“Perfect place to see the best of Provo” 5 of 5 stars

You added Provo Travelers Inn to your Saves list
Provo Travelers Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   70 East 300 South, Provo, UT 84606   |
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Provo
“Perfect place to see the best of Provo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Coming to Provo? Then you want to stay here. You are minutes away from strolling to the Provo Temple, amazing restaurants, movie theater, bus lines, and the Provo Central station (which can take you anywhere in the Salt Lake and Utah counties). The staff is great, the rooms are awesome, especially the free, fast, Wi-Fi and the enormous bathroom. You will have a great time at this place.

Room Tip: Room 20 was great, large bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

This motel is close to all the things I want to do in provo. It has convenient access to frontrunner and the mall. The rooms have been remodeled and are nice. Of all the 300 south motels this one is the cleanest. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This place was disgusting!!!!! The quilts on the bed were stained, and the sheets were nasty. They had plastic still on the table lamp and all the outlets were a fire hazard. The towels were
not cleaned and the floors were so dirty. They charged me $10 for my small dog, and he wouldn't even sleep on the floor!!!!! The mattress looked like it has been chewed up by rats!I will never ever stay there again!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have stay in the past at this hotel great location in downtown Provo Uath close to BYU University, and many other stores. Also what I like are the clean rooms and the hotel staff so very poilite. There are many great plces to eat near by and a Smith's food store also, ther is wifi here and walking distance to amost nayhwere in downtown Provo. There is no pool but if you come to visit who wants to go into a pool? Anyway for the rooom and the amount of money it's a great deal.

Room Tip: Make resverations in advance due to they are full most of the time ask for a room on the east side
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

we are always on a tight budget and the price was cheap so we went for it that one time and had travelled all day across the desert on a motorcycle and we were hot and tired and even if we had not prepaid wouldnt have wanted to keep looking around for something else. This motel is in a seedy rundown part of town just off of what USED to be the main highway, but now most of the nearby buildings are boarded up. Half the people in the motel live there one step up from homeless.
Or room did lock and the a/c worked. I personally didn't see bed bugs in the bed and didnt itch in the morning and the sheets WERE clean but the bed itself was just ok. Not the worst I have ever slept on but by far not the best. one creepy thing, the bed cover was kinda messed up when we went in.. sheets not disturbed, but like someone had gone in there and just laid down for a while in the a/c and rested for a while. maybe the maid? shrugs. the sheets were clean so we shrugged it off..no biggie. The bed cover WAS kinda shabby and the rug kinda worn but what do you expect these days for less than 50 bucks?
The bathroom was not clean however. The toilet, sink and shower/tub had been cleaned ok but there was some kind of bugs or black specks like spilled coffee on the floor in the bathroom which I just wiped up myself with toilet paper and flushed. They weren't moving so maybe someone had just sprayed down the bathroom with bug spray and never made it back in there to wipe up the dead bugs? Suppose they could have been bed bugs but if they were they were microscopic and dead and they didnt get me in the bed. I have stayed in rooms in Florida that had cockroaches and wolf spiders the size of kittens so this wasnt the worst bug problem I ever saw..lol
The room was quiet enough, they did have tv with cable, hbo, fridge and microwave and coffeemaker, but the motel's ice machine was turned off. guess they figure the tenants could go buy an ice cube tray and make their own. we had to go ask the Indian woman for ice. She did cheerfully go get us enough for our drinks in a bucket from her own refrigerator ice machine. Maybe the partiers that live in the motel full time use it all up fast and run the water and electric bill up? Later on that day, since they actually had some actual tourist business that night (us) the male owner turned on the ice machine and we finally did manage to get enough ice to put some in our little ice chest before we left the next day.
they need to fix the date thing on this.. we were actually there in June of 2011 but couldnt get to that date. a few days ago it used to say more than a year ago... dont know what is up with that.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Grand Junction, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We booked this room on through an online website that charged us $5.99 for their services. I called to confirm the reservation because it was late at night and we were too tired to continue on to our home town. The woman who answered gave us vague directions and the freeway was under construction. We finally found Travelers Inn and when we checked in, we were given the only room available for 2 adults. It was the handicapped accessible room which did not have a dead bolt ont he door. The room had 2 beds, a fridge and microwave with a breakfast meal in the fridge for us. The bathroom was recently remodeled with new tile and walk-in shower with a shower seat and detachable shower head. The rest of the room was out dated in the decor, but having breakfast in the room was a plus. The office had homemade mini muffins and weak coffee for breakfast. We ate the yogurt, fruit and sausage biscuits in our room instead. I don't think we would stay at the Travelers Inn again.

Room Tip: Good enough for a one night stay en route to your destination or home.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

The good: The bed was very comfortable, the bedding felt good too. I looked under the bedding for bedbugs but there were none thankfully. The frig and microwave worked well and were great to have for the price. Decent sized room. Quiet corner. Walked to restaurant for supper. Coffee in the office was ok.
The bad: Moldy shower curtain but I've seen worse, just didn't use the shower. If I had, I'd have worn flipflops on my feet. The carpet was in need of replacement or a real good scrubbing. I avoided walking barefoot. The door had only the standard electronic lock, no deadbolt, no inside latch. We called ahead from on the road and asked for a AAA price: the gentleman said $49 but when we arrived the lady said $59; when my husband said we were quoted $49 she said ok. Maybe we should have tried to go lower. The office had mini-muffins out when we arrived and the same few were out for "breakfast". No thanks.
The ulgy: There was a car and a pickup in the parking lot with flat tires! My guess is that they belonged to students staying there but the whole place gave me the creeps.
We had a good night, but I felt almost lucky for that. We had no problems and for the price it was ok but next time I'd look for something else. It was January so the pool was closed. It must be the pool that gives this place a 2 Diamond rating.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Provo Travelers Inn? Share your experiences!