“it worked for one night but won't go back” 2 of 5 stars

Provo Travelers Inn
70 East 300 South, Provo, UT 84606   |
Ranked #12 of 20 hotels in Provo
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“it worked for one night but won't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

we are always on a tight budget and the price was cheap so we went for it that one time and had travelled all day across the desert on a motorcycle and we were hot and tired and even if we had not prepaid wouldnt have wanted to keep looking around for something else. This motel is in a seedy rundown part of town just off of what USED to be the main highway, but now most of the nearby buildings are boarded up. Half the people in the motel live there one step up from homeless.
Or room did lock and the a/c worked. I personally didn't see bed bugs in the bed and didnt itch in the morning and the sheets WERE clean but the bed itself was just ok. Not the worst I have ever slept on but by far not the best. one creepy thing, the bed cover was kinda messed up when we went in.. sheets not disturbed, but like someone had gone in there and just laid down for a while in the a/c and rested for a while. maybe the maid? shrugs. the sheets were clean so we shrugged it off..no biggie. The bed cover WAS kinda shabby and the rug kinda worn but what do you expect these days for less than 50 bucks?
The bathroom was not clean however. The toilet, sink and shower/tub had been cleaned ok but there was some kind of bugs or black specks like spilled coffee on the floor in the bathroom which I just wiped up myself with toilet paper and flushed. They weren't moving so maybe someone had just sprayed down the bathroom with bug spray and never made it back in there to wipe up the dead bugs? Suppose they could have been bed bugs but if they were they were microscopic and dead and they didnt get me in the bed. I have stayed in rooms in Florida that had cockroaches and wolf spiders the size of kittens so this wasnt the worst bug problem I ever saw..lol
The room was quiet enough, they did have tv with cable, hbo, fridge and microwave and coffeemaker, but the motel's ice machine was turned off. guess they figure the tenants could go buy an ice cube tray and make their own. we had to go ask the Indian woman for ice. She did cheerfully go get us enough for our drinks in a bucket from her own refrigerator ice machine. Maybe the partiers that live in the motel full time use it all up fast and run the water and electric bill up? Later on that day, since they actually had some actual tourist business that night (us) the male owner turned on the ice machine and we finally did manage to get enough ice to put some in our little ice chest before we left the next day.
they need to fix the date thing on this.. we were actually there in June of 2011 but couldnt get to that date. a few days ago it used to say more than a year ago... dont know what is up with that.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Grand Junction, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We booked this room on through an online website that charged us $5.99 for their services. I called to confirm the reservation because it was late at night and we were too tired to continue on to our home town. The woman who answered gave us vague directions and the freeway was under construction. We finally found Travelers Inn and when we checked in, we were given the only room available for 2 adults. It was the handicapped accessible room which did not have a dead bolt ont he door. The room had 2 beds, a fridge and microwave with a breakfast meal in the fridge for us. The bathroom was recently remodeled with new tile and walk-in shower with a shower seat and detachable shower head. The rest of the room was out dated in the decor, but having breakfast in the room was a plus. The office had homemade mini muffins and weak coffee for breakfast. We ate the yogurt, fruit and sausage biscuits in our room instead. I don't think we would stay at the Travelers Inn again.

Room Tip: Good enough for a one night stay en route to your destination or home.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

The good: The bed was very comfortable, the bedding felt good too. I looked under the bedding for bedbugs but there were none thankfully. The frig and microwave worked well and were great to have for the price. Decent sized room. Quiet corner. Walked to restaurant for supper. Coffee in the office was ok.
The bad: Moldy shower curtain but I've seen worse, just didn't use the shower. If I had, I'd have worn flipflops on my feet. The carpet was in need of replacement or a real good scrubbing. I avoided walking barefoot. The door had only the standard electronic lock, no deadbolt, no inside latch. We called ahead from on the road and asked for a AAA price: the gentleman said $49 but when we arrived the lady said $59; when my husband said we were quoted $49 she said ok. Maybe we should have tried to go lower. The office had mini-muffins out when we arrived and the same few were out for "breakfast". No thanks.
The ulgy: There was a car and a pickup in the parking lot with flat tires! My guess is that they belonged to students staying there but the whole place gave me the creeps.
We had a good night, but I felt almost lucky for that. We had no problems and for the price it was ok but next time I'd look for something else. It was January so the pool was closed. It must be the pool that gives this place a 2 Diamond rating.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011 via mobile

after we checked in at travlers inn we were leaving to go buy food, when we noticed our door didnt even lock!!! Anyone could walk in, and the only thing the idian women who owns it could say was 'no problem, door dont lock no problem.' plus the towels and sheets were disgusting. We got into bed that night and started itching everywhere. They have bed bugs. There is no way i'll ever stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011
noonan, nd
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I booked room with traveler's inn through a website and paid in advance. After traveling all day and getting in later than planned. when we showed up they said they had no room for us. we have been going back and forth between the website and the hotel and can't get our money back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I rolled into Provo at around midnight about a week behind my family and after driving all day from Omaha, Nebraska. I was exhausted, and wasn't sure what to expect for hotels in Provo, and hadn't made reservations since I wasn't sure when I'd be arriving. I literally stumbled across The Travelers Inn and turned in to see what was available. They had a room available for only 49.99 with a kingsize bed, cable tv, fridge, and microwave. I was amazed! Right in the middle of downtown Provo, literally two blocks away from the Nuskin corporate building.
The room was large, very clean, and quiet. I was only going to stay for the night, but liked the room so much that I stayed for four days while I finalized the move of my business to Provo. While I was there I saw all the activity and the effort of the owners to maintain the Inn as would any top-tier hotel, (such as hired contractors for pest control, landscaping, and linen/laundry service).
The pride the owners have in their Inn is very obvious, and I will tell all my friends and family about this little gem I found.
If you want to be close to everything in Provo, there's no need to spend a fortune. Look no further. A+!! recommendation from me.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Provo, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

This indian woman owns it and she is VERY VERY demanding and rude. If you want to be bothered, ALL the time, to the point it is HARASSMENT, choose Travelers Inn- You'll get all that and unclean sheets and no toilet paper! Who wants that??? The indian woman does NOT keep up with housekeeping, nor does the "incredible" staff. She finds a way to charge you for every little thing. She is a theif and if you try to talk to her rationally she won't hear it. She will yell, and repeat things that don't matter. My advice, don't stay here. It may be cheap, but this Indian woman will find SOME way to charge you. Blindsided.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Provo Travelers Inn? Share your experiences!