpet was stained, and filthy. The furniture was in the same condition as the carpet. There was a half burned inscent on top of the toilet. There was one dirty towel left for a room that was intended for at least 4. We looked outside the window of our room, only to find a suspicious “tenant” of the motel, circling our vehicles, and looking in the windows. We immediately grabbed our belongings, and went back to the front desk. By this time, it was 7 p.m . We requested a refund for the two rooms that we paid for. The young woman called her manager, and he refused the refund. We requested to speak to the manager, but she refused to allow us too, and stated she was in fear of being fired, if she allowed us to speak to him. I have never seen any motel/hotel rooms such as this. I DO NOT recommend the M Star Provo Plaza Inn to anyone at anytime.

Room Tip: Go across the street to the Sleep Inn. Very clean, nice rooms!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Bologna, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

During my last western tour I had planned to spend one night in Provo UT. As I often do I just had had a look at the town motels' rates but I didn't take the time to check any review as well.After inquiring a few places I happened at the M star Hotel. It was one of those places that are neither a real motel nor a real hotel, but the rate was good, the staff very kind and helpful and if I'm not wrong continental breakfast was included. Since just the previous night I had had a very bad experience concerning my accomodation I asked to have a look at the room. It was extremely large, somewhat rundown and not well mantained, definitely kitsch and lacking both a fridge and a microwave but I reckoned that it was decent. I offloaded my car and only then I had a look at the bed linens. Horror and disgust took possession of me on the spot but it was nothing compared to the rage I felt bursting inside of me. Just twenty minutes befored I had told the young lady at the reception about my terrible experience the night before and since she showed quite sympathetic I took for granted that the M Star Hotel was not that kind of place. What a mistake! I put on the first pair of pants I could grab and I went straight to the lobby asking for a complete refound telling the same lady I wasn't going to spend the night there showing all my wrath. She deeply apologized and seemed to be truly embarrassed. After calling someone she fully refounded me. Hotels that don't even respect the basic rules of hospitality shouldn't be on business. I can stand almost everything but filth and cheating.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Knights Inn Provo? Share your experiences!